The new/old #SWFC badge

2 hours ago, Samurai Blue said:

If you’d have noted my reasoning then, yeah, it’s totally fit for the modern era. And it’s hardly a student’s scribble.

It was a student who won the competition to design a new badge so yes...a students scribble

Guest Grez Bez

The badge is OK.

BUT.... At a time where retro and minimalist designs are back in fashion it's insane that we swapped. 

We should have changed the badge but only by losing the shield around the Owl

I like both however the old one looked more modern, subtle and was much more iconic. I haven't a issue with the badge as it's basically our original emblem but I am annoyed with the recent home kits, as to me they don't look like the kits they were supposedly based upon. I would much rather see us back in our iconic stripes, apart from a couple of years in the mid 90s and the past couple of seasons, I've always known us to play in blue and white stripes and most fans of other clubs associate us with blue and white stripes.

I like the new badge, but I also like the old one.

I don't see we can't utilise both.  I think the old one in particular lends itself to merchandise.  A subtle old owl on some stuff.  The new badge doesn't lend itself to being small and discreet.  Would allow a broader range of merchandise.  Anything we can do to improve that revenue stream should be looked at.

8 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

The previous one was so iconic and a magnificent piece of branding design, but it always looks and feels so '80s somehow (even though we'd already had it for a decade by then).

My only slight grumble with the new one is that it's always way too big on everything, particularly shirts - looks like a flippin' Christmas card stapled on yer moob

lol

It could be worse, it could look like a Christmas card stapled on your knob, that would be really painful to look at !!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

It could be worse, it could look like a Christmas card stapled on your knob, that would be really painful to look at !!!

Oh Dear,

Looks like we're going downhill pretty fast on this one !!!!!!

Down with Demon Drink........

lol

7 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

It was a student who won the competition to design a new badge so yes...a students scribble

Well, then we have different ideas of what a scribble is. Doesn’t matter who designed it, or how, or when, does it? Anyway, you don’t like it, so fair enough. As I said the last iteration was ideal for modern purposes from a graphic design perspective.

78458B0C-B33E-433C-818F-0FD408D44BA3.thumb.png.ee551f5c06521df7df86a3fae05a86c3.png

I’m absolutely fine with the new badge unless they intend to go back with our previous owl dispensing with the shield and SWFC. That minimalist iconic owl I think works best, plus it’s much easier to draw on your blunt workmate’s forehead when he’s passed out on your sofa.

Edited by Rebowl Yell

5 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

plus it’s much easier to draw on your blunt workmate’s forehead when he’s passed out on your sofa.

not as easy as an old fashioned c0ck and balls though

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 1

Guest Grez Bez

The most famous rapper alive copied the old one for his brand.

Can you see anyone copying the new abomination :ph34r:

Guest Maxine
13 hours ago, OwlOnWheels said:

I like the new badge, but I also like the old one.

I thought Harry Hill was going to pop up. 

There's one way to find out. 

image.jpg