Rhodes to Rangers

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

My understanding is that any loan fee usually incorporated wages. IMO in the case of Rhodes the very best we could expect would be his wages in full for the duration of a season or half season loan e.g.

17 weeks x £35000  = £595k for half season loan

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe, but if he goes to a championship rival, I’d prefer it was a permanent deal

Its not because I’m worried about him coming back to haunt us, I’m not

Quite the opposite in fact Personally, I don’t feel his struggles in the championship are just related to us, and a move to a rival is likely to be equally unproductive So if that’s the case, his stock will fall even further

Better that we arrange a permanent departure now, rather than watch his value decrease Perhaps a swap deal with one of these interested clubs

Also in Scotland for Rangers its not inconceivable that he'd score a bucket load which might positively impact on his value. Other posters have also indicated that selling him at a loss would impact negatively in terms of FFP as the loss would be totally absorbed in next years accounts.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:51, striker said:

Be a good move, Rangers seem to have found some money from somewhere so could be a realistic move?

Great for us, saves his wages and if he bangs in 30 goals we might just be able to recoup our money in a transfer fee?

So IF he goes out on loan, and IF he scores thirty goals in the coming season, you think we should sell him?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

So IF he goes out on loan, and IF he scores thirty goals in the coming season, you think we should sell him?

If he scored them in Scotland and we had the chance to recoup a big chunk of his fee as well as saving his wages I think it would be prudent to sell; not without some regrets but for the best.

22 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

My understanding is that any loan fee usually incorporated wages. IMO in the case of Rhodes the very best we could expect would be his wages in full for the duration of a season or half season loan e.g.

17 weeks x £35000  = £595k for half season loan

There are a few permutations, ranging from free to wages plus a fee.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
40 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

There are a few permutations, ranging from free to wages plus a fee.

Fair enough. I think we'd have swum the channel just getting his wages covered though.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe, but if he goes to a championship rival, I’d prefer it was a permanent deal

Its not because I’m worried about him coming back to haunt us, I’m not

Quite the opposite in fact Personally, I don’t feel his struggles in the championship are just related to us, and a move to a rival is likely to be equally unproductive So if that’s the case, his stock will fall even further

Better that we arrange a permanent departure now, rather than watch his value decrease Perhaps a swap deal with one of these interested clubs

Selling Rhodes now does not help us financially so a loan deal with as much of his wages paid as possible is our only alternative at the moment if we ain't going to play him.

16 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Selling Rhodes now does not help us financially so a loan deal with as much of his wages paid as possible is our only alternative at the moment if we ain't going to play him.

A swap deal might be better, as we might get all his wages off the books If we could get a player of equivilent value in return 

Whatever happens, it will need a bit of creativity to sort this situation out

Just now, gurujuan said:

A swap deal might be better, as we might get all his wages off the books If we could get a player of equivilent value in return 

Whatever happens, it will need a bit of creativity to sort this situation out

Just don't ask Derby who they have available!!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Been a big fan of Rhodes, would love him to succeed but doesn't seem to suit the way we play and Jos seems to favour others over him.

Would I love to keep him and see him score goals for us, absolutely...but I think our manager has other ideas and for the sake of FFP may be a sacrificial pawn to better the squad.

Edited by striker
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, striker said:

Been a big fan of Rhodes, would love him to succeed but doesn't seem to suit the way we play and Jos seems to favour others over him.

Would I love to keep him and see him score goals for us, absolutely...but I think our manager has other ideas and for the sake of FFP may be a sacrificial pawn to better the squad.

Sacrificial prawn? 

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 09:27, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

If he scored them in Scotland and we had the chance to recoup a big chunk of his fee as well as saving his wages I think it would be prudent to sell; not without some regrets but for the best.

So if you think scoring 30 in Scotland isn't the same as scoring in England, do you not think potential managers will think the same? And rangers cant afford him.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

So if you think scoring 30 in Scotland isn't the same as scoring in England, do you not think potential managers will think the same? And rangers cant afford him.

I  ( and you) did say IF...... though I think it would be easier for him in Scotland yes.

Managers might well think the same; yes. Then again someone might be encouraged by him rediscovering his touch over the border and might be tempted to take a punt at the right price taking into account his previous record in England. In that instance cutting our losses MIGHT be considered prudent which was the key question you posed.

Irrelevant I agree though if Rangers can't afford him.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

1 hour ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Hooper scored a bucket load in Scotland which led to a 5.5million fee agreed with Norwich. At the time (2013) that was quite a large sum.

Scotland would be a good destination for Rhodes and for us. Hopefully, he'd pick up his goalscoring and confidence which could lead to us recouping some of the fee paid.