According to reports in Portugal...

This has coe about because our CEO attended a football match in Portugal. She was there as part of EFl conference which was taking place. I suppose good to see her watching football. It no eans indicate we will be buying someone as she is not employed as talent scout. We have continually snooped around Portugal for last few years and the Portugese press assume we will continue to do so.

This player is completely unsiuitable to Championship football looking at his laying stats and ratings where a far more dynamic player is required. This is just another agency driven story trying to offload inadequate players onto us.

8 minutes ago, Quist said:

This has coe about because our CEO attended a football match in Portugal. She was there as part of EFl conference which was taking place. I suppose good to see her watching football. It no eans indicate we will be buying someone as she is not employed as talent scout. We have continually snooped around Portugal for last few years and the Portugese press assume we will continue to do so.

This player is completely unsiuitable to Championship football looking at his laying stats and ratings where a far more dynamic player is required. This is just another agency driven story trying to offload inadequate players onto us.

Agree.

Carolyn Radford on holiday with her husband in Portugal meets Katrein Meire, journo's couldn't say Mansfield were after Amaral so we were the next best target.

He's lightning quick, tricky and will fit nicely into the 3-4-3 system we will look to adopt. 

On paper, looks to be a pretty exciting signing. With Forestieri, Matias, Joao and Amaral competing for the wide forward options, we certainly won't lack pace, creativity or a goal threat from those wide areas. 

But I've reservations because of where he's coming from. Stinks of the input from Chansiri's advisors responsible for the last two years of awful recruitment. 

5 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Possibly because they are current World Champions?

Anyway, from the clips he looks to me more of a replacement and certainly improvement on Wallace. He can play outside on the right or left, appears quite speedy, and has the advantage of being able to use either foot, something woefully lacking in Wallace, who's right foot was simply for standing on/walking etc. He can also head a ball down. Looks a useful addition were it to come about.

European champions. Not that we can buy any of their internationals in any case so why is that relevant.

I would point to our previous record in recent years where it’s been clear there is a need for a lot of time to adapt. We don’t have the kind of money we did previously where we could go and get another player in if they weren’t doing it, so that’s why I’m asking. 

22 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Why are we still shopping in Portugal?

9 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Possibly because they are current World Champions?

Anyway, from the clips he looks to me more of a replacement and certainly improvement on Wallace. He can play outside on the right or left, appears quite speedy, and has the advantage of being able to use either foot, something woefully lacking in Wallace, who's right foot was simply for standing on/walking etc. He can also head a ball down. Looks a useful addition were it to come about.

:huh:

6 hours ago, Quist said:

Your M's not working.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Quist said:

How can you tell a dynamic player from a none dynamic player?

Would you regard yourself as a dynamic word speller or a none dynamic word speller?

4 minutes ago, Watson said:

How can you tell a dynamic player from a none dynamic player?

Would you regard yourself as a dynamic word speller or a none dynamic word speller?

Cos his m's not working.

• Haha 1

On 13/06/2018 at 10:45, richowl said:

What’s your thoughts on Hutchinson?

hes played about 130 games in his career!

Same m8,another great player at thiis level but we cant have sentiment and carry players who are only fit for 50% of the season when we want to push for promotion..Hard as it may seem we either get rid of some crocks or stay in the championship..If both were gaurenteed to be fit/injury free then couple of first names on team sheet...uto ftb...