Sheffield Wednesday Press Conference - LIVE NOW

42 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Didn't he walk off with a hamstring strain? What ruddy happened to him? :ghoulguy:

Starting training with the team, had an ankle issue. Went to a doc in portugal and he needed surgery. Out for a long time, might not be back for pre-season.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Go on then. Tell me about the injury and how it was caused and how it can be attributed to Carlos.

Your question is really a hypothetical one to me, as it can be reversed to ask - "Name an injured player and tell me how the injury was caused and how it cannot be directly attributed to Carlos"

Both questions could be debated indefinitely.

:picnic:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Your question is really a hypothetical one to me, as it can be reversed to ask - "Name an injured player and tell me how the injury was caused and how it cannot be directly attributed to Carlos"

Both questions could be debated indefinitely.

:picnic:

FFS

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Markowski77 said:

Sad thing is, he still has a loyal following

Granted he took us off to a play off final and play offs, however his short termism has absolutely crippled us and a few of our players 

That was his aim though to try and get us promoted so cant blame him for short termism as very few owners or fans for that matter allow Managers time to build, Lets hope our fans have learnt and we give Jos time to sort things next season or the one after im confident we can challenge again.

1 hour ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

With loovens looking set to leave and van.aken our looks like we might be in for a centre half during the summer I’d love Danny Batth back 

Might mean Pudil gets another year and if we sign up Venancio we have -

Venancio - Lees - Pudil

O'Grady & Thorniley as back up/youth challenging with Hutch & Fox both capable of playing there if required it might depend on expected return date for Van Aken.

We need a LWB & Hutch type CM in summer then barring a ridiculous injury crisis again I don't think were far off challenging. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

Name one player and their injury that can be directly attributed to Carlos.

Easy... Lee and Fernando.  Both rushed back last season and suffered the consequences this season!

1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

Name one player and their injury that can be directly attributed to Carlos.

• @owlstalk
  • Sheffield Wednesday Chairman
  • 54,712 posts
  • Interests:Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

“Last season I played a half season with my injury in my knee.

“Maybe the fans do not know that. I played for three or four months with my injury.

“I knew in last season and in the beginning of this season that something would happen.

“When I went to see the doctor in Italy, he said I could play but in one week or five months you will come to see me again.’

“In that moment, when I spoke with Carlos and my physio, we decided all together to carry on.

“I knew this bad injury could happen for my career. 

“This is another thing because the fans don’t know what happened in the club.”

Statements such as the last one appear at regular intervals during the conversation but Forestieri repeatedly stops himself before giving away a great deal.

On a handful of occasions he says he cannot say more, but does so with a smile that suggests he would like to. Forestieri certainly suggests he feels frustrated with certain things that have happened during his time at Hillsborough.

He appears frustrated with how his injury was handled 

12 minutes ago, Hughthecone said:

Great to hear that there are 5 u23s training with 1st team squad this week they wouldn't have had a chance under the past regime,IMO.

Made a point on mentioning the u18s too. Who we go from the 18's looking good? Borukov?....