We have to banish this from the club at this time. As a younger man I can remember playing football with fear myself, as a fullback once you realise the the winger can beat you for pace you live in fear for the rest of the game.

The problem is you have now given the winger two advantages. His pace and your fear. There is only one thing you can do anything about and that's your own fear.

Our own fear, and anger, is transmitting to the players via Radio, Social Media. Ultimately this comes into the stadium and transmits directly onto the pitch, if the players have not already been effected by the first two factors directly.

We've got to reality check the situation. We've been dealt a bad hand one again, but we've all got to have calm nerves now. It would be nice to win on Saturday against Bolton, but we may not. They've beaten us already this season twice already. On the plus side, I saw Rhodes score two at the Macron in the Cup game, after the game was lost and we reverted to route one. (Who said the game has moved on from Jordan Rhodes?)

Remember there are a number of other clubs in meltdown at this present time. Its now a question of who can keep their calm and hold their hand.

Hopefully we have the advantage of a number of "new signings" returning from the Injury Truck over the coming weeks. This may not be the case, so lets believe in the current bunch of players. (We all know their faults). Lets believe they will learn by their mistakes. Lets believe Jos will be a positive influence to the players on the training ground. Jos obviously doesn't believe that trying to direct the game from the touch line like Carlos did is the right thing to do. I am inclined to agree. Once the players cross the line we need them to show intelligence and take responsibility.

We have ten games, and our own fate will still be in our own hands even if we lose on Saturday. Go with no expectation and only hope, and try and keep a lid on the anger and fear. It wont help. We've been there many times before.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

• Like 1

I'd like to see Jos get to field a side chosen from a full strength squad but I don't think he'll last that long.

I think we'll survive (luckily there are 3 other teams slightly more abominable than we are) but will need a change in managerial direction.

Discipline, motivation, fitness and attacking mentality from a manager with Championship credentials.

I'm tired and drained of this, the players aren't giving there all (most of them) on the pitch, the management are making mistakes week in week out. 

I'm done this season, I am not wasting my time anymore. Will I renew next season? No not at the moment. First time in 30 years. I'm prepared to wait and see what happens in the coming months and summer and pay that extra if needs be but only if I see that Chansiri is wanting to get this club back on track.

The above also get goes for another 12 season ticket holders. 

Sad times.

I didn't want to go last night...WTF is that about, usually i cant wait wait to get down to the ground. I went anyway and now i don't want to go on Saturday.

I think it probably comes from the fact we saw a glimpse of a return to being great again and now it has been cruelly ripped from under us in our celebration year. In many ways we are no better off than we were last time we were relegated.

2 hours ago, s8owl75 said:

We have to banish this from the club at this time. As a younger man I can remember playing football with fear myself, as a fullback once you realise the the winger can beat you for pace you live in fear for the rest of the game.

The problem is you have now given the winger two advantages. His pace and your fear. There is only one thing you can do anything about and that's your own fear.

Our own fear, and anger, is transmitting to the players via Radio, Social Media. Ultimately this comes into the stadium and transmits directly onto the pitch, if the players have not already been effected by the first two factors directly.

We've got to reality check the situation. We've been dealt a bad hand one again, but we've all got to have calm nerves now. It would be nice to win on Saturday against Bolton, but we may not. They've beaten us already this season twice already. On the plus side, I saw Rhodes score two at the Macron in the Cup game, after the game was lost and we reverted to route one. (Who said the game has moved on from Jordan Rhodes?)

Remember there are a number of other clubs in meltdown at this present time. Its now a question of who can keep their calm and hold their hand.

Hopefully we have the advantage of a number of "new signings" returning from the Injury Truck over the coming weeks. This may not be the case, so lets believe in the current bunch of players. (We all know their faults). Lets believe they will learn by their mistakes. Lets believe Jos will be a positive influence to the players on the training ground. Jos obviously doesn't believe that trying to direct the game from the touch line like Carlos did is the right thing to do. I am inclined to agree. Once the players cross the line we need them to show intelligence and take responsibility.

We have ten games, and our own fate will still be in our own hands even if we lose on Saturday. Go with no expectation and only hope, and try and keep a lid on the anger and fear. It wont help. We've been there many times before.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

Excellent post. Having played various sports and also now being involved in coaching an amateur football team, I find the psychology side of sport fascinating.  It’s very easy to understand fans frustrations with our current predicament, but the harsh reality is performances on the pitch won’t be improved by the anger and anxiety washing onto the pitch from the terraces.  Fear does have a huge impact on performance in any sport and the best coaches seem to know how to build confidence and belief. 

The season is all about survival now, so at least there’s plenty to fight and remain focused for. If we were doing so badly with a full strength squad the frustration would be more understandable, but in fairness our team currently seems to be held together with sticking plaster.  If ever there was a time to get behind the club and remember WAWAW it’s now.

• Thanks 1

Guest Maxine

I'd love to see everyone behind the team on Saturday, singing and cheering them on like we have in the past maybe it could help.  I'd like to see if it could. 

Maybe that’s how some people think. 

FEAR

Then hideaway.

When I played against quality strikers I saw it as a CHALLENGE. 

As a keeper it would raise my game. In training too. I’d want to be the one having the last laugh when shaking their hand after the match.

Really hate to say it but too many bottlers and cowards in our team.

To lighten the mood back in the 90's my cousin from time to time used to get a game with the Owls reserves when they were short on numbers.

He has been telling this story for 25 years now and he was playing this one game and Chris Woods was coming back from injury and Nigel was a full back and any fans old enough know Chris Woods was a great shot stopped cut crosses where not his strong point so before the game he got both full backs in the changing room and told them when the winger attacks push him in field to stop him getting to the byline and crossing as he would rather have a shot to stop that a difficult cross from the byline.

As luck would have it 5 minutes in the winger comes down the left and Nige pushes him in field so not to go down the wing and cross from the byline, the winger lets rip from 25 yards and pings it in the top corner- Nige never got ask to make up the numbers in the reserves again. WTF:

FUD is infectious. 

When I go on Saturday I'm gonna try and only be positive. Its so easy to Moan and complain at a match but they need our support now more than ever. 

We have to get behind them on Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Fantastic expectations
Amazing revelations
Final execution and resurrection
Free expression as revolution
Finding everything and realizing

We've definitely got the FEAR, Chris Wilder new it before the last Derby game. That's why they played it at Bramall Lane before the match.

We've got to get rid of the FEAR and start believing again. There is a long road to where we want to get too, but there is a way back.

Adopt the Nigel Worthington school of FEAR.

One chance to put Lee Sharpe into the South Stand in the first 5 minutes and risk a booking if necessary....

Nothing to worry about for 85 minutes.

A consistent 7/10 performer is way better than a 9/10 one week and 3/10 for 9 weeks on the spin.

If you see effort, endeavour and a bit odd fight out on the pitch, it transfers to the pitch, we need the players to step up and come out and battle, get stuck in and give it their all and we the fans will follow in spirit and voice, If we see Jones, Butterfield and boyd, reach too to an extent at times come ambling out and wandering around not getting stuck in pulling out of challenges or chasing a so called lost cause or two,not giving the effort it's very hard to cheer them on. Yes the fans need to be positive, but it's a swinging door, the players need to show that fight and will too, so we bounce off of each other.