BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

13 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Like George Hirst my dad played for Wednesday, nowhere near the hero status that David Hirst got. Like George Hirst I was brought up a Wednesdayite & like George Hirst I dreamt of playing for Wednesday but while the blue & white blood was passed on by my dad the footballing ability wasn't. 

If I'd had the fortune to have the ability & get to George's position I can tell you now without a shadow of a doubt that I would have signed any professional contract with the club never mind one better than any of his piers. The pride & the excitement of achieving my boyhood dream & seeing the pride in my dad's eyes would far outway any monetary concerns.

I'm sorry but when George Hirst said I'm a Wednesdayite & all I want to do is play for Wednesday he's taking the pi$$. A true blooded Wednesdayite living the dream wouldn't do what he's done.

Be grateful your dad wasn't David Hirst.

It will soon be forgotten, GH has achieved no more in the first team than Bothroyd, and will be remembered just as fondly.

3 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

5 mill?? We got offered peanuts around £1 mill for a young promising player who had been scoring for fun in the youth teams and England. Dam right we rejected it.

And if we'd accepted it the chairman would have got hammered for letting 'the best prospect in years'  go.

Yer can't win in the situations.

It's just a tear jerker that after all the pining, and writing of poetry the promise of a fairytale wedding she's left now and another fella is giving her one reight up the ricker. 

Bad times. 

• Like 2

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

20 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Can understand that they’re on bad terms with Chansiri, but the fact that young Hirst has done this to his team mates, coaches and fans that have been supporting him through the years really speaks volumes of his character. 

As for his dad who’s been affiliated with this club for the best part of thirty years. A hero. A legend. And such a little man. 

It wouldn't hurt  David to come out and put the record straight from there point of view seeing as the Hirst's are getting such a slagging, but obviously that won't happen so for a lot of Wednesdsyites, me included, he's gone down a notch or two in my book 

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

jeez didn't see that one coming …..it's a clever move by Leicester .  

Certainly is. 

It's almost as if it's been the plan all along after an early tapping up and a bid that was obviously going to be rejected but which would cast Wednesday in a bad light and make it look like the foxes had done everything above board. 

Or sumat. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 minute ago, DEH9 said:

Certainly is. 

It's almost as if it's been the plan all along after an early tapping up and a bid that was obviously going to be rejected but which would cast Wednesday in a bad light and make it look like the foxes had done everything above board. 

Or sumat. 

does makes you wonder if chansiri had wind of this from the off and that's the reason for the bad blood that's gone on all year …..guess we'll never know .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cs462772 said:

I don’t like what has happened but Horst is free to sign for who he wants.

Is he German? I say we get him in. We're one down in the striking department now.

Edited by DEH9
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Quist said:

Actually think this shows Hirst is not as good as many of us thought. Obviously no good offers have come in from the big clubs and is going to be playing in very poor league which is probably at best league 2 level. It is clear whatever happened increased bad feeling to a level that would not heal. If fails in that league career over.

With regard to using a foreign club in same ownership to circumvent rules I do not think this would go unnoticed and sure their would be some sort of punishment.

Very sad situation and a lesson to others who refuse reasonable offers.

Fair points

49 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Can understand that they’re on bad terms with Chansiri, but the fact that young Hirst has done this to his team mates, coaches and fans that have been supporting him through the years really speaks volumes of his character.

And what about the man who stopped young Hirst training with his team mates or playing football?

7 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Our best young prospect in a generation and he leaves us for nothing.  Well played Chansiri.

A player wants to leave, his advisors have put in place an exit strategy and you blame Chansiri, what exactly could he have done?

Paid the player unlimited amounts?  Let him dictate where and when he plays?  

How would you persuade a player who doesn't want to stay to stay?  I bet you couldn't do it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, torryowl said:

does makes you wonder if chansiri had wind of this from the off and that's the reason for the bad blood that's gone on all year …..guess we'll never know .

There's been been a bloke on this forum telling us for a year that he heard from Hirst snr first hand the kid wouldn't be signing whatever we offered. 

Can't remember the posters name.