Sheffield Wednesday Press Conference - LIVE NOW

30 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Easy... Lee and Fernando.  Both rushed back last season and suffered the consequences this season!

That's you saying they were rushed back and that it caused or exacerbated their injuries. Where is your medical proof? I'll tell you. Nowhere because there is none.

30 minutes ago, capetownowl said:
  • @owlstalk
  • Sheffield Wednesday Chairman
  • 54,712 posts
  • Interests:Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

“Last season I played a half season with my injury in my knee.

“Maybe the fans do not know that. I played for three or four months with my injury.

“I knew in last season and in the beginning of this season that something would happen.

“When I went to see the doctor in Italy, he said I could play but in one week or five months you will come to see me again.’

“In that moment, when I spoke with Carlos and my physio, we decided all together to carry on.

“I knew this bad injury could happen for my career. 

“This is another thing because the fans don’t know what happened in the club.”

Statements such as the last one appear at regular intervals during the conversation but Forestieri repeatedly stops himself before giving away a great deal.

On a handful of occasions he says he cannot say more, but does so with a smile that suggests he would like to. Forestieri certainly suggests he feels frustrated with certain things that have happened during his time at Hillsborough.

He appears frustrated with how his injury was handled 

That's his doctor saying that come what may he would need an operation.

and any way "we decided all together to carry on."

2 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

That's you saying they were rushed back and that it caused or exacerbated their injuries. Where is your medical proof? I'll tell you. Nowhere because there is none.

Playing devils advocate again but, where is your proof there is none ?

:picnic:

I am not saying Carlos is innocent/not to blame. Others are making accusations and I am asking them to back it up with some facts. There is no onus on me to produce anything.

OK

Nowhere because there is none."

This is my opinion

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I am not saying Carlos is innocent/not to blame. Others are making accusations and I am asking them to back it up with some facts. There is no onus on me to produce anything.

OK

This is my opinion

Non of us fans know the facts (and probably never will), but someone at the club does know the facts or the major causes. The run of serious injuries we have suffered over the last 2 years are VERY unlikely to be pure bad luck.

Whether the fault lies with Carlos, or the previous medical team or the fitness coaches or the bad training pitch  or the golden Elephants outside reception?!?!?. Someone needs to know to prevent it ever happening again. 

This season could have seen us dropping a Sunderland and being left with huge debts, a transfer embargo and the pigs reaching the play-offs.....shudder !!

16 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

OK

This is my opinion

Fair enough mate, debates are all about opinions anyway.

Just feeling mischievous today.

lol

People still defending Carlos.

Totally unbelievable.

It is the managers job to make sure our players have proper pre season training to get up to the level required. Carlos didn’t do it.

Without that players are more likely to get injured and will take longer to recover from injury.

This happened, except Carlos decided that he would risk bringing players back without proper rehab. This again is down to the manager, irrespective of what the players want.

We delayed operations and played people who needed operations including FF and Fletcher in both play off games when we had fit players available.

Did Carlos actually kick someone and cause an injury, probably not, he did much worse as several players have now confirmed.

1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

There are about three or four individuals who have suffered and most will get mentioned on this thread at some stage.

..also the comments from Hutch, Lees, FF in various recent articles provide insight. 

Defend him all you like but his short termism and causal attutude to fitness has bordered on catastrophic this season, especially where our chances of promotion etc have been concerned.

5 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Name one player and their injury that can be directly attributed to Carlos.

Hutch.

Months out then played 3 x 90 minutes in 7 days. 

Rank irresponsible management.

4 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

OK

This is my opinion

Do you accept that the number of players we have injured this season is extraordinary and has reacjed a point where it is more than bad luck?

.If you have ever done any training or been involved with sport especially in last 20 years there is a whole science aroud injury prevention and training. I have and  would suggest there is is an issue and in addition many journalists have indicated this.

Jos just acknowledged in conference injury situation had to be analysed at end of season and mentoned pre season.is important. Whichever way you look at it CC has to carry the blame he was manager he installed his own choice of medical team, he was responsible for training and team selection. This is all circumstantial evidence butallof it points in one direction, there is no circumstantialevidence indicating it is anyone else. If you do not think CC was the issue who else could it be?

The only other explanation is you do not see level of injuries as being out of ordinary which would surprise overwhelming majority of fans.

This is a balanced opinion.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
14 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

OK Carlos, calm down!  :carlos:

Guest Kagoshimaowl
14 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Joking aside, I’m sure Nando did an interview in the Sheffield Star last week saying he shouldn’t really have been playing at the end of last season but decided to after ‘discussions’ with Carlos.  A good manager would have told him to get the surgery done.

If Joost is defo out we need to take the option on Fred and sign Pudil for at least another year so we can concentrate on sorting out the rest of the squad such as shipping out as much of dead wood as possible and getting some pace into key areas. 

We spent 3 windows knowing we needed LB / CH/ pace and instead we bought over the hill central midfielders and attackers for silly money. 

With Reach/ Penney and Hunt/ Palmer plus TL, FV, DP, J thorn, JVA, dare I say it Fox we look to be OK for back 5 so let's get JR, AA, DJ, SF off the books a replace with some verve and spurt! 

55 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

We spent 3 windows knowing we needed LB / CH/ pace and instead we bought over the hill central midfielders and attackers for silly money. 

With Reach/ Penney and Hunt/ Palmer plus TL, FV, DP, J thorn, JVA, dare I say it Fox we look to be OK for back 5 so let's get JR, AA, DJ, SF off the books a replace with some verve and spurt! 

GJ. OK with AR, MP, JH, & LP covering FB, and JP and SH for DM, IMO. TBH, CB is WTF ATM. WLTM SF N/K w/GSOH, RSVP.

BRB.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Treborowl said:

Sad but inevitable. Thanks Glenn

Was a nice gesture for him to win the Community PFA Player of the year award as a sending off present. Done a lot for us in defense, but this season his injuries and age have made their mark.

Edited by N0rtherner