Jack Hunt injured AGAIN!

He got a really hard kick on the knee or something. Nothing he could do he was making a good challenge. It REALLY hurt though - I feared his knee cap had popped out or something. 

While I agree he’s subbed a lot - on this occasion it was a bad looking injury. 

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Really dont know what people see in Hunt .

It’s a position I think we need to improve. But he had a great game yesterday. And I’d say he’s improved under Jos. 

Plus us he’s not Palmer. 

17 hours ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

He wouldn't have been allowed to walk off with a really bad knee injury. It actually looked like an ankle injury from the stand?

Definitely knee, happened right infront of me. As soon as it happened you knew it was serious, he flung his arm in the air straight away. Air was brought out to him too, but couldn't see if it was administered

I imagine he wanted to walk off knowing that could be his last game for us should Jos decide he's not in his plans for next season

18 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Nuts, Nee, be his Neck Next

I know you spell Nee with C before anybody gets the *** on. 

WTF:

Ya grett daft knut lol 

Oh Shiit !! Now ya've got me at it :picnic:

FFS

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, smhouston said:

Definitely knee, happened right infront of me. As soon as it happened you knew it was serious, he flung his arm in the air straight away. Air was brought out to him too, but couldn't see if it was administered

I imagine he wanted to walk off knowing that could be his last game for us should Jos decide he's not in his plans for next season

Fair enough.

On 21/04/2018 at 17:16, @owlstalk said:

#SWFC Defender Jack Hunt went off injured again after being in the wars at Hillsborough

Jos Luhukay says it's a knee injury and right now it's unknown when he will return

No Worries, 

We've got Liam Palmer, 

He smokes Marujana, 

Nah Nah Nah Na

Nah Nah Nah Na

:luhukay:

I said 2 months ago he’ll be under the knife before long, needed sending the moment we secured our league status, could’ve been 2 weeks into recovery now for next season, he can’t keep persisting with it, the amount of times he has to leave the pitch is ridiculous. It’s obvious it needs sorting otherwise he’ll be like Fernando and miss 7 months

Not just about jack Hunt, but have noticed it frequently recently. If a player is injured anywhere in the corners or close  on the North Stand Side of the pitch, and the Ref calls for the stretcher (and it is the Ref, who authorises it) we then have a what seems interminable delay before 4 'space suit clad' men struggle on with a loaded stretcher.They then, on reaching the player proceed to unload equipment before getting down to treating the player. They then, after the player has been loaded, stagger off directly across the pitch. Now. I am not for one minute questioning the skill  or commitment of these first aiders, or even the amount of clothing they wear, equipment they carry (probably in line with H & S regulations)  but what concerns me is the TIME factor.

I have been involved in many injuries in coal mines which have resulted in the patient,being carried log distances over rough terrain, helping, myself,  to carry the stretcher, so have admiration for these chaps. But I do know that the major factor is the comfort of the patient, and the TIME to receive expert treatment.I have recently found myself watching a lot of American Football (I know, sad isn't it) and am amazed at the spd they remove injured playrs. The secret - simple, a small motorised guerny similar to an adapted golf cart.  Surely the purchase of one similar to these would be a useful addition to our ground equipment. It could be used for numerous transport jobs when not on standby at matchdays.

It just occurs to me that , in the old days of my youth, things seemed to be faster with the aid of two teams of four St.John Ambulance stationed at opposite corners of the ground, but then 'things were so much better in the old days'

22 hours ago, smhouston said:

What have you seen to indicate he's not in Jos's plans for next season? 

I think Palmer is more likely to get the boot, Hunt has done well.

On 21/04/2018 at 18:42, legendaryswan said:

Yeah it looked bad,was he getting air? Saw the medics get a mask out of the bag,hes been in the wars this week.

I thought he struggled with his knee in the QPR home game earlier in the season,wonder if hes got a persistent problem...................

Was sat on the first few rows of X2 so had a great view - they got the air out but don’t think they had to use it. For a while everyone around me thought he had dislocated it - but after a couple of minutes he was able to bend it which can only be good news. 

9 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

What have you seen to indicate he's not in Jos's plans for next season? 

I think Palmer is more likely to get the boot, Hunt has done well.

Nothing at all, but with Hunt himself saying everyone needs to knuckle down and prove their worth to Jos it goes without saying really

Hunt has improved a lot, but is injury prone. Palmer hasn't improved much IMO and I dread the outcome if he plays against Wolves and their skillful forwards. Palmer just about the least effective player ever when he gets anywhere near goal whilst frequently out of position in defence. He has energy but not good enough for this level.

He's been decent this season and for the majority of his career here fairly dependable but just like everyone else this season, unlucky with injuries.

I quite like Hunt at RB, i think we can do better and Palmer isn't quite good enough as back up, but you don't need an excellent RWB to win promotion, just someone who is steady and can do the basics well, which Hunt can!

Edited by Lionel Fessi
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

He's been decent this season and for the majority of his career here fairly dependable but just like everyone else this season, unlucky with injuries.

I quite like Hunt at RB, i think we can do better and Palmer isn't quite good enough as back up, but you don't need an excellent RWB to win promotion, just someone who is steady and can do the basics well, which Hunt can!

Thats garbage .