Atdhe Nuhiu must surely have silenced ALL his critics now

Best part of the day for me is the guy two rows down whose relentlessly slagged AN off for the last two seasons and given him and Fox dogs abuse.

The effin hypocrite cheered every goal he scored today,he looked a rite plonker.

Hope he feels the respect the more appreciative fans have for him and signs his new deal,for sure there will be loads of interest in him after the season hes had,its not his fault CC never had faith in his ability,but JL has and hes won over a fair few these last few months.

Respect big man

3 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

Jos has got him to get in the right areas to score, under Carlos it was always deemed to be the service it isn't get in the right place and goals will come especially when you're atdhes size 

it isn't though is it?

Atty was  missing open goals under gray and carlos

Just to play devils advocate, he could just be in the form of his life, i have seen him have some shockers, you cant suddenly ignore the long barron spells!

garry madine was in form of his life at bolton doesnt mean hes suddenly a good player same with leon clarke at uniturd!

however his upturn in form has coinsided with a regime change so maybe the new boss has found a way to get most out of him! and fair play he has been fantastic this year!! hopefully this is the case and he proves it for us next year!

im not a hater either im a big fan of dave, cant fault his effort and some of the stuff  he pulls out is hat is insane, but im not getting too carried away just yet! 

Fantastic light in a dull season, there are so many positives now and the togetherness from the players seem encouraging for next season .

One example was when FF handed the ball over to him to get his hat trick.

Edited by TaxiMark

8 hours ago, Moggy1867 said:

Just to play devils advocate, he could just be in the form of his life, i have seen him have some shockers, you cant suddenly ignore the long barron spells!

garry madine was in form of his life at bolton doesnt mean hes suddenly a good player same with leon clarke at uniturd!

however his upturn in form has coinsided with a regime change so maybe the new boss has found a way to get most out of him! and fair play he has been fantastic this year!! hopefully this is the case and he proves it for us next year!

im not a hater either im a big fan of dave, cant fault his effort and some of the stuff  he pulls out is hat is insane, but im not getting too carried away just yet! 

I think there are two big things that have changed about his game, and one that's changed about the way the team is playing that have made the the difference.

He's showing way more desire to get into the box quickly and once he's in there he's actually moving towards the ball (getting in front of defenders).

Of course this only makes a difference if the ball is delivered quickly into the box and that's where we've changed under Jos.

• Like 1

Sounds like he is unhappy with the current offer, if he can move on and get more cash and probably get more football I shan't be blaming the big man.

I'd love for him to stay but we cannot afford to break the bank.

His interview sounded to me like he's trying to negotiate a better deal here, we should have put him in charge of Brexit. 

49 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think there are two big things that have changed about his game, and one that's changed about the way the team is playing that have made the the difference.

He's showing way more desire to get into the box quickly and once he's in there he's actually moving towards the ball (getting in front of defenders).

Of course this only makes a difference if the ball is delivered quickly into the box and that's where we've changed under Jos.

I made the same point after the Hull game, but in respect of Rhodes. 

Rhodes thrives under the early cross when he can get more space. If Nuhiu is to leave (I hope he doesn't) Rhodes could benefit in a similar fashion with a good run in the team next season.

13 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

No. Its obvious he's going to get a new contract. I think we should dump him 

Let's see what he does next season when the other teams are trying. 

He couldn't pass a ball or score for over three years and then when his contract is up he started to get fit and play, and still foul and gand still ive the ball away. 

Let's see what he made of when he's unit playing in dead games 

We don't need fair weather players 

DaFuq?

16 hours ago, Stoop said:

It’s weird what’s happened with him

He genuinely couldn’t hit a cows arse, now he’s prolific. It’s got to be down to the confidence he’s got from Jos

It’s not weird at all for those of us who “get it”.

Get on a player’s back, and it applies pressure. Playing under pressure doesn’t ordinarily bring out the best in people, unless they’re resilient, focused, and have a “I’ll prive you wrong” mentality, qualities Atdhe has in spades.

Well done Big Man. A kick in the teeth for the usual know-nowts.

Edited by theowlsman

Lots of reasons why he doing well.

Main one is he is starting regularly, which brings fitness and if things go right, confidence.

Then the fact that he is not being left isolated up front . Too often Carlos stuck him upfront on his own. He is not mobile enough, needs others close to him to play those little short passes.

We had too many fit strikers under Carlos, some were bound to suffer. If Hooper had been played in bit parts like Atty was he would have been poor as well.

The thing we now know is Carlos started strikers on one leg rather than give Atty a consistent run . Can’t blame him if he goes elsewhere, must be at the back of his mind whether he will be back to 6th choice if they all get fit again.