Have we forgotten Gary hooper???

Would move him on as well.

As has been said. top player on his day, but he's really not fit enough to be relied upon. I'd rather we built a partnership that will last the whole season, instead of having to form several partnerships because hooper could drop out at any second. The money from selling him would be very welcome as well.

Guest Arcadianrocket

Now that Atdhe and Joao have stepped up to the plate, it might be easier to Keep Hooper fit, as it will be less urgent to play him all the time. You certainly want Hooper starting the most important games. Would imagine Joao and Hooper competing to start alongside the big man at moment.

I have come around to the idea FF is better just off the striker or wide.

50 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sell for me.

Injury record is pretty poor for us. Can't be carrying crocks and relying on them for goals. 

He'd ease FFP concerns as clubs would take him.

Class striker on his day but I don't think he can stay fit for a season unfortunately.

The club had also moved on and some players long forgotten/passed over by CC have proved themselves.

Be interesting to see where the longer term injured players fit in.

Wednesday fans saying get rid of Hooper cus we've got Nuhiu........heard it all now

It will be the same fans who loved Carlos and now think hes poo and the ones who were saying Jos Out but now we are going up next season lol

A half fit Hooper walks into our side in front of Nuhiu and Joao (and I like Joao)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Looks like he's sunning it up in Dubai with Joao, Bannan and none other than Chris Maguire.

We should be keeping hold of him, he's our best striker imo.

Bannan in Dubai, bloody hell I hope he took some factor 50 with him lol

Just now, dani_armo said:

Wednesday fans saying get rid of Hooper cus we've got Nuhiu........heard it all now

It will be the same fans who loved Carlos and now think hes poo and the ones who were saying Jos Out but now we are going up next season lol

A half fit Hooper walks into our side in front of Nuhiu and Joao (and I like Joao)

They don't think that he's been out injured most of the season so will probably be worth about 2 bob at the minute. lol

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
19 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Would move him on as well.

As has been said. top player on his day, but he's really not fit enough to be relied upon. I'd rather we built a partnership that will last the whole season, instead of having to form several partnerships because hooper could drop out at any second. The money from selling him would be very welcome as well.

Indeed.

Too many of these "when he's back we'll be fine" players cluttering up the squad for me. 

The ability of Hooper, Hutchinson, Lee etc is never up for debate, excellent players but we can't keep carrying people who miss so many games.  

Stuck with them I fear, but if it's possible to move a few on and clear up the wages, I'd like to think we'd do it. 

1 hour ago, flash said:

A great conundrum to have!

In Atdhe, FF, Joao, Hooper and Fletcher we have a wealth of talent who will thrive if we can guarantee service, something we lacked at times under CC! This also doesn’t include Rhodes! 

Strengthen the spine this summer with a few CBs and a CM, add some more pace down the flanks to compete with Reach/Hunt and we’ll be there or thereabouts! 

Then there's Matias and Winnall. Thats three too many to give them all enough game time to stay sharp and match fit.

Then in central midfield there's Bannan, Pellupessy, Jones, Lee, Hutchinson, and probably Clare and Reach.

Then there's the three keepers.

The squad is bloated and needs thinning out, not only for P&S reasons but just to keep the core of the squad fully involved.

Best natural finisher we have. I’m concerned though by his fitness. Even when he was playing and scoring he didn’t look properly fit to me. Suppose we have Carlos and his pre season holiday camps to thank for that. If we can get him 100% fit and playing for his place then we have a potential championship top scorer on our books.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeakOwl said:

No. 

A fit, lean Hooper would be first choice for me, probably alongside Big Dave and FF with the free role behind.

With Joao to come on when we need to mix things up a little - sounds a good plan, and it may well be but it could be one of those situations (and I never thought I would hear myself saying this) where Big Dave and Joao are the best option and something just clicks when played together.

Sometimes replacing part of a partnership with what it technically a better player doesn't have the desired effect.

Just food for thought. lol

38 minutes ago, Spookone said:

With Joao to come on when we need to mix things up a little - sounds a good plan, and it may well be but it could be one of those situations (and I never thought I would hear myself saying this) where Big Dave and Joao are the best option and something just clicks when played together.

Sometimes replacing part of a partnership with what it technically a better player doesn't have the desired effect.

Just food for thought. lol

Big Dave and Joao are the default starting pair for me when next season kicks off - they've earned that right, I think based on their performances towards the end of last season.

Yes, Hooper is a good player to have at the club, but he needs to improve his work rate massively and also manage to keep fit, something he seems to have found it difficult to do so far.

Hes 30 now and apparently struggled to play a full season in his 20's, but other clubs will know that so doubt we would get a good fee, especially with a big contract expiring next summer.

Cashing in last summer might have been smart in hindsight.

Work rate, injury proneness and fitness may be issues, but could be a great 2nd half option due to his goal threat when fit if we cant get a decent fee.

Nuhiu and joao with ff behind is probably the way to start, unless we get c18m for a 28-29 year old ff of course, whos contract expires in 2 yrs

We'll likely release him next summer unless he proves his worth next season and his wages plummet imo

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Certainly not forgotten him; he should be in the mix at the start of the season and it's up to him to impress Jos in pre season. We all have favourites but Jos will select his opening day line up on what he sees in pre season. I'd be very surprised though if Atdhe isn't a starter come first match.

Guest Maxine

No way have I forgot about Hooper I was having a discussion  yesterday about him someone said we need to get rid of him. He was still our top scorer until very recently despite been injured for ages. I can't wait to see him back next season fit.