BURNLEY 0 - 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY (U23's) - Matchday Thread

We are a little posh around here we have bins and boxes,black bins for general,green ones for garden,black boxes for plastic ,blue ones for the empty whisky bottles and tins etc, green ones for paper and of course The Times.

Good job I'm not colour blind.

Edited by Hughthecone

37 minutes ago, Hughthecone said:

We are a little posh around here we have bins and boxes,black bins for general,green ones for garden,black boxes for plastic ,blue ones for the empty whisky bottles and tins etc, green ones for paper and of course The Times.

Good job I'm not colour blind.

we got a big grey bin for general waste. a smaller brown one for garden waste and a burgundy one for plastic.

then we got a blue box for metals and glass with a dark green box for paper. 

i know this reply is pointless but cos it was different from yours and indeed others, i felt compelled to share this info.

all of them are fortnightly collections and what i find is my grey big main waste bin only has about 3 bin bags in come collection day. my burgundy plastic one gets full and i sometimes have to stand in it to squash it down, what ive learnt is if i take the tops off the milk cartons/fruit shoots etc it squashes down easier as the air can escape. 

brown garden bin gets full in summer when lorna mower makes her 5 monthly appearance but it hasnt even been emptied once during winter, mind, late autumn it was busy what with all dem falling leaves n that.

blue box for metal gets full as the mrs drinks pepsi but the green paper bin hardly ever gets full. 

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

we got a big grey bin for general waste. a smaller brown one for garden waste and a burgundy one for plastic.

then we got a blue box for metals and glass with a dark green box for paper. 

i know this reply is pointless but cos it was different from yours and indeed others, i felt compelled to share this info.

all of them are fortnightly collections and what i find is my grey big main waste bin only has about 3 bin bags in come collection day. my burgundy plastic one gets full and i sometimes have to stand in it to squash it down, what ive learnt is if i take the tops off the milk cartons/fruit shoots etc it squashes down easier as the air can escape. 

brown garden bin gets full in summer when lorna mower makes her 5 monthly appearance but it hasnt even been emptied once during winter, mind, late autumn it was busy what with all dem falling leaves n that.

blue box for metal gets full as the mrs drinks pepsi but the green paper bin hardly ever gets full. 

Many thanks for info and am glad that I'm not the only mad person on this site,keep taking the tablets.

:tango:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Barry Bannan.jpg

The U23's just told Barry Bannan that Big Ron had returned to Sheffield Wednesday and that he wanted to see Bannan asap in the carpark 

Bazza fell for it hook line and sinker

The person Bannan is speaking to is Ken Ryder, Owls Academy Chief Scout.

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

We can field 3 over 23 players but again only field 1, could we not have van Aken, Hutch, Westwood, Abdi or any of the squad players who have not played recently playing.

We don't have a game for 10 days and players coming back from injury need game time before they get first team game time. Or do we not do warm up matches any more before throwing them in to say Preston.

The under 23s are flying and playing well as a team with lads that play regularly together and team cohesion is good. Why jepodise that by throwing 3 seniors in that may not have the same attitude and commitment (we've seen that from certain players All year the young lads show week in and week out, for me let the lads grow as a team and look to the future. 

5 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Senior players can choose whether or not they want to play for the U23s, and for away games they invariably don't

Whose rule is that?

Carlos? Club?

Jos needs to change it if he hasn’t already. Don’t care what level it is manager should decide if he wants you to get game time as part of a return from injury 

17 hours ago, room0035 said:

You missing the point we can play 3 over aged players we have 4 or 5 players back training who need game time, we have 5 or 6 players in the squad no playing who need game time. We can play 3 we play 1.

We are missing an opportunity to get match minutes for our players.

Come Preston next Saturday Bazza, Abdi, Westwood + co don't play because they haven't had any match time since returning from injury.

Pretty sure the coaching staff will realise this.

Also think they’ll know exactly where each player is regarding their fitness.

And also think that they’ll be pretty keen to get the first team squad fit.

Why do people come up with this diarrhoea.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

15 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

The under 23s are flying and playing well as a team with lads that play regularly together and team cohesion is good. Why jepodise that by throwing 3 seniors in that may not have the same attitude and commitment (we've seen that from certain players All year the young lads show week in and week out, for me let the lads grow as a team and look to the future. 

Flying? Ist win in 6 that was.

• Like 1

I have a friend who is avid Burnley fan and he went to the game. He is a sensible chap and got in touch to pass on thoughtsabout game.

He was impressed by our side said there was some good players in the team. He only recognised Bannan and siad he played well but was by no means stand out player. He said after we made early substitution we looked the best team and were never in any danger. He said player taken off by us was slow and looked out of sorts (It seems it was Neilsen). He was very impressed by one of our midfield players and he also gave a good mention to one of forwards who I think was Preston from description (small bundle of energy).

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2018 at 06:46, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Pretty sure the coaching staff will realise this.

Also think they’ll know exactly where each player is regarding their fitness.

And also think that they’ll be pretty keen to get the first team squad fit.

Why do people come up with this diarrhoea.

Why does a team who have players coming back to finish not play them in reverse and friendly games to get them match fit.

Answer ' It appears that Carlos policy was to not do this and instead risk the players getting longer term injuries - Look for the article from Tom lees in the last few days.

But don't worry i won't take offense from your comments but from Tom it would appear what I am saying is in fact correct.

20 hours ago, room0035 said:

Why does a team who have players coming back to finish not play them in reverse and friendly games to get them match fit.

Answer ' It appears that Carlos policy was to not do this and instead risk the players getting longer term injuries - Look for the article from Tom lees in the last few days.

But don't worry i won't take offense from your comments but from Tom it would appear what I am saying is in fact correct.

Absolute verbal diarrhoea.

Forestieri and Van Aken both featured in the last U23 match.

Tom Lees praises Jos for his rehabilitation program yet you are criticising based on absolutely zero knowledge of the facts.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

3 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Absolute verbal diarrhoea.

Forestieri and Van Aken both featured in the last U23 match.

Tom Lees praises Jos for his rehabilitation program yet you are criticising based on absolutely zero knowledge of the facts.

Am I having a go at Jos no what I did state is we are able to field 3 over aged players in the under 23's something that we have not done for the last 4 or 5 weeks at the same time we have had Tom Lees, Fessi, Abdi, Van Aken, Hutch, Bannan and other return to training other than Lees none of them have played over 90 minutes yet since their injuries. But most have been back in full training for weeks that simply is too slow.

I understand the protecting them until they are ready but if they are back in full training then they should be ready.

As for the knowledge is basically common sense that you need to get players match fit in a none important game scenario such as a under 23's game, reverse game or a friendly. Well it common sense for most people.