Almen Abdi

2 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

My guess would be an axe, that's the only thing that would make him miss another month. 

It is so easy to get caught up in the resurgence, the reality is the lack of transparency between the injured players/or whatever and the paying public is a bit crap isn’t it, we are taken as mugs and i’ve had a belly full, this needs to be fixed if we are to move forward, apart from that I have a good feel for next season.

11 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

It is so easy to get caught up in the resurgence, the reality is the lack of transparency between the injured players/or whatever and the paying public is a bit crap isn’t it, we are taken as mugs and i’ve had a belly full, this needs to be fixed if we are to move forward, apart from that I have a good feel for next season.

I understand your frustration. We don't have a right to know players' private medical details, though.

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I understand your frustration. We don't have a right to know players' private medical details, though.

It just shows where we the fans are in scheme of things though = nothing!

1 minute ago, OzOwl said:

It just shows where we the fans are in scheme of things though = nothing!

I'm not sure how that follows from us not being party to players' private medical details.

Why would we ever have the right to demand that information be put into the public domain?

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not sure how that follows from us not being party to players' private medical details.

Why would we ever have the right to demand that information be put into the public domain?

It’s hardly private is it, if a player under contract to Sheffield Wednesday cannot fulfill his duty to the paying public, do they not have a right to known why?

16 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

It’s hardly private is it, if a player under contract to Sheffield Wednesday cannot fulfill his duty to the paying public, do they not have a right to known why?

No, of course we don't. Just like you or I, players' medical records are confidential. They can disclose them if they want, but they're under no obligation to. I'm amazed this is even up for discussion.

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No, of course we don't. Just like you or I, players' medical records are confidential. They can disclose them if they want, but they're under no obligation to. I'm amazed this is even up for discussion.

lol

We don’t need to know the ins and out ffs just along the lines of ‘Almen Abdis eye injury has cleared up and he is or is not available for selection, stop complicating a simple situation.

26 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

lol

We don’t need to know the ins and out ffs just along the lines of ‘Almen Abdis eye injury has cleared up and he is or is not available for selection, stop complicating a simple situation.

I'm not. I'm keeping it simple, because it is: any individual's personal medical information, no matter how vaguely you try to express it, is confidential and can only be released with their consent.

If Abdi doesn't want us to find out why he's been out for so long, then we won't find out. And rightly so.

5 hours ago, debram said:

Needs offloading asap, doubt any club would take him though given his record at Hillsborough

I'm sure there is some muggins who will. Just look at the player who was sold from Middlesborough and bought by us...............oh wait a minute.:picnic:

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

I don't think anyone can defend how it's turned out but just about all of us where purring when we signed him . ........

Can you remember  torry his first appearance at Hillsborough , He had already said he did not want to play on wing at Watford , Carlos stuck him on wing , Abdi started pointing to his leg making out he was injured .

7 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Anyone who's watched Twin Peaks to completion will understand exactly what's going on with Abdi.

At some point over the summer of 2016, the Almen Abdi we all knew from his Watford days was lured into an alternative dimension and trapped in the Black Lodge. At this point, his evil doppelgänger was created and escaped into our reality. This doppelgänger is physically identical to Abdi, but shares very few of his personality traits or skills.

The good news is, this evil doppelgänger will be defeated and returned to the Black Lodge from whence he spawned.

The bad news is, we're stuck with him for another 23 years...

:duntmatter:

This does sound plausible actually.

• Haha 1

On 03/04/2018 at 21:28, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not. I'm keeping it simple, because it is: any individual's personal medical information, no matter how vaguely you try to express it, is confidential and can only be released with their consent.

If Abdi doesn't want us to find out why he's been out for so long, then we won't find out. And rightly so.

Vaguely?

“Almen Abdis eye inury has cleared up”

I think you are over thinking this.

What about Almen Abdi is available for selection?

Or can the club not do this for fear of double booking his private appointment on a Satuday afternoon .....

WTF:

Edited by OzOwl