Rhodes to Rangers

18 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

I might be in an ever growing minority here but I want Rhodes to stay.

Any manager that can get Nuhiu scoring on a regular basis must be able to do the same with the previously prolific Rhodes. 

Nobody (including me who has always been a fan) could have predicted Nuhius run of form.  Confidence is a huge factor in football.  In the right team and formation Rhodes (and Matias, come to that) can be real assets next season. A proper pre-season, improved fitness levels and, most important, a racing start could do wonders.

I suppose if they can afford him he should go seeing as he is the least effective of our strikers. But if he fails there  (lot of pressure at such a big club) then his resale value will be even less than it is now. He needs to go to the Championship IMO and preferably one that plays attacking football.

Edited by vulture_squadron

3 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Nobody (including me who has always been a fan) could have predicted Nuhius run of form.  Confidence is a huge factor in football.  In the right team and formation Rhodes (and Matias, come to that) can be real assets next season. A proper pre-season, improved fitness levels and, most important, a racing start could do wonders.

your right in what you say but to get  confidence up they  need to get into the side and I cant see how either of them can unless we have another injury crisis . 

15 hours ago, Owl.1867 said:

They couldn't afford him to pull pints in the stands.

I thought the same but I see the press over the weekend said Rangers are one of the few teams who could afford his wages as Gerrard will be given a decent budget, so who’s knows

8 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I thought the same but I see the press over the weekend said Rangers are one of the few teams who could afford his wages as Gerrard will be given a decent budget, so who’s knows

The press have been saying Rangers have loads of money ever since they were formed. Funnily enough it's never materialised.

I always thought that one of Lukuhay's main tasks when he first took over from Carlos was getting more out of Jordan Rhodes but it was Nuhiu and Joao who benifitted more from Lukuhay's arrival, so much so they could quite easily be the first choice front two next season.

The Rhodes signing should've been the signing that took us over the line as far as getting promoted to the premier league was concerned but unfortunately it's turned more into a financial millstone around our neck, which is a real shame. I've not been as critical as some with regards to our recruitment but in truth neither Rhodes or Winnall were needed and we're stuck with two players who I suspect will never cut it here?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Look at these dynamics.

If he joins Norwich, we'll have 3m for the loan fee. he can take points off our rivals. Norwich will be significantly weaker when playing us, we have potential to take 6 points off them.

If he joins Rangers, then we should ask for a 4m loan fee, he'll score afew goals but that's about it. 

We gain alot more keeping him closer to home.

Guest Arcadianrocket
6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

That will be us next season.:luhukay:

Do you still see Jordan Rhodes proving everyone wrong out of interest old chap?

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Look at these dynamics.

If he joins Norwich, we'll have 3m for the loan fee. he can take points off our rivals. Norwich will be significantly weaker when playing us, we have potential to take 6 points off them.

If he joins Rangers, then we should ask for a 4m loan fee, he'll score afew goals but that's about it. 

We gain alot more keeping him closer to home.

He won't be taking points off anyone cos he can't hit a cows arris with a banjo.

Honestly Stevie May was better than Rhodes at least he would have the nuts to take a penalty 

42 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

He won't be taking points off anyone cos he can't hit a cows arris with a banjo.

Honestly Stevie May was better than Rhodes at least he would have the nuts to take a penalty 

Different systems suit different players. He could go to Norwich with zero pressure and bag 25 goals. Anything can happen in football.

We never thought we'd sign him, shame we have an aging squad and fractured friendships.

Bannans hardly gonna supply him, keeping his best mate Fletcher out.

Forestieri's hardly gonna supply him, keeping his best mate Nuhiu out.

Winnall and Rhodes are two complete outsiders in our squad. 

Hopefully Jos can bring some unity and togetherness.

We have to shift players out, before we can bring players in There is an interest in Jordan Rhodes, who will be well down the pecking order here when everybody is fit, so move him out  If Rangers can stump up enough of his wages, it could be a good move for all

It would be a good move for Rhodes, he can regain his confidence by filling his boots against all those Scottish no marks

Were he to do well for Rangers, they are enough of a high profile club, for his exploits to even boost his value A win win situation, or rather, the best we can hope for at the moment

Edited by gurujuan

I think the system to suit Jordan Rhodes would be supplying him chances two yards out 10 times a game.  He seemed to miss an awful lot of sitters last season for a 10m man....

Blackburn perhaps had the system with Gestede and others doing the dirty work but tbh I think JR physical attributes/ confidence have also diminished since then.

Hopefully Stevie G will do us a favour and we never have to speak about him again

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Rangers will barely be able to stump up his wages, letalone a loan fee.

Rhodes go on loan to a mid table championship team next season. Forest, Qpr, Reading seem to fit the bill.

Maybe, but if he goes to a championship rival, I’d prefer it was a permanent deal

Its not because I’m worried about him coming back to haunt us, I’m not

Quite the opposite in fact Personally, I don’t feel his struggles in the championship are just related to us, and a move to a rival is likely to be equally unproductive So if that’s the case, his stock will fall even further

Better that we arrange a permanent departure now, rather than watch his value decrease Perhaps a swap deal with one of these interested clubs