WORLD CUP 2018 - Matchday Thread

1 hour ago, Charlie Chuck said:

Fantastic World Cup.

Its the 11th World Cup I've watched and it's by far the best.

The only people not enjoying it probably are the press (gutter and tabloid) and the politicians who were all telling us that it would be full of hooliganism, racism, unwelcoming anti-western natives. Just shows what bull we are fed on a daily basis.

The Russians have nailed it and shown the world how to run a tournament.

Entertainment wise its been superb but I think it's lacked a bit of quality of previous World Cups.

38 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

So right now the teams stopping England getting to the final are...

Colombia

Switzerland

Sweden

Russia 

Croatia 

Denmark 

Interesting 

Yep

We would have taken that if offered at the start.

It also gives us a chance to find out if we are any good. If we perform we have a chance to do well

• Like 1

Croatia  1-1  Denmark ... Fairly dull game that didn't live up to it's blistering start

Croatia have the better players, but only showed up in patches

Denmark looked stronger and more organized, but rarely threatened

I was just hoping for anything that might spare us from extra time - no such luck

But then, 115th minute, a Danish foul prevents an open goal and the penalty is saved

More drama in the shoot-out but it seemed only fair that Croatia progressed

Although, as we all know only too well, penalties are a lousy way to lose

13 hours ago, Charlie Chuck said:

Fantastic World Cup.

Its the 11th World Cup I've watched and it's by far the best.

The only people not enjoying it probably are the press (gutter and tabloid) and the politicians who were all telling us that it would be full of hooliganism, racism, unwelcoming anti-western natives. Just shows what bull we are fed on a daily basis.

The Russians have nailed it and shown the world how to run a tournament.

I think it's time you updated your Avatar mate ...

One of my comedy Heros /favorite is Charlie ...

Heady days of the James Whale Radio show ...

Charlie- Boothby Graffoe and the delightful Linda Nolan 

896776649.jpg

Charlie

downloadfile.jpg.c4f2d9aa68fe028f068f25238538021e.jpg

Boothby ..

hqdefault.jpg.7d57a1d80d2d2a13943da48f09ac6984.jpg

Linda & Bernard too !!

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1

Brazil  2-0  Mexico ... The day may come again when I watch Brazil in action and feel privileged at the final whistle

Of witnessing players gifted with unique talents, the likes of which only come around perhaps once in a generation

Talents blessed with the ability to entertain and astound in equal measure

Or individuals capable of lighting up a packed stadium and winning a tight game single-handed

aragorn.jpg

Instead I feel as though I've been subjected to yet another pitiable, embarrassing display based around over-reaction

and geared towards influencing the officials and earning every unfair advantage that's going

*To his fans, teammates and coaching staff, he's a legend

To me, he's just a mardy piece of work who gives sportsmen everwhere a bad name

Just a shame Mexico didn't have sufficient quality in the side to send him packing

*Just to clear up any misunderstanding - I really f'kin hate Neymar  :angry:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Brazil  2-0  Mexico ... The day may come again when I watch Brazil in action and feel privileged at the final whistle

Of witnessing players gifted with unique talents, the likes of which only come around perhaps once in a generation

Talents blessed with the ability to entertain and astound in equal measure

Or individuals capable of lighting up a packed stadium and winning a tight game single-handed

aragorn.jpg

Instead I feel as though I've been subjected to yet another pitiable, embarrassing display based around over-reaction

and geared towards influencing the officials and earning every unfair advantage that's going

*To his fans, teammates and coaching staff, he's a legend

To me, he's just a mardy piece of work who gives sportsmen everwhere a bad name

Just a shame Mexico didn't have sufficient quality in the side to send him packing

*Just to clear up any misunderstanding - I really f'kin hate Neymar  :angry:

Get the feeling they have found eleven good players, told them a vague plan of what to do and then let them get on with it.