Bullet after Bolton?

18 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Wasn't the points gap to the bottom three, the same as it is now?

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read that somewhere the other day.

Just because we as fans didn't perceive us to be in a relegation scrap...doesn't mean it wasn't a possibility. 

EDIT

Just had a look:

When Luhukay took over, we were only 6 points off the bottom three. 

If we weren't in a relegation scrap then, we certainly are now. 

Re edited for you :)

My point is I don’t believe anyone thought we would be in a relegation scrap when he was appointed.

I do believe looking at his results he has been a disaster, compare his results with Stuart Grays, we have the same drab football without getting the points that Gray got.

Doubt it he's here as an interim manager till May. Just to keep us ticking over and hopefully not get relagated, then we can look around at the end of the season for a full time replacement long term. 

Dc panicked after Carlos did a midnight flit and left the office bear and bullen said he wasn't a manager and not up to the job till the end of the season. 

Like it or lump it, I think we've got the guy realistically till May, so may as well just try and get behind him. 

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

So we should clap them no matter what and tell them they are doing a splendid job. 2 WINS IN 20 LEAGUE GAMES! They arent little kids they are professional football players that are paid a hell of a lot of money, all this mollycoddling is pathetic. 

Agree with much of your post....no team has ever been jeered to success tho.

FFS.

1 hour ago, OzOwl said:

Re edited for you :)

My point is I don’t believe anyone thought we would be in a relegation scrap when he was appointed.

I do believe looking at his results he has been a disaster, compare his results with Stuart Grays, we have the same drab football without getting the points that Gray got.

But you can't just decide we're in a relegation scrap, because you don't like the manager. 

Relegation is decided by points. The fewer you have, the more likely you are to go down.

The fact is...statistically (and that is how relegation is decided), we were more likely to go down when Luhukay took over, than we are now. We were closer to the bottom three points wise, and had more games remaining to be caught. 

21 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Surely - if we lose this weekend, Jos will be given the bullet?

Cant survive this mess - performances are poor and we’re shipping goals

I concur. It feels like you’ve been neg’d many a time for your ‘chat’, on this occasion, from me at least, you’re spot on.

Now we’re back shipping goals and look lost on the pitch, you have to question what Jos has in his locker. Especially with his own recent comments about player morale. 

4 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Because both Pudil and Joao were carrying knocks. Venancio also.

That's why.

It was well publicised beforehand. He stated it in the pre match press conference.

Why choose to ignore that information to needlessly criticise Jos' selection?!

Because his team selections are bizarre at best. Carrying a knock but in the bench and soon brought on at half time yet others carry knocks and you don’t see them for 3 weeks.

I don’t needlessly criticise a manager who has 1 win in 10, i justifiably criticise him. 

There’s a difference. 

No point in dismissing Jos. It will be a knee jerk reaction, no planning whatsoever for a suitable (long term) replacement and we know that Lee Bullen is not up to it as he made that clear for the three weeks between Carlos and Jos. 

So the reality is that losing Jos will make it worse. It’s too late to make a change now unless  Chansiri has been doing some serious research and homework since 24 December. Do you think he has?

21 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

How can people criticise the team selection?

Jos literally has NO OTHER players to pick?!?

I don't want Fox starting either but its either him or some kid form the academy who has never played a professional game.

Clare, Thornily are both carry knocks otherwise they would have probably played or at least have been on the bench.

Jos is in a horrible spot, you can't really blame him for it all going wrong when he's trying to do the best he can with a severely depleted squad.

However 5 losses in a row speaks for its self and if we lose vs Bolton on Saturday LLLLLL over the last 6 and 2 wins in 21...you've seen people go for much less.

THE BIG question for me is WHY did we bring in a manager who has no experience in relegation scraps or English football to rescue our season when we have so many long term injuries to key first team players? The club must have known we were going to be without almost the entire first XI for a long time and should have acted much better.

IMO some idiot of the Steve Evans mould on a short term contact would have been a better option. Somebody with experience to come in and motivate the squad to get a few big results then we do a proper rebuild in the summer? 

I still don't think we'll go down because teams like Sunderland & Burton are laughably bad but we're only safe by 7 points. If we carry on not winning and leaking goals those final 5 games of the season could be a real struggle. 

not convinced that appointing a manager who's experienced in relegation scraps is the way to go ......

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Because his team selections are bizarre at best. Carrying a knock but in the bench and soon brought on at half time yet others carry knocks and you don’t see them for 3 weeks.

I don’t needlessly criticise a manager who has 1 win in 10, i justifiably criticise him. 

There’s a difference. 

I can accept fans criticising Jos for certain things. 

But to blame him for managing players who are carrying knocks and have been forced to play a game every 3 days for the past 6 weeks, is unfair and unwarranted. 

Like i say, I’m not defending Jos and the job he’s doing. I’ve doubts over his ability to lead the club forward. But some of the things posted on here, is ridiculous. 

Next itll be his fault the pitch isn’t looking great, or the advertising boards are too bright. 

5 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Usually I'd respond with a suicidal meme, but honestly, I'm not AS devastated with the idea of your God being in charge as it stands.

The Cult grows in influence and makes sense as our situation worsens. 

garymegson