BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bang on, David Hirst will and SHOULD do what is best for his son.

Being a footballer is a short career and George Hirst understandably wants to earn what he can while he can... absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

None of the above is an issue for me.

What I have a problem with is the fact that he hasn’t signed for Leicester, that between them it appears that Hirst Junior, Hirst Senior and Leicester City have cooked up a way of taking Hirst from the club that developed him for a pittance in order to screw the club out of the compensation they are rightly owed.

Between them it appears that they have taken a huge collective dump on Sheffield Wednesday when there was no need to.

A club they have both claimed they were fans of in the past.

As I say, no problem with George wanting to further his career or earn more money, I have a real problem with what appears to be a deliberate attempt to s**t on the club.

Forgive me if I don’t wish young George well for the future.

It’s just hear say and speculation.

Absolutely no idea if he’ll end up at Leicester.

More likely Pearson just thinks he’s signed a cracking player for his club.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

"Shafted"?

There's other ex-players who are shocked at how young George was treated.

Oooh. What shocking treatment is this?

Have they tied him up and smashed his ankles with hammers?

c11e3dc5c2af1249d842c48f0061f0a4

Or you on about em not picking a player wi no intention of signing for the club in favour of lads who had?

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Tbf most of us expected him to sign for another club, the reason most of us are cheesed off is the deal with us receiving sod all for a player that MIGHT be worth a few million in a year or two. 

We were expecting to receive a few hundred grand from a tribunal. 

Hopefully with the money saved Premier League Champions Leicester can finally pay the money they owe to St. john’s Ambulence. A bill that got pushed to one side when they went into administration. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

So assuming this isn’t a stitch up and not a plan to get him into Leicester via the back door, do you think that moving to the Belgian second division is a better career move, playing in front of a handful of fans every week rather than going to one of the clubs he was linked with such as Leeds United, Everton, Leicester City or signing a new deal

at Wednesday?

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

That isn't more likely tho is it? More likely he goes to Leicester and weds lose millions of pounds.

As has been said by someone else, forgive me for lacking enthusiasm for the young lad.

5 minutes ago, owler66 said:

One thing we should all remember about this is David Hirst is a legend of the club but he isn't a supporter he was brought up a Barnsley fan. 

he was happy to drink our free beer

• Haha 1

Guest Arcadianrocket
5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Sounds like a perfect way to screw us on compensation.

Cheers Nigel, David and George...legends

Short Sighted. Maybe they felt competently disillusioned that they watched Rhodes week in week out not doing anything, whilst Hirst was regularly scoring.

He saw his path blocked by the signing of a past it striker and on the same day we signed Winnall.

That surely would have played a part in his decision.

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

So assuming this isn’t a stitch up and not a plan to get him into Leicester via the back door, do you think that moving to the Belgian second division is a better career move, playing in front of a handful of fans every week rather than going to one of the clubs he was linked with such as Leeds United, Everton, Leicester City or signing a new deal

at Wednesday?

After he was made to train with the U18s, why would he sign a new deal at Wednesday?