Embarrassing season

Everything that could go wrong,manager,mediocre signings, shirts,attendance,promotion,George Hirst, injuries, results,has destroyed what should of been a memorable season for everyone,  but at the end of the day we need to stick together and put this season (or what's left of it) behind us, hopefully we can sort this shambles out and get some credibility back, WAWAW???? 

When you realise we haven't beaten any team that currently sits beneath us in  the table (throw QPR in one place above us) and that's just an awful record. I seem to remember similar records against the bottom three even over the last two seasons when we were in the top 6. If you want to go up, putting the poor teams to the sword needs to be your bread and butter. You could see Bolton yesterday are a poor team and a good team would have filled their boots. The space Hunt was finding down the right should have been constantly taken advantage of but no one on the pitch or in the dugout seemed to grasp that. 

5 minutes ago, Sanchez_Jenks said:

The space Hunt was finding down the right should have been constantly taken advantage of but no one on the pitch or in the dugout seemed to grasp that. 

There were a couple at the match who would have, given the chance, TC and Tricky Trev. We don't have the quality of those two anymore, despite spending millions.

Edited by doubleo

3 minutes ago, doubleo said:

The space Hunt was finding down the right should have been constantly taken advantage of but no one on the pitch or in the dugout seemed to grasp that. 

I thought Hunt made the most of that space to deliver an array of poor balls to little effect. I'm certainly not singling him out, neither team offered much and it was a poor performance by us. It wasn't as bad as watching us getting dry bummed by Bristol or Birmingham but it's been a season of mainly comparing how poor we have been. Never mind stripes, we've got more shade's of grey than that film about that fella doing that lass up the wrong 'un.

52 minutes ago, Sanchez_Jenks said:

When you realise we haven't beaten any team that currently sits beneath us in  the table (throw QPR in one place above us) and that's just an awful record. I seem to remember similar records against the bottom three even over the last two seasons when we were in the top 6. If you want to go up, putting the poor teams to the sword needs to be your bread and butter. You could see Bolton yesterday are a poor team and a good team would have filled their boots. The space Hunt was finding down the right should have been constantly taken advantage of but no one on the pitch or in the dugout seemed to grasp that. 

Bolton are a poor team but so are Sheffield Wednesday . Hence the result 

That's not to mention the screens in the North which I only really noticed yesterday - they've gone and put marketing ads down the right hand side and along the bottom so that you can't even see where the ball is!!! So get in early folks - get ripped off for food and drink and watch the end of a half 12 kick off where for the most part you can't even see where the ball is. It's just insane.

Considering the level of expenditure on the squad, the level of expectation (realistic or not) and the subsequent results and displays...

This has to be the worst season I can recall in a long time. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Considering the level of expenditure on the squad, the level of expectation (realistic or not) and the subsequent results and displays...

This has to be the worst season I can recall in a long time. 

Could we pretend we were founded in 1868?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Just watching Forest v Derby.

How can Forest be 7 points above  us when they’re so rubbish.

Derby 24 points above us ??

What a season .

Its a low quality league this season. Cardiff aren’t that great but are looking good for automatic promotion. And the fact we are still 17th with only 2 wins in 21 matches says it all 

We just have to hope we can get our own house in order in the summer (making the right decisions) and that the standard stays the same next season 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wednesdaylip73 said:

Everything that could go wrong,manager,mediocre signings, shirts,attendance,promotion,George Hirst, injuries, results,has destroyed what should of been a memorable season for everyone,  but at the end of the day we need to stick together and put this season (or what's left of it) behind us, hopefully we can sort this shambles out and get some credibility back, WAWAW???? 

It's definitely been a memorable season, let's remember it as what happens when you think football owes you a result because of your history and the money you've spent. 

Let's put it behind us and look to the future and realise you've got to fight for every point next season as football, like life owes you nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Its a low quality league this season. Cardiff aren’t that great but are looking good for automatic promotion. And the fact we are still 17th with only 2 wins in 21 matches says it all 

We just have to hope we can get our own house in order in the summer (making the right decisions) and that the standard stays the same next season 

Got to hope we are doing it in this division first Southie.

But yea I agree..I couldn't believe how long that 7 point gap lasted...then went up to 8!

It really is a testament to how bad the bottom half of this league is