Atdhe Nuhiu must surely have silenced ALL his critics now

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
23 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

OK playing devils advocate, with a fully fit Hooper and Fletcher along with Foristieri, Joao and Rhodes where would Dave fit in the pecking order?

Him and one other.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
14 minutes ago, pressy said:

Yes hes had a good run  But when all fit will he start  I just cant see him leading us to the prem   But im.happy to be proved wrong 

Prepare to be happy.

In my opinion he’s the perfect squad player

He can’t be on too high wages

He offers a different strategy for

manangers if needed

He plays his heart out for the club whenever he comes on

He loves the club

To my knowledge he doesn’t cause any trouble within the squad when he isn’t in favour 

He seems to relish this in fact and if anything knuckles down even more

He appears to be a positive influence in the dressing room too from what I’ve heard

No brainer this, hope he gets his new deal sorted soon.

Edited by Rebowl Yell
  • Like 2

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

manangers if needed

He loves the club

To my knowledge he doesn’t cause any trouble within the squad when he isn’t in favour 

He appears to be a positive influence in the dressing room too from what I’ve heard

Agree he is a great squad player but he's also proving to be a first rate championship striker. 

41 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

Hope he signs. Hope we sell Rhodes. Need another AMC, MC and DC plus Fred. Maybe a wing back to cover reach and hunt. 

Baker looked promising today.

Edited by Treborowl

1 minute ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Agree he is a great squad player but he's also proving to be a first rate championship striker. 

He may well end up as first choice next season absolutely and few could argue against it but at the very least he is someone who can come off the bench and offer something different so it’s a no brainer really and no doubt why he’s been deemed worthy of an extension.

And he’s bloody earned it no doubt.

Just noticed on the BBC website - minutes per goal;

MITROVIC           115

GRABBAN            126

VYDRA                 129

NUHIU                    132

That makes him 4th most prolific striker in the championship.

Sign him up!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

manangers if needed

He loves the club

Think he'll be taking a big uplift in wages to sign a new contract though.

Who will be first striker out the door to compensate

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally fully agree with this

Would rather have a long and healthy debate with someone who has the opposing view than someone with limited intelligence spitting the dummy out and getting all abusive because someone had a different opinion to them.

A bit like you did when you said "kiss my arse Nuhiu haterz"   :biggrin:

I have never been a fan and for 3 years or so with good reason.........he was cumbersome, poor in the air for his height, unfit , and sloppy in possession.

Now however he looks a different player completely and you have to say JL must take some credit here.........much fitter and about a stone lighter than he was under CC , energised , confident , winning headers instead of ducking out of them and a real threat.

Whilst I don't forget some of the awful performances he served up previously I can only admire the way he has transformed his game.............good on yer big man and I have changed my mind about him deserving a new contract, cause on this kinda form its a no brainer.

I always respected that Atdhe gave his all in games but he did seem to lack an end product and was short on quality. He has displayed a far better touch much improved finishing skills and better positional sense. His heading has improved leaps and bounds he has shown he can jump and win headers aginst anyone. Infact he his a transformed player and one all defences in Championship should fear. How Jos has achieved this transformation I am not sure but he looks a player and one who will threaten any defence.

Others in team have improved but none as much as Atdhe. I was absolutely delighted he got an hat trick today and wish him well whatever his future holds.

Anyone saying he won't start when everyone's fit I have two questions...

1 - have we a striker on our books that has ever delivered a run of performances for us on a par with Nuhiu's since the turn of the year?

2 - what is it you want to see from  striker that Nuhiu hasn't delivered over the last 4 months?

1 hour ago, pressy said:

Yes hes had a good run  But when all fit will he start  I just cant see him leading us to the prem   But im.happy to be proved wrong 

I suppose being a leader in the pitch is his biggest attribute