Rhodes to Rangers

On 26/05/2018 at 13:58, Owl999 said:

Absolute joke if he does .

Why?? 

We've treat him him like poo!! One week he scores the next he’s on the bench...IMO Rhodes is the best striker at the club...and his record says he is!! But we don’t play to his strengths and there’s no point playing him.

proof...the last 3 years we have slaged n knocked nuhiu but with an arm around him and a bit of belief, he’s come good. Rhodes is no different!!

you don’t score 1 in 2 for 8 years and become a bad striker. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, darra said:

He's not on 50k here. When he joined it was reported in the local media that he had taken an approximately 50% cut in his 60k/week at Boro. 

Everybody has pretty much put paid to this guys figures for wages paid,it hasn't/won't make a difference,quite why he feels the need to peddle his cack/agenda is beyond me................hey ho !

Guest Theboylangers

I might be in an ever growing minority here but I want Rhodes to stay.

Any manager that can get Nuhiu scoring on a regular basis must be able to do the same with the previously prolific Rhodes. 

Give him a chance here til January at least. See what he can do with a good pre-season and a team high in confidence, not to mention a coach that might actually have the ability to get a tune out of him. If he still ain't doing it by then maybe we can take advantage of someone's desperate need for a goal scorer, his name alone is still worth a few million.

10 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

I might be in an ever growing minority here but I want Rhodes to stay.

Any manager that can get Nuhiu scoring on a regular basis must be able to do the same with the previously prolific Rhodes. 

IF hoopers fit to play, then i'd let him out on a month by month loan deal to a non championship side.

All the while Rhodes is hanging around here, he confuses the issue He doesn’t fit either of the ways we play, and the resources would be better spent on similar style cover for the strikers we have 

17 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Rangers would struggle in league 2. They are a terrible team. Rhodes may do well in a league such as the Scottish Premier. I can't see him taking a massive pay cut as he's got three more years here at 50 grand a week. Which lunatic negotiated that deal? 

Rangers may be terrible but they took us apart just over a year ago. That's how bad we are. 

Rhodes won't take a pay cut. Why should he. And he may have to put some effort in if he moves. Rhodes can stay here and do nothing and still get even richer. 

Why is this liar allowed to post his continuous drivel.

19 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Why?? 

We've treat him him like poo!! One week he scores the next he’s on the bench...IMO Rhodes is the best striker at the club...and his record says he is!! But we don’t play to his strengths and there’s no point playing him.

proof...the last 3 years we have slaged n knocked nuhiu but with an arm around him and a bit of belief, he’s come good. Rhodes is no different!!

An absolute joke for all the reasons you have stated .

19 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Why?? 

Don't you think no one has put an arm around him?  Surely that has been tried.  In many a game, I saw the ball been crossed, passed into the box and Rhodes was nowhere to be seen.  He's obviously going through a bad patch and sometimes there is no obvious reason why this should be so.  He appears fit enough so maybe its something more mental.

Like you say you don't score that many goals and become a bad striker, might have to be more patient with him as I'm confident that he has much to offer.