Bullet after Bolton?

8 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

I'm hoping he goes before then. Anyone picking Butterfield, Fox, Rhodes or loovens right now needs to get medication or serious help

Who the hell is he suppose to play?

Im sure Jos would prefer not to play those players, but he hasn’t got much choice at the minute. 

Last night, we had these players injured, not match fit or carrying knocks:

Westwood, Hunt, Van Aken, Thorniley, Venancio, Pudil, Hutchinson, Bannan, Lee, Wallace, Abdi, Joao, Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Matias, Hirst. 

I know now it’s boring, repeating the same thing, week after week. 

But its what Jos has to deal with. He’s working with both his hands tied behind his back. 

Has he made the job more difficult for himself? Yes, I believe he has. Not playing U23s in consecutive games, changing shape at Bristol to play Joao left midfield. Playing without strikers at Millwall. 

But you cant beat him with a stick lamenting his decision to play certain players. His hand is forced. 

Guest addedtime
7 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Just end this season already

Following the Owls from America are we?

I don't think he will get the bullet but it cant be denied that some of his selections have been odd

He really cant be judged without,  lets face it,  his first team but we don't have time to mess around, sooner we get those points and its probably only another 6 or 7 the better

My gripe was this was really a left field (as the yanks call it) appointment and we needed fresh blood in the window, look at forest, Karanka went in and wheeled and dealed , traded some players and they're sorted, suppose we didn't have anyone to trade that was the issue there. But he knew the league and players required, this guy doesn't and never would have. Like it or not its not what you know but who you know in any business and footy is no different.

We're in a  big hole at the moment not sure if we can make it out.

I don't think he'll get the boot. He's more likely to resign as he has done previously.

Think he'll be around til the end of the season, at which point we need a warrior of a manager with Championship experience instead of taking a chance on "successful" foreign acquisitions.

Think if we lose on Saturday the crowd might make his position untenable.

You could feel some of the crowd ready to turn last night. Was surprised it wasn't more when 2nd goal went in although most of the boo boys started to leave.

Always think you should always encourage the team until the final whistle and then boo afterwards if played poorly.

11 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

I'm hoping he goes before then. Anyone picking Butterfield, Fox, Rhodes or loovens right now needs to get medication or serious help

Any chance he'd given up on last night before the match started and was saving players for Saturday? Horrible idea if it is what was done but resting Pudil, Venancio, Joao etc doesn't make sense unless you're resting them for something

11 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

WHo else he gunna play we’ve got 14 our injured he’s only got them players available to him at the moment. Eff me cmon other than juniors who else is available he has to play what he has at his disposal end of or we will be playing 5 a side 

9 hours ago, Morepork said:

JL will not be sacked, he signed a contract which guarantees his job until he receives a suitable offer from a Welsh Premier League club. We are offering it as standard these days!! 

TNR or Airbus UK would be his level

I don't agree on the what else could he done or what team could he have picked.

Pudil is a better CB than Loovens now. Was it official that Clare had a knock? What's the latest on Thorniley?

Why didn't Joao start? Why no9 further subs after half time? Why after finally getting fit after 18 months did Abdi not start ahead of Butterfield or Jones? A 3 million pound ex PL player can't get a game in this side.

Sorry this isn't the Bundesliga 2. Out of his depth.

12 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Surely - if we lose this weekend, Jos will be given the bullet?

Cant survive this mess - performances are poor and we’re shipping goals

He should be gone now. He's taking us down. Ten games left to avoid absolute financial disaster and years in the abyss. 3 wins and a couple of draws needed. Meggo is a no brainer for me for a immediate bounce. If not him then someone who knows what they are doing at this level.

Some of our fans are absolutely foooking thick. 

From the toe rag  that sat and watched PSG v Real on the Kop on his phone last night , only looking up to call our players w@nkers to the fools that want Jos sacked before he has any chance to pick a team that can compete. 

I am am baffled as to what they think he’s supposed to do.  

16 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Pudil is a better CB than Loovens now. Was it official that Clare had a knock? What's the latest on Thorniley?

Why didn't Joao start? Why no9 further subs after half time? Why after finally getting fit after 18 months did Abdi not start ahead of Butterfield or Jones? A 3 million pound ex PL player can't get a game in this side.

Pudil and Joao both picked up knocks at Bristol and were doubtful before last nights game.

We would struggle in Bundesliga 2, its a strong league, attendances are higher than championship.

