Rhodes to Norwich

Needs it's own thread.

How much do you reckon we would get for him? 

Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes is interested in signing for Norwich City this summer.

Norwich are interested in signing Rhodes as they look to strengthen their attacking options.

According to BBC Norfolk journalist Rob Butler, there is interest from Rhodes to make the switch to East Anglia.

The club announced the departure of James Maddison earlier this week, as he joined Leicester for a club-record £25m.

Rhodes has been linked to Norwich a number of times in the past, dating all the way to when he was at Huddersfield in 2012.

Gareth Copley/Getty Images SportGareth Copley/Getty Images Sport

The striker joined Sheffield Wednesday permanently last summer after a loan spell at the club, but now looks set to leave as the Yorkshire set look to cut their costs.

Rhodes made a name for himself at Blackburn, where he scored 83 goals in 159 Championship appearances.

Norwich are hoping to land Rhodes for a reduced price, though they could struggle to fit his wages into the structure currently in place. 

It's a loan.

It would make no sense at all to sell him due to FFP. Hopefully we get a decent % out of Norwich for his wages.

Would love to have seen Rhodes do well at Hillsborough, sadly it has not been the case and his spell at Boro seems to have really weighed heavy on him and I do not think any club will see the best of Rhodes again, he seemed to have his peak at Huddersfield and Blackburn. He had plenty of opportunities in his first 6 months with us and it never looked quite right, since then he has been kept out the side by two strikers who have taken their chances when they came and as a professional I would imagine it is hard to argue with that.  

Shame, but if we are to see the back of him this summer I like most would wish him well as by all accounts he has been brilliant with our fans since moving here and by his own admission he was desperate to play for this football club, a move at this point is best for all involved. One of football's good guys but sadly the chase to get him was far more exciting than the end product. 

Sell, if possible and take the loss of 4-5 Mill and learn from the lesson Mr C do not try to buy players just to please us fans with the name. 

It’s a loan. Full transfer not being discussed for this season. Although I’d imagine there will be a buy price at the end of the season.

Wages are agreed, the only thing holding it up is the loan fee, and how/when it’s paid. With Maddison all but gone with lots of up front cash I can’t see it being an issue.

• Thanks 1

I will drive him there myself if we receive 5/6 million. He seems like a good pro but his type of striker is dying out. It just hasn't worked. I really hope we give winnal a chance next season. Joao, dave, winnal and fessi. Try and move on Fletcher on a loan maybe 

6 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

I will drive him there myself if we receive 5/6 million. He seems like a good pro but his type of striker is dying out. It just hasn't worked. I really hope we give winnal a chance next season. Joao, dave, winnal and fessi. Try and move on Fletcher on a loan maybe 

And what about Hooper?

• Like 1

Guest Ash76
7 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

You just know what will happen if/when he goes there don't you!!!

Yes, every time he scores there’ll be a post on here about it 

Expect it would be a loan with an option to buy, as a loan would suit both parties. As to future fee, if we can get anywhere near £5-6m we will have done well.

It's a shame, he seems a nice bloke, team player and wish it could have worked out for him.