Almen Abdi

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Anyone who's watched Twin Peaks to completion will understand exactly what's going on with Abdi.

At some point over the summer of 2016, the Almen Abdi we all knew from his Watford days was lured into an alternative dimension and trapped in the Black Lodge. At this point, his evil doppelgänger was created and escaped into our reality. This doppelgänger is physically identical to Abdi, but shares very few of his personality traits or skills.

The good news is, this evil doppelgänger will be defeated and returned to the Black Lodge from whence he spawned.

The bad news is, we're stuck with him for another 23 years...

:duntmatter:

Maybe we should bring Evil Bob in to play Hutch's role in midfield. That guy was tenacious.

We saw him going from his car to the ground for the Preston match, he was walking unaided and didn't have a guide dog. We figured he must have stubbed his toe on the way to lend a hand in the megastore.

Wage thief.

Wtf!!

I don’t think Abdi will get in the side wether he’s fit or not, he’s just not performed here at all , absolute car crash of a signing

hopefully he can get fit enough for his previous reputation to get him a move somewhere 

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

How can anyone defend this players signing .

Is anyone defending it?

But a lot of the comments on this site amount to: we should only sign players who will be fit and who will perform; we shouldn't sign players who will be unfit or who otherwise can't deliver.

I recall the day Abdi signed, because I was bored, working from home. It was one of those days where everyone seemed to know that he was about to sign; but the confirmation took ages to come. (A cue for people to claim - weirdly - that it takes us longer than similar clubs to finalise signings.) The mood was I think pretty well 100% enthusiastic. He'd been a key player in a promoted Watford side. Then a premier league regular. Not a young player. But not so old that he couldn't have three or four good seasons ahead of him.

It has worked out really badly. Anyone can see that.

Perhaps there were red flags that could and should have been seen by the club, which inevitably were invisible to fans. Perhaps. It's not obvious that that's the case.

2 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Needs moving on at end of the season terrible signing who had just taken money out of the club and given nothing in return 

Sadly yes - a pity too as the pedigree is/was there.

Thought he’d deliver but it just hasn’t happened.  

CC’s inability to use him properly didn’t help but barring a worldly at Forest, he’ll go down as one of our worst signings ever.

8 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Is anyone defending it?

But a lot of the comments on this site amount to: we should only sign players who will be fit and who will perform; we shouldn't sign players who will be unfit or who otherwise can't deliver.

I recall the day Abdi signed, because I was bored, working from home. It was one of those days where everyone seemed to know that he was about to sign; but the confirmation took ages to come. (A cue for people to claim - weirdly - that it takes us longer than similar clubs to finalise signings.) The mood was I think pretty well 100% enthusiastic. He'd been a key player in a promoted Watford side. Then a premier league regular. Not a young player. But not so old that he couldn't have three or four good seasons ahead of him.

It has worked out really badly. Anyone can see that.

Perhaps there were red flags that could and should have been seen by the club, which inevitably were invisible to fans. Perhaps. It's not obvious that that's the case.

True. I was driving home from Somerset and the deal was obviously being spoken about before I left but had some suggestions we were going to be gazumped. Notwithstanding a slight uncertainty as to where he would fit regarding Bannan and Lee I was extremely happy with the signing. Just a terrible shame it has not worked out.

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

How can anyone defend this players signing .

I'll defend his actual signing... At the time of his signing, most of us thought that he would rip the Championship a new one, so the potential for that signing was great. He had been a brilliant player for Watford in the Premiership.

However, it hasn't worked out here for whatever reasons.... It does appear as if he is taking the Michael with some of these injuries, he doesn't look bothered when playing for the under 23's, so it's actually difficult to defend him since that signing.....

It's a great shame really, and a waste of money, but these things happen, we're not the only club to be hit with this kind of problem.

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Anyone who's watched Twin Peaks to completion will understand exactly what's going on with Abdi.

At some point over the summer of 2016, the Almen Abdi we all knew from his Watford days was lured into an alternative dimension and trapped in the Black Lodge. At this point, his evil doppelgänger was created and escaped into our reality. This doppelgänger is physically identical to Abdi, but shares very few of his personality traits or skills.

The good news is, this evil doppelgänger will be defeated and returned to the Black Lodge from whence he spawned.

The bad news is, we're stuck with him for another 23 years...

:duntmatter:

That explains a lot, great work Dr Watson :ghoulguy:

The guy is an absolute disgrace. A moderate gues of his wage would be around £20k a week given the reported £3/4m transfer fee and he is showing no intention of getting back into the side.

There was a fairly long period under Carlos when he was injury free and didn't get anywhere near the first team. He needs to have a long hard look at himself in the mirror. 

Absolutely diabolical.