Atdhe Nuhiu must surely have silenced ALL his critics now

Ps - When you’ve all finished wittering on about the season just gone, and yesterday’s game, don’t forget the grass gazer’s thread, back by popular demand, by those who like to chill out during summer.

Alternatively, the fishing thread in the other sports forum.

All invited including know-nowts lol

• Like 2

Needs to score at the same rate next season.  

Never been a big fan of his (I don't hate him) but he's proving me wrong, he does seem to have an extra spring his step. 

I won't be devastated in the unlikely event should he not re-sign for the club. Will be more than happy if he keeps proving me wrong.

7 minutes ago, Watson said:

Needs to score at the same rate next season.  

Never been a big fan of his (I don't hate him) but he's proving me wrong, he does seem to have an extra spring his step. 

I won't be devastated in the unlikely event should he not re-sign for the club. Will be more than happy if he keeps proving me wrong.

Exactly how I feel. Happy if he signs; but not too devastated if he doesn't.

Delighted on his hat trick. Well deserved. I've consistently supported the guy. He didnt need to come with a load of goals to be worthy of the shirt imo. He always gives defenders plenty to think about but sadly we've not really had the forwards on the pitch to benefit from his tireless work. He aint Messi but he has got some fantastic skills and as others have said full credit to Jos for recognising what Big Dave had in his locker. But more than anything its confidence that has taken him to the next level.

Its a confidence game

Well done Big Dave

Carlos appeares to have the unenviable gift of being able to make good players into average players and average players into poor players. Jos on the other hand has made some average players into good players, I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do with Rhodes, Reach and Fessi, and what Nuhiu’s future holds, as offers are bound to come for his services.

2 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Some of us saw Attys qualities from the off lol 

Every manager he's had has been trying to replace him, even your Carlos.

Of course he's done fantastic but you have to mostly discount end - of - contract performances (recall Nick Blackman?).

But if Jos has found some magic formula, brilliant but it means selling some other strikers to balance squad and books.

Plus you are also confirming DC's message today that we are only looking at top 10 , at best.

How's Fessi et al goona feel about that?   

I would be amazed if we can hold on to him. He is probably at best 6th in the striker wages league table at the club and it wouldn’t surprise me if Hirst Jnr wasn’t offered more than he is on. 

He has emphatically proved his talent, saved us from the drop and reminded us (as if Burnley, Brighton and Cardiff hadn’t) that physicality is part of the equation in order to succeed at this level. 

Good luck Atty - but please don’t go to Leeds. 

Don't be surprised if he does not sign for us, as a free agent he will probably get better offers elsewhere. As top scorer he will be looking at what Fletcher, Hooper and some of the others are on and will want equal status / money - and I don't blame him!.

Note the hint in todays star "contract talks heading in the right direction" if true then his agent is already working on it.

19 hours ago, darra said:

Them being offensive is one of the reasons they would be and he would've been warned about posting in such a way

They weren't.....which is why I didn't get a warning...in fact almost the opposite is the case

ive Spoken with some people on here who are aware exactly what happened ....I'm not the only one and Nuhiu isn't the only subject 

Edited by Ian

On 5/6/2018 at 16:41, Lord Snooty said:

I'll stick up for Ian here.

Wait, wait, put the pitchforks down!

Whilst I completely disagree with Ians views on big Adthe , we jave and always will have completely opposite opinions of the bigman. Ian will and has debated the point with me. 

Preferable to the rock dwellers who just pop up now and again with "He's shìt"And when asked why , back it up with "because he is".

They'll be put there now in the shadows, lurking and waiting for him to misplace his first pass next season. 

Just to say I totally agree with the above - Ian has debated Nuhiu long and hard but always maintained good humour and didn't resort to bargain bin logic - like some on here who just go with "he's flippinggarbage because I say so".

I used to quite enjoy the enedless threads on him a few years because the debate was intelligent a lot of the time, I remember JTO arguing with someone and they ended up colour-coding their paragraphs to address different points. We took the Nuhiu debate to the nth degree but I'd rather have that than pages of vitriol like we get on threads about Carlos etc.

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 14:36, Flat Owl said:

Ask Ian...

Don't think he was the only one who berated Nuhiu. Once he goes it will be another player who cops for it. Deep down I hope Nuhiu does leave which will be purely down to quite a few on here. I'm surprised he as put with all this poo for so long from some of the crackheads on here.

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:33, oldishowl said:

Lots of reasons why he doing well.

Main one is he is starting regularly, which brings fitness and if things go right, confidence.

Then the fact that he is not being left isolated up front . Too often Carlos stuck him upfront on his own. He is not mobile enough, needs others close to him to play those little short passes.

We had too many fit strikers under Carlos, some were bound to suffer. If Hooper had been played in bit parts like Atty was he would have been poor as well.

The thing we now know is Carlos started strikers on one leg rather than give Atty a consistent run . Can’t blame him if he goes elsewhere, must be at the back of his mind whether he will be back to 6th choice if they all get fit again.

What makes you think he would be 6th choice. Based on what exactly. So you put him behind Rhodes, possibly Winnal and Lucas. I assume the other 3 are FF, Hooper and Fletcher. To be honest I would be rather see at least 4 of those others leave before I would want Nuhiu to leave.