Jordan Rhodes to move from #SWFC to Norwich City?

Guest addedtime
Just now, Southie_Owl said:

I’m still deluded enough to think Rhodes isn’t finished yet so I think at a team that play to his strengths he’ll do alright. 

I just hope we put a clause that he can’t play against us, and he has to score against the pigs 

Goals only count against the pigs, and clubs within 3 places of us.

9 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

why would a deal involve a fee if they're not covering his wages? Surely the deal would just be to cover more of his wages? not covering wages and then paying a fee would be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Just things I’ve read & heard. 

I thought the same, but then again Norwich have just sold a player for £20million+ so they should be paying a huge loan fee & all his wages....plus take David Jones too :luhukay:

Guest addedtime
6 minutes ago, Moz_Wednesday said:

Just things I’ve read & heard. 

I thought the same, but then again Norwich have just sold a player for £20million+ so they should be paying a huge loan fee & all his wages....plus take David Jones too :luhukay:

I was going to say Butterfield as well........then I remembered.

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Norwich also trying to sign Rhodes good friend Ben Marshall. Think the 2 of them will form a very good partnership. Still want Rhodes to stay with us to be honest. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he smashed in 20+ goals for Norwich next season. 

They are considerably older now. No guarantees. If Rhodes can start banging them in again then it's great for us. We get a golden striker back - or a much better transfer fee. They take points off other rivals. Presumably Jordan wouldn't be able to play against us. If he doesn't bang them in, then it's very sad all round.

10 hours ago, Marpals said:

Trouble is Norwich are in the driving seat if they are the only club interested in him, and to some extent have us over a barrel.

They might be offering to pay only a quarter of his wages and at the end of the day if they are the only club interested they can offer what they want, especially if they are aware we need to move him on due to FFP or to be able to bring any new players of our own in.

Indeed. But by the same token, if we don’t get the freedom we require from moving him on. No deal

4 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Indeed. But by the same token, if we don’t get the freedom we require from moving him on. No deal

Agreed it all comes down to if we have to move someone on before being able to bring in new players.

59 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Still don’t see Rhodes leaving, Norwich will have to dig out blind to get near his wages 

Or give us a bigger chunk of the maddison money to cover it. if for example they have a wage structure there.

5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Depends how Jos sees him. and judging on what we know so far. He could find himself 5th or 6th choice striker next season. rather get even 15 grand off the wage bill then have him play 3 or 4 cup games 

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Or give us a bigger chunk of the maddison money to cover it. if for example they have a wage structure there.

Hopefully, if they value Rhodes high enough to chuck enough cash at it then by all means I’d be happy to let him go because he doesn’t fit into the way Jos plays 

he would take a sizeable chunk of Norwich’s budget though, and they will shop around .. is there better value than Rhodes out there ?  Probably is 

49 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Depends how Jos sees him. and judging on what we know so far. He could find himself 5th or 6th choice striker next season. rather get even 15 grand off the wage bill then have him play 3 or 4 cup games 

Yep, I just meant if they were trying to completely take the proverbial 

• Like 1

Any chance if Norwich agree to pay his wages that we agree to release him or sell him for a nominal fee? Personally i don't see anyone taking Rhodes, purely because if they watch the scouting tape and don't just go 'it's Jordan Rhodes! You know he scores goals all the time', they will see a player who will need to go down a division to get scoring goals again, I don't think he can produce at the championship level anymore. We shall see.

Part of me still thinks he could come good for us, really want him to succeed here. Guess it depends how Jos see' s him fitting in if at all. If he goes then best of luck to him a decent and genuine bloke. Money will be the issue but not his fault, something tells me he would take less just to be playing regular again, does not seem the mercenary type.