What will happen?

After our recent upturn in performances and results the atmosphere on here has been great, the silly rumours have stopped(mostly) and it’s like owlstalk should be again. But tomorrow will bring a different challenge with a inform Fulham coming needing 3 points to try and catch Cardiff for second place. So if we do lose are we staying calm or is it meltdown season again lol 

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

seasons over so just looking forward to seeing a good game tomorrow . hope we win but wont be too upset if we don't as long as we play well .

This!!!

I’m just enjoying my football again, here’s to more of the same over the next few weeks.

5 minutes ago, itsonmyhead said:

After our recent upturn in performances and results the atmosphere on here has been great, the silly rumours have stopped(mostly) and it’s like owlstalk should be again. But tomorrow will bring a different challenge with a inform Fulham coming needing 3 points to try and catch Cardiff for second place. So if we do lose are we staying calm or is it meltdown season again lol 

I'm guessing we all know the answer to that mate , it's going to be a very difficult game tomorrow against arguably the best side in the division , so hopefully people don't start calling for Meson McCarthy or anyone else if we do get beat , saying that we will win tomorrow 3-1 fingers crossed . 

I expect Jos to park the bus tomorrow with Atty feeding on scraps. Not gonna be easy on the eye but would be happy with a draw. 

Can any statto's out there tell us the earliest we can be mathematically safe? Ever the optimist me and that. 

Think it will be Fulham, who are nervous. We have no pressure now, Fulham on the other hand will be thinking if we mess up this season, this was our best chance. Next season could be difficult as will lose a number of good players and then back to mid table mediocrity, bit like us.

So another win for us, as long as we don't go bloody defensive in the 1st half as usual.

I’m loving this, I hope we don’t park the bus but I do this Jos will go for his steady first half approach, if we don’t have a good outlet and invite pressure I think we will be in a spot of bother. I’m with snoots and think we can win!!!!

6 minutes ago, tjchitt86 said:

I expect Jos to park the bus tomorrow with Atty feeding on scraps. Not gonna be easy on the eye but would be happy with a draw. 

Can any statto's out there tell us the earliest we can be mathematically safe? Ever the optimist me and that. 

first time in nearly 3 years where the result doesn't matter so i'd be disappointed if he did set up defensively (I don't think he will).......

We have brilliant vocal support when we win.

Sadly we now descend into self hatred and searching for scapegoats whenever we lose.

The question is does this keep players and management on their toes to work hard to gain every point? 

Or would we be better giving vocal support to help encourage willing servants who are going through a bad patch sometimes?

Edited by Owl in Nottingham

It's only Fulham not Bayern . Last three matches we've won them all Fulham won two and a draw . Away out of twenty they've lost five and drawn five . At home we have lost and drawn seven and one of those was against swarbrick . Last ten matches between the two teams we've won five with two draws . Villa were ours without swarbrick , Cardiff nothing special so Fulham just don't worry me. Pressures all on them . We've beaten better and lost against worse so bring them on . 

Will be a good test against Fulham, their manager already sounds concerned about the dual threat of Nuhiu and Joao.

To be honest I was more concerned about losing to Sunderland.

Performances against the top clubs have been better than those at the bottom.

Be good to welcome Stuart Gray back to Hillsborough too.

48 minutes ago, tjchitt86 said:

If we win tomorrow and Barnsley lose we will be mathematically safe. We will have 50 points and Barnsley 34 with 15 points to play for. And for that reason I say, COME ON WEDNESDAY.

Edited by Owling Wolfe
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, itsonmyhead said:

Not really.Not too fussed if we lose so long as we put a decent performance in.:biggrin: