Stadium location?

4 hours ago, LSOwls said:

Still waiting to see the poll that the OP mentioned @Rev Owl

That's @RevOwl who mentioned the Poll not @Rev Owl who is me and an innocent bystander

Sorry for any confusion.

(ie two different usernames for two different people)

Edited by Rev Owl

We need to do something and that's very plainly clear. Other clubs and grounds have overtook us in recent times and we are essentially moving backwards, by pretty much standing still, in relative terms, though I know that we have made some good and appreciated recent improvements.

I love Hillsborough and the 2018 World Cup redevelopment plan for the stadium looked brilliant. I would be so proud to see my beloved Hillsborough looking like that.

But taking away my huge attachment to the ground, a move away would be a far better option for the club IMO - Why ?

- Start with a blank canvas.

- Secure a a great location, with all the required room for full and adequate required developments and essentially in an appropriate location.

- Do correct research and homework extensively.

- Obviously it will be close to good transport links and with good parking facilities.

- Have a 'blue' print for a fantastic 50k all seater stadium (fully adequate IMO), with no restricted views. Don't build a soleless stadium, but a superb futuristic one, also with maybe a few 'nods' to our old Hillsborough home incorporated within certain design elements. Combine the best of new design, with history and tradition also and help make fans feel instantly at home and attached.

- Tap fully into all none football revenue streams, ruthlessly - lead the market.

- Make this fantastic for our club and our city.

- Loose the Hillsborough name - though it will always have its strong rightful place in our clubs history - though sadly so many around the country, just associate the name firstly with tragedy.

- Poll for a new name for the ground - though maybe this would be commercially bought and a compromise fans would have to accept - If not I love The Steel Cauldron, or The Owl PIt.

Can this all be done ? YES

Other clubs have done it successfully. We ourselves have successfully relocated our home, overcoming extensive barriers at the time.

Whose gonna pay for it ? No idea, but that's not to say it can't / shouldn't / won't happen.

Onwards and upwards and think big.

UTO

• Like 1

The question of the stadium, renovate or renew, will not be taken till we are in the Prem league and have oodles of dosh.

Also will attract better financial deals for Renewing  from advertising, naming rights, shirt deals, TV money, sponsorships, plus if I remember, there will be grants based on the Environment impact of the Stadium and benefits to the Local residential area.

On 19/03/2018 at 11:05, Sheffnet said:

Off Smithy Wood Drive and Cowley Way, close to J35 of M1. Close to a DHL depot.

There's a huge block of land that is big enough to take a stadium, and to provide car parking.

Quick access to M1.

Station at Chapeltown or build a small platform where the line crosses Nether Lane.

image.png.d5c9b46536e13a566d77e325dbf3c951.png

image.png

Main issue is that site is all part of a steep hill.

6 hours ago, brazilowl said:

The Owl Pit ?

WTF

Why not.

Often hear club saying we need to make our home a fortress. This has a gladiatorial feel and also encompasses the owls and our historical South Yorkshire pit industry and not too unlike my other idea of The Steel Cauldron.

Its easy to slag - what's your idea ?

1 hour ago, BDM4nil said:

Why not.

Often hear club saying we need to make our home a fortress. This has a gladiatorial feel and also encompasses the owls and our historical South Yorkshire pit industry and not too unlike my other idea of The Steel Cauldron.

Its easy to slag - what's your idea ?

Hillsborough 

8 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

The question of the stadium, renovate or renew, will not be taken till we are in the Prem league and have oodles of dosh.

Also will attract better financial deals for Renewing  from advertising, naming rights, shirt deals, TV money, sponsorships, plus if I remember, there will be grants based on the Environment impact of the Stadium and benefits to the Local residential area.

Agreed mate , until the time comes we manage to reach the prem it will be sticking plasters and cosmetic bits and bobs only . 

On 18/03/2018 at 08:22, LoadABallacks said:

I’ve always said this. 

See if if we can swap land with the council and as part of it, build a top quality park to replace the existing one on the Old Hillsborough site. 

Pie in the sky stuff I know 

You do realise what issues this would cause with the tree huggers?