It's all very quiet at Hillsborough

4 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

A weak solution of washing up liquid in water... spray your roses with that.

Gior...we all know it never works, another fkn PC conspiracy. He needs summat with strong chemicals in it...get the job done properly.....and a large serving of slug pellets on the side. UTO.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrsHall said:

Gior...we all know it never works, another fkn PC conspiracy. He needs summat with strong chemicals in it...get the job done properly.....and a large serving of slug pellets on the side. UTO.

Does Homebase sell DDT? I’d give that a try.

9 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Quite worrying lack of activity at Hillsborough. Never mind the sign falling down, this is usually the busiest time of the year for the ground staff, preparing the pitch for the new season. Our Desso pitch was easily in its worst state since it was laid at the end of the season (I posted photos a couple of months ago). So the expectation is that there would be some quite frantic work carrying out repairs and over seeding with a loam mix. The Desso site quite clearly lists the work which should be done in the close season.

And yet, nothing is happening. For the first time I can remember in the summer, no loam has been delivered, no repairs have been made, the pitch doesn't look as though anything is being done. The goalposts are still up, the nets are still on, the remains of markings are still there. Looks as though the plug has been pulled on expenditure.

At this rate, we will start the season with the worst pitch in the Championship. Is anyone worried?

The pitch is available for hire until June 6th https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/come-and-play-at-hillsborough/ hence why it's not been re-seeded yet.

I presume it will be done after the 6th June. With Desso they only need to remove the top layer and re-seed which takes around 3-5 weeks max.

Season starts August 5th which means 2 months of growth. Plenty of time.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Quite worrying lack of activity at Hillsborough. Never mind the sign falling down, this is usually the busiest time of the year for the ground staff, preparing the pitch for the new season. Our Desso pitch was easily in its worst state since it was laid at the end of the season (I posted photos a couple of months ago). So the expectation is that there would be some quite frantic work carrying out repairs and over seeding with a loam mix. The Desso site quite clearly lists the work which should be done in the close season.

And yet, nothing is happening. For the first time I can remember in the summer, no loam has been delivered, no repairs have been made, the pitch doesn't look as though anything is being done. The goalposts are still up, the nets are still on, the remains of markings are still there. Looks as though the plug has been pulled on expenditure.

At this rate, we will start the season with the worst pitch in the Championship. Is anyone worried?

Have a bath and relax.  

dog-bath.gif.ea81dbd56b00632f7770d4a1629ac274.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Sorry if you took offence by my jovial quote Andrew ?

It's wasn't meant as a slur on your professional knowledge ..

What's the best way to deal with Welsh chafer grub 

found one eating my cornflower roots the other day ..

my grass is ok though ....

Earwigs.

But be careful only to use one at a time, as they have a tendency to eat each other if grubs run out.

10 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Stop fretting.

work on the pitch is planned.

4 hours ago, Greengrass said:

As this is now the gardening section thread, 3 questions.

1) at what age is it acceptable for an adult to go to a garden centre ?

2) why do people grow marrows ?

3) is it possible to die in a greenhouse ?

1) When other people nod in agreement with your selection.

2) inferiority complex.

3) Ask my fooookking tomatoes.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Greengrass said:

As this is now the gardening section thread, 3 questions.

1) at what age is it acceptable for an adult to go to a garden centre ?

2) why do people grow marrows ?

3) is it possible to die in a greenhouse ?

1) Monday to Friday it appears there's a minimum age limit of 60 years. Rules are more relaxed at weekends.

2) Small knob or erectile dysfunction issues.

3) Yes, if I catch the neighbours cat sh1tting in there again he's a gonner.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Good grief, this should have gone in "theowlsman's" anything to moan about thread............ FFS! 

I said the same. My post was removed.

Luckily, it gave me something to moan about lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

About you? Yes!

I wish more people would discuss the topics instead of just piling into the person who posted them

Maybe I should get the moderators to just delete those kind of comments and the accounts of those who just pile into others?

Owlstalk should be a friendly all inclusive welcoming space on the internet and not just people trying to score points against fellow fans or tear em a new one

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

See the source image

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish more people would discuss the topics instead of just piling into the person who posted them

Maybe I should get the moderators to just delete those kind of comments and the accounts of those who just pile into others?

Owlstalk should be a friendly all inclusive welcoming space on the internet and not just people trying to score points against fellow fans or tear em a new one

The topic should have ended after about post number 3 when Titchmarsh was proved wrong as it was confirmed that the pitch is still in use and that the new pitch only needs around 5 weeks of treatment in pre-season.

Surely we don't all have to hold hands an play nicely with one another, it is possible to have a laugh when someone posts something with such detail but little or no factual basis? 

It's not as if this thread has got abusive is it? It's all pretty light hearted stuff. Read you giving people more stick in the past for a questionable taste in music!