Bullet after Bolton?

I fully expect Bolton to turn us over on Saturday, they've already beaten us twice this season. Haven't made my mind up whether DC will pull the trigger afterwards, on the whole I think probably not given how tortuous Carlos' departure was.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

5 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I fully expect Bolton to turn us over on Saturday, they've already beaten us twice this season. Haven't made my mind up whether DC will pull the trigger afterwards, on the whole I think probably not given how tortuous Carlos' departure was.

CC walked , effectively

While it is absolutely poor.

Jos will be absolutely sure.

That traditional 4-4-2 players, can not fit his 5-3-2 philosphy. 

Seeking a change in management, will be cheaper than seeking 10+ new players. 

The saviours, returning from injury, won't have a clue how to click in this formation. 

Tom Lees didn't look comfortable covering RB, when Palmer bombed forward like a clueless chicken on speed.

Even our top man Adam Reach took his foot off the gas today. 

Just end this season already

How can people criticise the team selection?

Jos literally has NO OTHER players to pick?!?

I don't want Fox starting either but its either him or some kid form the academy who has never played a professional game.

Clare, Thornily are both carry knocks otherwise they would have probably played or at least have been on the bench.

Jos is in a horrible spot, you can't really blame him for it all going wrong when he's trying to do the best he can with a severely depleted squad.

However 5 losses in a row speaks for its self and if we lose vs Bolton on Saturday LLLLLL over the last 6 and 2 wins in 21...you've seen people go for much less.

THE BIG question for me is WHY did we bring in a manager who has no experience in relegation scraps or English football to rescue our season when we have so many long term injuries to key first team players? The club must have known we were going to be without almost the entire first XI for a long time and should have acted much better.

IMO some idiot of the Steve Evans mould on a short term contact would have been a better option. Somebody with experience to come in and motivate the squad to get a few big results then we do a proper rebuild in the summer? 

I still don't think we'll go down because teams like Sunderland & Burton are laughably bad but we're only safe by 7 points. If we carry on not winning and leaking goals those final 5 games of the season could be a real struggle. 

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

The saviours, returning from injury, won't have a clue how to click in this formation. 

Tom Lees didn't look comfortable covering RB, when Palmer bombed forward like a clueless chicken on speed.

I said on here before Jos came in, that changing to 3 at the back is not a simple transition. I don't know what the best way forward for this season is right now, to keep it or change, given a lot of effort will have been put into it and we don't have much time left to turn things around.

I'm not advocating sacking Jos, he's had an uphill battle since he took over, but I just cannot see how our players, either existing fit ones, or those who come back into the side, are going to win anything with the current setup and the current squad.

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Thought this was going to be a nice little poem when I started reading it

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

I don't want Fox starting either but its either him or some kid form the academy who has never played a professional game.

Clare, Thornily are both carry knocks otherwise they would have probably played or at least have been on the bench.

Jos is in a horrible spot, you can't really blame him for it all going wrong when he's trying to do the best he can with a severely depleted squad.

However 5 losses in a row speaks for its self and if we lose vs Bolton on Saturday LLLLLL over the last 6 and 2 wins in 21...you've seen people go for much less.

THE BIG question for me is WHY did we bring in a manager who has no experience in relegation scraps or English football to rescue our season when we have so many long term injuries to key first team players? The club must have known we were going to be without almost the entire first XI for a long time and should have acted much better.

IMO some idiot of the Steve Evans mould on a short term contact would have been a better option. Somebody with experience to come in and motivate the squad to get a few big results then we do a proper rebuild in the summer? 

I still don't think we'll go down because teams like Sunderland & Burton are laughably bad but we're only safe by 7 points. If we carry on not winning and leaking goals those final 5 games of the season could be a real struggle. 

Talked about a fast start yet left João on the bench - if he can do 45, let him do the first 45. 

Jones and Butterfield together does not work. Yet he plays it again.

Wildsmith needs a rest and taking out of the firing line

We played zero strikers against Millwall.

He randomly threw in Stobbs, and randomly dropped Clare

We wanted to protect players from injury yet made no subs against Villa

Joao needs regular breaks yet played 75 mins of a sure defeat at Bristol 

We made 1 sub against Ipswich, and 1 enforced change at half time v Bristol

Yes, the injuries are rough, but there’s also been a lot of strange choices

Guest Bulgaria
8 minutes ago, Nath83 said:

Jos inherited a horrible position and we knew he'd be playing with the 'B' squad for most of the season, but he's not doing himself any favours at the min. 

B squad beat derby though. So they are capable. So why do we keep losing.

Tactics.

4 hours ago, osowl said:

I said on here before Jos came in, that changing to 3 at the back is not a simple transition. I don't know what the best way forward for this season is right now, to keep it or change, given a lot of effort will have been put into it and we don't have much time left to turn things around.

I'm not advocating sacking Jos, he's had an uphill battle since he took over, but I just cannot see how our players, either existing fit ones, or those who come back into the side, are going to win anything with the current setup and the current squad.

People said the same before Stuart Gray shot us up the league after dodgy Dave had wrecked us. 

I'd like to know what his plan or vision for how he wants the players to play.

First few games I thought it was obvious, stay organised keep it tight and grind out a result. I could understand that with the players we have available.

But now we are all over the place, no defensive stability, toothless in attack, too many changes from one game to another as well as sticking with players that clearly offer nothing!

He needs to go, but am not sure who we could bring in who would guarantee us staying up!

6 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

You can criticise the fact that Joao effectively played left midfield on Saturday (a complete waste of time) and therefore was deemed not fit enough to start tonight.

You can criticise playing 3 centre backs tonight when the distribution  of Lees and Loovens is not up to playing in that system.

You can criticise playing Loovens at all on that performance.

You can criticise playing Jones and Butterfield in the same midfield when (as far as we know) Clare and Abdi are fully fit and available

You can criticise not throwing caution to the wind in the last few minutes and sticking one of Lees/Loovens up front to cause a but of confusion, rather than having Wildsmith, Lees and Loovens all fetching the same clearances to pass it between themselves as we've no options to aim at because the opposition have all retreated and are outnumbering us.

You can criticise the one player left on the bench with any attacking value (Preston) not being sent to warm up with Pulepessy and Venancio with 15 mins left, and then (when those 2 have been  sat down because we've gone behind and there's nothing to hang on to) being told to warm up on 85 mins and then not actually putting him in the pitch.

So yeah, you can criticise.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91