Have we forgotten Gary hooper???

Reading numerous threads recently about our strikers and were to play fessi and although Joao and big dave have done great while times were tough with injuries, surely a fit Gary hooper should be r number 1 striker... out for half the season or more and still nearly got our top goalscorer... proven at this level and if we get him back fit for start of next season we would be mad not to start with him... again nothing against big dave and Joao but for me hooper offers guaranteed quality

• Like 4

Agree, when Nuhiu, FF & Hooper played together in Carlos's first season we always looked good. Nuhiu & Hooper have the best link up play of all our strikers.

I also see a lot of people writing Fletcher off who tbf is also a dangerous striker. Scores important goals in big games & for me Hooper & Fletcher are our best partnership with FF behind

Nuhiu scored more goals than Hooper and in fewer minutes.

I've certainly not forgotten about Hooper but I don't think he'll simply walk back into this side because even João's minutes-per-goal stats were almost the same as Hooper's.

Edited by cowl

A great conundrum to have!

In Atdhe, FF, Joao, Hooper and Fletcher we have a wealth of talent who will thrive if we can guarantee service, something we lacked at times under CC! This also doesn’t include Rhodes! 

Strengthen the spine this summer with a few CBs and a CM, add some more pace down the flanks to compete with Reach/Hunt and we’ll be there or thereabouts! 

22 minutes ago, jackiegod said:

Reading numerous threads recently about our strikers and were to play fessi and although Joao and big dave have done great while times were tough with injuries, surely a fit Gary hooper should be r number 1 striker... out for half the season or more and still nearly got our top goalscorer... proven at this level and if we get him back fit for start of next season we would be mad not to start with him... again nothing against big dave and Joao but for me hooper offers guaranteed quality

You said the right words though a fit Gary Hooper, the guy went off with a leg strain and we haven't seen him for 6 months, he has not played 30 games in a season yet for us.

He needs to get fit be available for a full season or we need to seriously look about offloading him and his wages.

When fit he is a goal threat and a good player the problem through out his career is though he is never fit for a whole season, in a career spanning 14 years he has only ever once played more than 40 league games in a season, though for 3 of those years he was playing in the Scottish Pub league Scottish Premiership

32 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sell for me.

Injury record is pretty poor for us. Can't be carrying crocks and relying on them for goals. 

He'd ease FFP concerns as clubs would take him.

Class striker on his day but I don't think he can stay fit for a season unfortunately.

Totally agree 

Technically very good but his work rate lacks behind most of the other players by a long way. 

You could make up for this by building round him-but he’s not good enough to do that and more importantly he’s not around for most of the season to do it 

If we could get a decent fee for him I wouldn’t lose much sleep