Jordan Rhodes to move from #SWFC to Norwich City?

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he's our player and if they want him it's up to us whether he goes or not …...i'd have thought that puts us in the driving seat .

Not if we a desperate to move him on due to FFP or to allow us to bring new players in it doesn't.

Guest wilyfox

They've just raked in over 30 mil for Maddison and Murphy. Cough up ya tight arse Norfolk speaking canaries. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

They've just raked in over 30 mil for Maddison and Murphy. Cough up ya tight arse Norfolk speaking canaries. 

Calm down mate.

It's a bit rude calling people from Norfolk,Norfolk speaking.

FFS.

3 minutes ago, Marpals said:

Not if we a desperate to move him on due to FFP or to allow us to bring new players in it doesn't.

he's our player under contract so we must be in the driving seat . what Norwich want to pay for him is up to them but if it isn't what chansiri wants I doubt very much that they'll get him . 

1 hour ago, Moz_Wednesday said:

You’d have to think loan fee plus the vast majority of his wages...

why would a deal involve a fee if they're not covering his wages? Surely the deal would just be to cover more of his wages? not covering wages and then paying a fee would be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well we’ll soon see how much it’s freed up Of course it’s not ideal, but it’s probably the best we’re gonna get

Wonder If Mr C still thinks there was nothing wrong with our recruitment policy

I doubt very much that we'll know what loaning Rhodes will free up …….I doubt even more that chansiri will hold his hands up and say he got the recruitment policy wrong but then he doesn't have to ...we all know that he did 

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

why would a deal involve a fee if they're not covering his wages? Surely the deal would just be to cover more of his wages? not covering wages and then paying a fee would be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Think we will just ask for so much money paid for the loan deal. however they want to do that be up to them.

Obviously far from ideal when you find yourself considering loaning your record transfer fee striker to a promotion rival.

However, it’s big picture time for us and saving his wage could open up all sorts of possibilities. IMO the best we can hope for is a playoff place going in to next season so I don’t see it as a huge issue if he bangs in plenty of goals for Norwich, at least it restores his value which at present is around nothing given his form and wage contract.

On the off chance he does stay we simply must find a way to utilise him effectively.

Edited by Morepork

We need Rhodes to move on - unfortunately he’s become the poster boy of a decline in our fortunes.

has to go.

19 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Obviously far from ideal when you find yourself considering loaning your record transfer fee striker to a promotion rival.

However, it’s big picture time for us and saving his wage could open up all sorts of possibilities. IMO the best we can hope for is a playoff place going in to next season so I don’t see it as a huge issue if he bangs in plenty of goals for Norwich, at least it restores his value which at present is around nothing given his form and wage contract.

On the off chance he does stay we simply must find a way to utilise him effectively.

hope your right but not many neutrals would have Wednesday & Norwich as rivals for promotion …...I don't see where else other than championship club we could off load him to ..

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

he's our player under contract so we must be in the driving seat . what Norwich want to pay for him is up to them but if it isn't what chansiri wants I doubt very much that they'll get him . 

I agree it we have the final say, but it all depends on how badly we need to get him out and whether us bringing other players in is dependent on him going.

Its like if you have a car and you really need to sell it to bring some cash in, its valued a £1k nobody shows any interest in it, but somebody down the pub hear's about it and offers you £500 its the only offer you have and you really need the money, what do you do ?

I would say we will be lucky to get Norwich to pay 50% of his wages.

Of course that could change if other clubs show an interest.

Edited by Marpals

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

hope your right but not many neutrals would have Wednesday & Norwich as rivals for promotion …...I don't see where else other than championship club we could off load him to ..

I said “the best we could hope for is a playoff spot” we’re in the same boat as a dozen other teams in that respect. lolSame here, other than Norwich I don’t see it.

8 hours ago, Marpals said:

Trouble is Norwich are in the driving seat if they are the only club interested in him, and to some extent have us over a barrel.

They might be offering to pay only a quarter of his wages and at the end of the day if they are the only club interested they can offer what they want, especially if they are aware we need to move him on due to FFP or to be able to bring any new players of our own in.

So on that basis we need to thank Norwich for helping us out of a hole with Rhodes because in reality they know we dont really want him. We should apply those tactics with other clubs for there benefit. Oops I think we did with Middlesborough, except we provided them with a massive windfall.

Think it is best for all concerned. Personally would like to see a transfer agreed only because i do not think will be a success and we will then be stuck with him to end of contract.

Just hope we can persuade a few more (usual suspects) to follow him through the door.

8 hours ago, djorkaeff said:

Ed Balls holds the purse strings for Norwich. If we can’t pull his pants down it’s time to quit. 

We we should tell him it’s only £1m now and £4m for each of the next three windows. ..

I've heard it's Delia Smith who's in charge of the finances, so it will be "frilly briefs" and not pants, that will need to be pulled down !

lol