Hopefully not

22 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

The start of what? Getting rid of some overpaid ,aging underachievers ? Ar you moaning that we are using younger hungrier players. England are a bunch of kids and they seem to be doing ok. This is jack hunt not FF. jos probably doesn't rate him. Surprised we have got a fee for him frankly.

Since when was 27 over age? 

4 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

So why didn’t we offer him a new one? 

Because he's earning decent money and we probably not willing (or able) to renew on the same terms. 

1 hour ago, Sheff44 said:

Hunt gone, hopefully not a sign of things to come. I think we are now again not very attractive to players as a club, eg:Hunt leaving for mighty Bristol City, and last season's poor performance.

I very rarely neg anyone , but your post is so bad your getting one. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

So why didn’t we offer him a new one? 

Maybe becouse he was signed for /by our old manager and our new man in charge feels he is surplus or maybe has someone else more suited to the role Jack would have to fulfill. If Jos wants to shape the squad to fit his ways strategies, formation and tactics he needs to get rid of players from our already overly bloated squad before he can bring the new players in. 

1 hour ago, Sheff44 said:

Hunt gone, hopefully not a sign of things to come. I think we are now again not very attractive to players as a club, eg:Hunt leaving for mighty Bristol City, and last season's poor performance.

4397AFE0-F60E-4713-A2A1-CE7F0349E7D4.gif.a58f2c8f272ce7d610fa572b99d5cf84.gifAnd another one ....... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Maybe becouse he was signed for /by our old manager and our new man in charge feels he is surplus or maybe has someone else more suited to the role Jack would have to fulfill. If Jos wants to shape the squad to fit his ways strategies, formation and tactics he needs to get rid of players from our already overly bloated squad before he can bring the new players in. 

Good point. If he brings someone else in then i'm happy and i trust his judgement. If he doesn't then i'm worried because Palmer imho is not good enough and it's asking a lot of Baker to step up. This position is vital, where you need a mix of pace and stamina, be capable of putting a good cross in and be strong defensively. Hunt didn't tick all those boxes but he was the best we had at the club in this position, not much doubt about that.

We are going to have to offload some players. Perhaps one of the so-called crown jewels might go too. 

In that second season we blew some serious money and failed to get promoted. With FFP we have to show that we're making efforts to reduce our outgoings. 

We've got several first teamers out of contract in 12 months time. Don't be surprised to see a Hooper etc offloaded too. The club can't/won't resign these guys for the high wages they're on. 

This is football though, so you can always find someone willing to do so. Bristol City have just flogged Reid and Flint for nearly 20 million so they're going to reinvest some of that.

Edited by SiJ

1 minute ago, Sticky belly said:

Good point. If he brings someone else in then i'm happy and i trust his judgement. If he doesn't then i'm worried because Palmer imho is not good enough and it's asking a lot of Baker to step up. This position is vital, where you need a mix of pace and stamina, be capable of putting a good cross in and be strong defensively. Hunt didn't tick all those boxes but he was the best we had at the club in this position, not much doubt about that.

As I said I think with ffp we've got to get rid of a few before we can bring players in the squad is already massively oversized already, plus some of the younger players are looking ready to step up, so we need to offload some players. 

9 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I agree with that 100% IF it was JOs’ choice 

9 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

I'm hoping hes got another Dutch lad similar to joey in mind, technically good, not injury prone and with an engine for 90 minutes. 

Let’s be realistic. Jack Hunt is a decent player; nothing more or less. £1.6M is good business in this context (contract, free up wages etc).  

I have no doubt we will move other players out. What do people expect? For us to stockpile players? 

Jos needs 3-4 transfer windows I think. We have to be patient. We will need to wheel and deal a bit and maybe cash in on a “star” player. 

In England, all but two or three clubs are “selling clubs” and that is the reality of football now. Manchester City and Chelsea can maybe claim not to be selling clubs; maybe Manchester United at a push. Everyone else has a price. 

So let’s all just chill out and not get out panties in a twist at selling a bang average full back for a decent transfer fee. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

Get real mate. Why wouldn't players want to come here? We have one of the best squads in the league. 

4 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

I hope getting shut of average players is very much a sign of things to come.

The automatic names on team sheets from CC's reign are a thing of the past.

Players have to earn the shirt. Youth is given a chance. Income has been generated. 

More of that please.