What other pre-season friendlies should we do?

12 hours ago, james o connor said:

If we play alfreton like previous years I’ll go, as it’s just down the road from me. York away might convince me as it’s a cracking day out in the sun . Anything else I’m not remotely bothered about . 

Alfreton have announced a full list of friendlies but we're not on it. 

Blackpool away has always been a favourite of mine but it’s nice in my opinion to see a bit of a traditional pre season programme, I’ve never been a fan of mad tours to some foreign country and maybe it does distract like Jos is saying

Let’s not forget this is a man who’s still new to the country, not a bad shout in my opinion that he’s staying here and getting a few games in against some traditional English teams 

Doncaster Rovers away, a home game against Huddersfield and Burnley. The two home fixtures would be tough and stern examinations of our side against different styles but 100% committed opponents.

2 hours ago, Libertine said:

Hamburg at home. 

Sheffield FC away 

Went to Gladbach v Hamburg game when in army and stood in away end with Hamburg fans. Good lot and a cracking game 88/89. Used to alternate between home and away ends depending on who Gladach were playing. Found an Irish bar in town for pre mach drinks too.

1 minute ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Burnley playing Preston at Deepdale.

I did not check what other games teams had. Burnley have a game in July in Europe so thought they would not travel far and have to have couple of warm up games prior to this that is why selected them. Also thought type of stern test we need.

Would like one overseas fixture, somewhere easy like Ajax or St Ettiene  (always liked this name from old UEFA cup games when I was a lad) just sounded exotic, at the time we were playing the likes of Wrexham, Darlington and such, European games were a dream, hang on still are.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/june/academy-pre-season-schedules/

Full list of pre season friendlies have been announced for academy, I expect full list for first team friendlies to be announced by end of week.

U23s

Hallam FC (a) | 10 July | (7.30pm)

Leicester City (a) | 20 July | (11.00am)

Frickley Athletic (a) | 27 July | (7.00pm)

Boston United (a) | 31 July | (7.00pm)

Corby Town (a) | 3 August | (7.00pm)

Derby County (a) | 7 August | (12 noon)

U18s

Portugal | 8 July – 21 July

Preston (a) | 25 July | (12 noon)

Scunthorpe (a) | 28 July | (11.00am)

Sunderland (a) | 1 August | (1.00pm)

Stocksbridge (a) | 4 August | (TBC)

• Thanks 1