They are fuc*ing professional footballers for crying out loud !!!!

The only passion I saw last night was Rhodes having a right go at Reach over a free kick in the first half, when everyone went up for it, only for Reach to shoot wide from 30 yards.

You cannot expect fans to get behind the team, when they are witnessing dross, week in week out. If you performed poorly at work with that regularity, would you not expect to get some criticism from your colleagues and management? 

Too much is made of the players fraility and being unable to perform when the crowd are on their back. Tell you what players, put some effort, determination, enthusiasm and belief in your play and win the fans back that way. You will get supported then.

30 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

The fans let the team down last night.

We all know the players are mentally weak, we didn't help.

Fair enough we will not bother coming on Saturday. They can just put all games on the TV and we can watch at home. Then they can knock down the stadium and they can play at the training ground and sell the land and make a fortune. Sort FFP and just stop fans going at all. Them stupid bloody fans turning up and watching us play, what a pain they are.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, clud17 said:

I didn't want to go last night...WTF is that about, usually i cant wait wait to get down to the ground. I went anyway and now i don't want to go on Saturday.

I think it probably comes from the fact we saw a glimpse of a return to being great again and now it has been cruelly ripped from under us in our celebration year. In many ways we are no better off than we were last time we were relegated.

We've got to move on. There was an Illusion of success, but we never looked like winning the league and never looked like beating the beat teams in the Championship toe to toe. 

I want to see us win the league. That's real success. That's not going to happen over night. 

For the next ten games we've got to accept our limitations and believe they will get better, step by step. 

8 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Excellent post. Having played various sports and also now being involved in coaching an amateur football team, I find the psychology side of sport fascinating.  It’s very easy to understand fans frustrations with our current predicament, but the harsh reality is performances on the pitch won’t be improved by the anger and anxiety washing onto the pitch from the terraces.  Fear does have a huge impact on performance in any sport and the best coaches seem to know how to build confidence and belief. 

The season is all about survival now, so at least there’s plenty to fight and remain focused for. If we were doing so badly with a full strength squad the frustration would be more understandable, but in fairness our team currently seems to be held together with sticking plaster.  If ever there was a time to get behind the club and remember WAWAW it’s now.

Spot On. Our Support is needed now more than ever. 

8 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

I'm tired and drained of this, the players aren't giving there all (most of them) on the pitch, the management are making mistakes week in week out. 

I'm done this season, I am not wasting my time anymore. Will I renew next season? No not at the moment. First time in 30 years. I'm prepared to wait and see what happens in the coming months and summer and pay that extra if needs be but only if I see that Chansiri is wanting to get this club back on track.

The above also get goes for another 12 season ticket holders. 

Sad times.

I’m the same 

Im waiting it out until the summer, same goes for my dad

The amount of embarrassments we have had to endure since last May is unprecedented. The club has literally got NOTHING right since then*

* apart from the Wednesday pale ale which is f**king awesome 

I've never booed a player when at the game. Have booed occasionally at half time and the end of matches to voice my displeasure but during the game the team have my complete support as there really is no point getting on the players' backs during the game, it simply isn't productive. Also, outside of match day I do try and be constructive in criticism if singling out players. I don't think being nasty or attacking them verbally on social media etc is productive either, as they'll take that fear into the game. I think there is a little more leeway in criticising the team as a whole as it doesn't impact on individuals in isolation; collectively they can shoulder the criticism and do something about it - that's why I think voicing our displeasure at half time and full time is okay.

7 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I’m the same 

Im waiting it out until the summer, same goes for my dad

The amount of embarrassments we have had to endure since last May is unprecedented. The club has literally got NOTHING right since then*

* apart from the Wednesday pale ale which is f**king awesome 

Look forward to the Wednesday Pale Ale then. Jos can't take credit for it though, just as he can't take credit for the squad and the injury list. 

Why does each manager we have bang on and on about needing the fans behind them...its because wednesday fans/sheffielders are great when things are going well but when things get tough they can turn on players after a couple of dodgy performances..

Ive heard ex players call us demanding as fans..and even seen the north stand losing their collective sht when darren purse misplaced two back passes..i thought he was going to get lynched..and what did the sarcastic chants acheive last night..damm we had just scored..i think some people put too much emphasis on football making them happy when it rarely happens like that and get mardy..add to that paying more money to get in and they get like demanding kids...nothing gets as poisonous as hillsbrough when things are falling apart..so people get desperate and think they can change things..but im really not sure they are going to help the players perform..players know when theyve had a bad game and dont need some wee pipe and their kids shouting abuse at them.

9 hours ago, clud17 said:

I didn't want to go last night...WTF is that about, usually i cant wait wait to get down to the ground. I went anyway and now i don't want to go on Saturday.

I think it probably comes from the fact we saw a glimpse of a return to being great again and now it has been cruelly ripped from under us in our celebration year. In many ways we are no better off than we were last time we were relegated.

I am afraid that I have to agree with your second paragraph. I remember that last match in 2010 very well and in many respects, in spite of all the money we are in a similar position and feeling lower because we have been so close to PL. 