Edited by bradowl

14 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Perhaps. Just perhaps Jos isn’t an idiot and has more info on why those players didn’t feature. Perhaps Joao wasn’t 100%. Perhaps Pudil was still suffering from the knock we were told  about the day before ? Perhaps some of the players on the bench were there to make up numbers due to injuries. 

9 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

From the toe rag  that sat and watched PSG v Real on the Kop on his phone last night , only looking up to call our players w@nkers to the fools that want Jos sacked before he has any chance to pick a team that can compete. 

Motivating the flippingplayers would be a start, send them out on the pitch to attack and look like they care. A bit of passion from him wouldnt go a miss either instead of just sitting expressionless. 

1 minute ago, Vaughan said:

I have an idea pick your best team Available if they don't last the full match then sub them off

Best team Available

Wildsmith

Lees/Veancio/Pudil

Pelupessy/Clare

Boyd/Abdi/Reach

Joao/Rhodes

Playing a 3-5-2 not a 5-3-2 as that just invites the other team to pin you into your own half, not playing the ball across the back line until the other team nicks it and has a shot or worse scores. Not playing players out of position like a left winger playing central midfield when surely playing him on the wing in a 5 man midfield would create space and maybe even lead to having the extra man in the middle. Not to mention those two blokes stood up the other end of the pitch waiting for any service could have maybe a few crosses and a chance to get one of those goals things.

Any attacking threat in the first 30 minutes like other teams that try to put the ball in the net to win games.

What I have seen in 8 league from Jos, hes a man who does not have a clue what formation to play, which players to play, how to play them, what to do to chance a game, last night perfect example we equalise we should have put Abdi, Pelupessy on and gone for the win instead we sit back and give away a silly free kick on the edge of our own box and shortly after concede again.

Yes the players are not playing with confidence would you be on the run we have been on, it is up to the man in charge to find away to get them fighting for the cause and trying to get us out of this mess. He slates Clare for making a mistake then he doesn't even make the 18 last night, if like others saying above players may just be on the bench to make up numbers and not fit where are the players that are fit and not being picked - let me guess they cannot play twice in a week but managed it 3 times a week when out on loan at Gillingham.

I am going to say it if this guy is still in charge come the Norwich game we will be playing our next game in League 1 as I don't see anything changing from now to the end of the season unless Fessi get fit and saves us from the drop because Jos certainly won't. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Motivating the flippingplayers would be a start, send them out on the pitch to attack and look like they care. A bit of passion from him wouldnt go a miss either instead of just sitting expressionless. 

They are scared to death of the flipping mouth breathers in the stands that berate them at every given opportunity. Jos said they are lacking confidence yet our “fans” expect whatever team we put out to be of the same quality as our best 11 and boo heckle, deride and slag off when they don’t perform. 

I dont want to go on Saturday.  Not because of the team. Because of our fans. 

Just now, room0035 said:

I have an idea pick your best team Available if they don't last the full match then sub them off

Best team Available

Wildsmith

Lees/Veancio/Pudil

Pelupessy/Clare

Boyd/Abdi/Reach

Joao/Rhodes

Playing a 3-5-2 not a 5-3-2 as that just invites the other team to pin you into your own half, not playing the ball across the back line until the other team nicks it and has a shot or worse scores. Not playing players out of position like a left winger playing central midfield when surely playing him on the wing in a 5 man midfield would create space and maybe even lead to having the extra man in the middle. Not to mention those two blokes stood up the other end of the pitch waiting for any service could have maybe a few crosses and a chance to get one of those goals things.

Any attacking threat in the first 30 minutes like other teams that try to put the ball in the net to win games.

What I have seen in 8 league from Jos, hes a man who does not have a clue what formation to play, which players to play, how to play them, what to do to chance a game, last night perfect example we equalise we should have put Abdi, Pelupessy on and gone for the win instead we sit back and give away a silly free kick on the edge of our own box and shortly after concede again.

Yes the players are not playing with confidence would you be on the run we have been on, it is up to the man in charge to find away to get them fighting for the cause and trying to get us out of this mess. He slates Clare for making a mistake then he doesn't even make the 18 last night, if like others saying above players may just be on the bench to make up numbers and not fit where are the players that are fit and not being picked - let me guess they cannot play twice in a week but managed it 3 times a week when out on loan at Gillingham.

I am going to say it if this guy is still in charge come the Norwich game we will be playing our next game in League 1 as I don't see anything changing from now to the end of the season unless Fessi get fit and saves us from the drop because Jos certainly won't. 

You are not getting it are you ? 

I stopped reading when you put 2 injured defenders in your starting line up.