Robert Snodgrass - Winning Mentality

Guest Arcadianrocket

13 hours ago, Arcadianrocket said:

I didn't realize the hate for him, I know he gave us a bit of banter at the game but he received enough.

When has he cheated? I know he goes over a bit easy but what player doesn't these days,

I think the article he wrote about forestieri veing a diver just before the play off final was a touch ironic. 

30 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Snodgrass.

"Warrior"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know. 

Apparently, people who dive about the place and feign injury are warriors. 

Can't remember the likes of Keane, Viera etc doing that. 

16 hours ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Absolute warrior in the two playoff games. Never stops running, outs himself into all sorts of challenges and has excellent quality at this level. He really does have a strong winning mentality as we also saw when they beat us 4-2.

For me he is one player I can't believe we didn't go for. Instead we signed players who in my opinion do not and did not have the same mentality as Snodgrass or will to win a game of football.

I guess my point is we need to look at this when signing players. We need players like Snodgrass, who will always give you at least a 7/10, who when they are not playing well can still put a shift in. That is what gets you out this league.

How many players currently do we have with a strong winning mentality imo? We have Westwood, Lees, Pudil, Hutchinson, FF and Adthe with these attributes. We need a few more.......

Complete thunderc*unt. 

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I know. 

Apparently, people who dive about the place and feign injury are warriors. 

Can't remember the likes of Keane, Viera etc doing that. 

History would have taken a different turn for the Scots had they gone into the battle of Bannockburn with Warriors like Snodgrass. 

Just now, helmut_rooster said:

article-2323326-19BD746D000005DC-543_634x404.jpg

C6_kJGuWgAE1AdZ.jpg

knockaert]-399437.jpg

sketch-1526475817114.png

Thanks for that!. Wow just looking at that makes me rage. Last season he nearly caused a riot when he scored against us and mocked us in front of the Kop. I'm not sure there has ever been a bigger tail end in the game if i'm honest. 

We do need some mentally tougher players.

We are good when confidence is high but sometimes it gets knocked easily.

We completely bottled the first Derby . Got muscled out of the playoff final with many of the same players.

We have players with the ability like FF ,João, reach, bannan but are still missing a couple of seen it done it types.

Hutch is one but I don't know how much will see him next season.

But I trust Jos to get the right players in.

4 minutes ago, Eightace said:

We do need some mentally tougher players.

We are good when confidence is high but sometimes it gets knocked easily.

We completely bottled the first Derby . Got muscled out of the playoff final with many of the same players.

We have players with the ability like FF ,João, reach, bannan but are still missing a couple of seen it done it types.

Hutch is one but I don't know how much will see him next season.

But I trust Jos to get the right players in.

we didn't "bottle" the derby we just didn't play very well and gave them all 4 goals .....

1 minute ago, outlaw pete said:

Snotty spends more times diving than Tom Daley, lets hope he is back at Hillsbrough next season.

He's a West Ham player.. so it's not very likely. I don't imagine he'll be hugely fussed whether Villa go up or not, he's unlikely to be there next season, especially if they don't win the final.

Just now, cookeh said:

He's a West Ham player.. so it's not very likely. I don't imagine he'll be hugely fussed whether Villa go up or not, he's unlikely to be there next season, especially if they don't win the final.

You are right, Moyes left West Ham today so Snodgrass could end up any where..

But do we care.

Guest Arcadianrocket
3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think the article he wrote about forestieri veing a diver just before the play off final was a touch ironic. 

Like FF though he is always getting stuck in, working hard for the team whilst having the quality to win a game. His work rate in both playoff games stood out. He makes a meal out of some challenges yes but he is not one to hide.

20 hours ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Absolute warrior in the two playoff games. Never stops running, outs himself into all sorts of challenges and has excellent quality at this level. He really does have a strong winning mentality as we also saw when they beat us 4-2.

For me he is one player I can't believe we didn't go for. Instead we signed players who in my opinion do not and did not have the same mentality as Snodgrass or will to win a game of football.

I guess my point is we need to look at this when signing players. We need players like Snodgrass, who will always give you at least a 7/10, who when they are not playing well can still put a shift in. That is what gets you out this league.

How many players currently do we have with a strong winning mentality imo? We have Westwood, Lees, Pudil, Hutchinson, FF and Adthe with these attributes. We need a few more.......

What happens to his mentality in the premier league then? Because he loses most week when he plays in that.

Guest Arcadianrocket
21 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

What happens to his mentality in the premier league then? Because he loses most week when he plays in that.

Can still have a winning mentality and lose.