And the atmosphere at Hillsborough is worse at the moment than it was then. Jos, pick the team who seem to care, if they give their all even if they are not the best, the crowd will support them. 

18 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Why does each manager we have bang on and on about needing the fans behind them...its because wednesday fans/sheffielders are great when things are going well but when things get tough they can turn on players after a couple of dodgy performances..

Ive heard ex players call us demanding as fans..and even seen the north stand losing their collective sht when darren purse misplaced two back passes..i thought he was going to get lynched..and what did the sarcastic chants acheive last night..damm we had just scored..i think some people put too much emphasis on football making them happy when it rarely happens like that and get mardy..add to that paying more money to get in and they get like demanding kids...nothing gets as poisonous as hillsbrough when things are falling apart..so people get desperate and think they can change things..but im really not sure they are going to help the players perform..players know when theyve had a bad game and dont need some wee pipe and their kids shouting abuse at them.

Spot on, when you buy a ticket to go to Hillsborough, you're rarely buying a ticket to happiness. Don't go and buy a ticket to anger either. 

I'm not saying applaud a player for consistently giving way the ball. We've got to accept that if Loovens is playing its going to happen. Fox to. They know what's acceptable and what's not. Jos knows who's good enough for next year also.

We've got to write this season off. Hold our nerve and wish them all the best for the last ten games. 

I've been mad as hell during and after games at Hillsborough this year. Things have changed, but it's a long road back to get to the level we were at. 

Things are unlikely to click into place on Saturday. Fear and Anger aren't going going to help a poor situation  either.  

9 hours ago, Maxine said:

I'd love to see everyone behind the team on Saturday, singing and cheering them on like we have in the past maybe it could help.  I'd like to see if it could. 

If you can do that great. I'm not even asking for that, just that the negativity on the radio and on here has to stop before we make a very difficult situation impossible. 

I generally applaud every well placed pass. Every timed tackle or clearance, or when I can see someone's busted a gut to get back and make a tackle. 

Ultimately the players have got to get their own heads right, but let's give them a chance to do so. 

Let's remember they aren't all first team regulars, some of them are only kids. 

I honestly thought we did ok in the first half and we were confused at all the booing at half time..was it palmers misplaced pass a minute before or people just losing their sht?

Second half we were just beaten by a marginally better team..under gray we would have just shrugged it off..now the toys have come out of the pram AGAIN.

Look i get it if youve travelled all the way to bristol in the snow and youve had to see them lose 4-0..but some of the chavs carrying that over to a close home game vs ipswich is pathetic..

It's obvious the players are playing with fear, they are treating the ball like a hot potato not wanting to make a mistake that gets the fans on their back.

I don't even think some of the players are showing for the ball, this is so evident when Joao and Nuhiu win th ball and there is no one (Reach apart) showing for the ball.

Rhodes free kick agains Swansea summed it up for me, floated into the keepers arms rather than taking a risk.

Guest Maxine
3 hours ago, s8owl75 said:

If you can do that great. I'm not even asking for that, just that the negativity on the radio and on here has to stop before we make a very difficult situation impossible. 

I generally applaud every well placed pass. Every timed tackle or clearance, or when I can see someone's busted a gut to get back and make a tackle. 

Ultimately the players have got to get their own heads right, but let's give them a chance to do so. 

Let's remember they aren't all first team regulars, some of them are only kids. 

People will slag them off when they're playing garbage though.  I just meant if we could show them we are behind them on Saturday maybe it could help gee them up a bit. 

8 hours ago, Maxine said:

People will slag them off when they're playing garbage though.  I just meant if we could show them we are behind them on Saturday maybe it could help gee them up a bit. 

In all fairness, I'm inclined to agree with them. You've paid your money so you have a right to voice an opinion. I've done it myself during and after games. Save it till full time, if you really have too. 

Certainly we've got to the encourage the members of the team who are playing well, for playing well. Its rarely black and white.

My main concern is we have to put this negativity behind us before and during the matches as its not going to help in the next ten games, which are life of death.

Guest Maxine
43 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

In all fairness, I'm inclined to agree with them. You've paid your money so you have a right to voice an opinion. I've done it myself during and after games. Save it till full time, if you really have too. 

Certainly we've got to the encourage the members of the team who are playing well, for playing well. Its rarely black and white.

My main concern is we have to put this negativity behind us before and during the matches as its not going to help in the next ten games, which are life of death.

I agree I think they need criticising when they play awful and get paid what they do but yes it should be done afterwards. 

On 3/7/2018 at 13:36, s6 owl said:

Always the fans fault. We don’t make them put no effort in do we?

FFS.

Read what I put again...

1-1 and the crowd went full on with the sarcasm, funny yes but I'd prefer the team to stay up so we can attempt to put things right in the summer.

Not to mention the booing of individual players.

We all know that some of the players playing right now aren't good enough but short term negativity isn't going to help.

If we go down, those are the only players we will be keep so, think on...

In 30+ years I have been watching Wednesday we have always seemed to buy mentally weak players.

There are times to make your opinions heard and there are times when not to.

Now, during a game is not one of them, we just need to get some points on the board then boo all you want.