The new/old #SWFC badge

When the Chairman decided to change the badge to the more traditional design and take away the simple owl one that we had for a while many people were upset/offended/outraged/furious/beyond angry.

BUT

I have to say the big badge on the South Stand wall as you walk in the entrance looks way way better (quite magnificent really)

AND

I'll be honest. I'm now a convert to this new/old badge design and think it looks more elegant and noble.

This current badge is a bit like the new Arctic Monkeys album. At first it's a right shocker and causes vomiting, but on repeated looks at it is a grower.

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I really don't like our badge I hate that I don't but I don't I want our old badge back. 

I agree I prefer the badge before the latest badge. Can’t really call it the old badge. I guess the current one is the old badge. Bring back the old/new badge lol 

Edited by Sticky belly
  • Haha 1

I like our current badge and the fact that it represents a return to the club's original crest. 

When I was a kid looking through my dad's old programs, I thought it looked really classy compared to the badge I knew, so when we readopted it the other year, I was pleasantly surprised.

1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

I am still torn. A shame we can't use both.

There's no reason why we can't. We presumably still hold the copyright for the 70s Owl.

I've said before, we could/should have merchandise with the two different badges for different products; properly designed - retro et al.

We should use all our history for marketing - be proud of all our 150 years.

The previous one was so iconic and a magnificent piece of branding design, but it always looks and feels so '80s somehow (even though we'd already had it for a decade by then).

My only slight grumble with the new one is that it's always way too big on everything, particularly shirts - looks like a flippin' Christmas card stapled on yer moob

lol

• Haha 1

Guest Ash76
13 minutes ago, Animis said:

I've said before, we could/should have merchandise with the two different badges for different products; properly designed - retro et al.

We already do 

I don't mind the new badge. Looks alright.

Bit of a twatt for young lads to spray paint on a wall though int it. Or sribble on the side of their pencil case.

For that alone the 73-95 badge will never die. It'll live on forever.

• Haha 2