Stadium location?

15 minutes ago, owls101 said:

The north stand was built in the 60s hardly a like for like comparison 

Again, whilst the North stand is iconic, it is around 55 years old. When you consider that it replaced a stand that was itself constructed 55 years earlier, you see that things clearly don't stand still in this area. It has no facilities of any sort, and other than the view, offers little to the punter. 

Nearer the M1, Hillsborough is a nightmare to get to.

If we built a new stadium as we get promoted that's more accessible and is sensibly priced, would it be too late to get on the huge rise of attendance that clubs like Derby/Norwich/Sunderland and many others all enjoyed from promotion and/or new stadiums, since our fall from grace?

Edited by briggowl

24 minutes ago, dnhc said:

money spent, is money gone, you can't spend it twice,

who will stump up the money? 

how much more will seat prices rise to meet the costs?

That's an overly simplistic way of looking at it 

Edited by owls101
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Nearer the M1, Hillsborough is a nightmare to get to.

If we built a new stadium as we get promoted that's more accessible and is sensibly priced, would it be too late to get on the huge rise of attendance that clubs like Derby/Norwich/Sunderland and many others all enjoyed from promotion and/or new stadiums, since our fall from grace?

Not for the overwhelming majority of the fans.  But yeah, lets move so the few dozen out of towners can get home 5 minutes early.

36 minutes ago, steveger said:

Would love to see a breakdown on our hire/commercial income such as private functions,weddings,meetings, conferences etc compared to places like the Keepmoat and New York Stadium, people keep reckoning they are miles ahead off us in these departments...

Been to the keepmoat (conference rooms) for an employment event and it was fresh,modern and looked well to be honest compared to our outdated WMC looking facilities...

This aint just about the football facilities these days

We are just about on a par with the phoenix club Steve :biggrin:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, dnhc said:

money spent, is money gone, you can't spend it twice,

who will stump up the money? 

how much more will seat prices rise to meet the costs?

You can guarantee that would happen if we moved to a new soul less , Ikea flat pack stadium.  

The issue with the financing is that the investment into real estate assets of normal business is based on the model that the business is actually profitable. 

Football, other than essential public services, must be the only businesses that generally runs at a loss but needs to make these long-term capital investment plans.

DC is bankrolling SWFC at £20m per season. He'll need make a decision about the stadium based on several factors, but whether increased revenue or lost revenue if he does nothing, will need a 20/30 yr business plan; one which assume PL revenue returns if he wants lesson the financial impact on himself. MacCabe saw a hotel and business units as partly paying back for investing into the BL infrastructure, and structured the business models to ensure his business received an annual income stream from the football club. This was without moving grounds.

Is DC in it for 20/30 years? Can he factor in additional commercial income streams from the development, which forward funds the development? Can he get a high-profile sponsor? 

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I live a 20 minute walk from the ground.  I still find it a complete ballache getting to night matches.  I'm not prepared to spend over a hour getting to and from the match.

I live close too now.   I was just thinking the other day that I miss not having to leave at half twelve to get to the game now.   Strange I know but it's what I grew up doing.

I live a 20 minute walk from the ground.  I still find it a complete ballache getting to night matches.  I'm not prepared to spend over a hour getting to and from the match.

Try coming across the m62 for a night match...you see what a ball ache is!

Bit of a ballache for me getting to night matches as well. 

But if traffic is ok I can usually do in an hour and a half each way.

:goalie:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Try coming across the m62 for a night match...you see what a ball ache is!

I hate driving across the M62 at anytime mate. worst motorway in the country. complete nightmare 

30 minutes ago, Animis said:

The issue with the financing is that the investment into real estate assets of normal business is based on the model that the business is actually profitable. 

Football, other than essential public services, must be the only businesses that generally runs at a loss but needs to make these long-term capital investment plans.

DC is bankrolling SWFC at £20m per season. He'll need make a decision about the stadium based on several factors, but whether increased revenue or lost revenue if he does nothing, will need a 20/30 yr business plan; one which assume PL revenue returns if he wants lesson the financial impact on himself. MacCabe saw a hotel and business units as partly paying back for investing into the BL infrastructure, and structured the business models to ensure his business received an annual income stream from the football club. This was without moving grounds.

Is DC in it for 20/30 years? Can he factor in additional commercial income streams from the development, which forward funds the development? Can he get a high-profile sponsor? 

Could he get his rich mates in Thailand to invest in the idea, think big and go for a Wemberly of the north, or have I been smelling the Ajax for too long again? 

1 minute ago, Loxley Owl said:

Relocation would ruin many of the local businesses- the pubs, Beres, the other cafes and chip shops etc. All these places have business models completely reliant on making money during the season and surviving in the summer.

OMG Chinese chippyyyyyyyy!!!!  Hey, capitalists take the risk when it pays off they win, they will have to up sticks.