Glenn Loovens

18 minutes ago, cowl said:

It's sad because he's been a good player for us.

I don't think I've ever seen a player decline so much from one season to the next though.

I don't think it's sad. He can leave with his head held incredibly high, been a leader and an example, a marshal, a mentor and an absolute limousine of a defender for several years at Wednesday, and that's exactly how he'll always be remembered by us here. He's made Tom Lees 100% better and stopped a LOT of goal chances in his time here.

Thank you GL from the bottom of our hearts, you've been utterly fantastic almost always - now go enjoy the fruits of a well-paid career in your THIRTIES ffs, hang out with family, and probably walk into a coaching or even lower-league management job whenever you fancy it.

We we're lucky to have him and I'd be really chuffed with how I'd performed if I was him.

Kicked a few dicks off in his last season an' all, what a boy.

lol

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, cowl said:

It's sad because he's been a good player for us.

I don't think I've ever seen a player decline so much from one season to the next though.

The lack of a proper pre season under Carlos has finished him off, had no chance of staying at the level needed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Is Loovens injured as he misses out on the squad again and was at Endcliffe Park last Saturday whilst we were playing Hull. 

Is he one of the injured players out for the season or has he just been dropped? 

Jos said in a recent interview that it was a choice to leave him out of the squad rather than injury. He also said that Glenn understood the reasons for it and that he was a brilliant professional captain even when not on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Ash-Williams said:

The lack of a proper pre season under Carlos has finished him off, had no chance of staying at the level needed

Aye, that's possible. Well, our pre-season training didn't seem to be adequate for any of the players, and probably least of all for players nearing the end of their careers anyway.

3 minutes ago, Ronio said:

What a player Loovens has been for us.  Led by example, and put in some lovely tackles. 

loovens.gif.ac3e84ad166331bfc4507cb288a02c63.gif

It's genuinely unbelievable that he didn't get sent off for that, even by the refereeing standards of the Championship.