3 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

In 30+ years I have been watching Wednesday we have always seemed to buy mentally weak players

I don't think that's the case. I think any player that gets abuse during a game is going to be affected mentally. All ex-professional footballers say that fans booing and abusing their own players during a game and subjecting them to abuse etc on social media afterwards does nothing but help the opposition.

6 hours ago, Owl Be Back said:

I don't think that's the case. I think any player that gets abuse during a game is going to be affected mentally. All ex-professional footballers say that fans booing and abusing their own players during a game and subjecting them to abuse etc on social media afterwards does nothing but help the opposition.

Yes probably true, in which case the fans need to realise that negativity during a game will only make things worse, especially during the games we have now that could define the club for the next 5 years.

1 minute ago, Malkmus said:

Yes probably true, in which case the fans need to realise that negativity during a game will only make things worse, especially during the games we have now that could define the club for the next 5 years.

THIS .

OK some may not be playing well.

Some may as a result be $hit scared of their next possible mistake, and the crowd reaction.

However the club needs results to survive - full stop.

Whether the players are your choice or not, it's them playing the 90 minutes so get behind them.

On 07/03/2018 at 11:23, jonesy87shef said:

Maybe that’s how some people think. 

FEAR

Then hideaway.

When I played against quality strikers I saw it as a CHALLENGE. 

As a keeper it would raise my game. In training too. I’d want to be the one having the last laugh when shaking their hand after the match.

Really hate to say it but too many bottlers and cowards in our team.

Maybe it's just fear?