Glenn Loovens

7 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

Diving f*****

lol

That's Glenn's Street fighter finish him move. Everytime I see this, I say the word finish him before he connects 

Down, Down, Back, Forward, Forward, Forward, Down.  :laugh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cowl said:

It's sad because he's been a good player for us.

I don't think I've ever seen a player decline so much from one season to the next though.

I was thinking this earlier on

As previously mentioned, the lack of a pre season has probably caught up with him

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

He'll not play for us again. He deserves a very warm send off after the Norwich game. I am sure he'll get one too.

I’d have him on the bench against Norwich on the last day.  Bring him on in the last few minutes.  Lad deserves a good send off.  Been an total professional for us and will be missed in the dressing room.

He CAN leave with his head held incredibly high, been a great leader as others have said.  We were in poop alley when he came in and stabilised us to keep us in division.  His away performance at Brighton in PO Semi was superhuman.  Literally blocked and headed everything manfully for 90 mins of total bombardment.

Injuries have caught up with him and we've been guilty of rushing him back so have probably helped accelerate his decline.

Would love to see him in a defensive coaching roll at the club.  Or teaching the U-18 how to schkin up a doobie for schure.

Hope he gets a good send off.  Maybe play him up front for last game.

• Like 3

Has to be the BEST freebie weve ever had,hes been the backbone the entire time hes been here this season apart where time caught up with him.

Never the quickest,by a longshot,but he marshalled that back four like a skipper should,sublime at times,he just read the game infront of him,and snuffed it out,hes a future manager without doubt.

Has to play the last game,we owe him a teriffic send off.

Quickest vasectomy ive ever seen,should have worked in harley street lol

• Like 3

Been a great player for us, we have to remember how god awful we were defensively before he arrived and how he organised and led us to become a play off team. Should have been eased out after Wembley but deserves a great ovation and I wouldn't be averse to him getting a coaching job 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

His away performance at Brighton in PO Semi was superhuman.  Literally blocked and headed everything manfully for 90 mins of total bombardment.

That was actually ridiculous. He was a literal wall.

And in fact for his whole Wednesday career, whenever he had the pace to get goalside, he'd throw absolutely ANYTHING between the ball and the goal, didn't give a hoot.

No wonder he was always picking up knocks as he headed towards his mid-30s; he was playing against some top strikers and never even looked ruffled until this season.

Imagine how much better a defender you'd feel with GL telling you where to chuck yourself.

He was so bloody composed, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn he was on some of Amsterdam's finest the whole time. lol

Rock on Glenn lad, loads of stuff you can do from here. What a total pro, love the guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

Has to be the BEST freebie weve ever had,hes been the backbone the entire time hes been here this season apart where time caught up with him

Him and Lee, I'd say without question our best freebies in last 20 years. And, as it happens, probably both in our top 10 signings from that period - fee or no fee.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Great player and leader! Forged an excellent partnership with Tom Lees for

those 2 seasons.

It has been absolutely evident that his legs have gone this season and he has been lunging into challenges when he didn’t need to. It’s a shame but it happens to all the pro’s but it has been alarming his decline this season.

Like all Wednesday fans, I wish him all the best best in the future. He has been such a quality player for us. I fondly remember the Brighton play off away game where he stood up to an onslaught from Brighton. He was brilliant that night.

His time is up at SWFC. Thanks for the service and steadying the ship but we need fresher to go to the next level now and Jos (and probably even Glenn) knows this. I wouldn't say it's sad, that's just football and every player gets to an age where their legs finally go for the level they're at.