Bullet after Bolton?

9 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

They are scared to death of the flipping mouth breathers in the stands that berate them at every given opportunity. Jos said they are lacking confidence yet our “fans” expect whatever team we put out to be of the same quality as our best 11 and boo heckle, deride and slag off when they don’t perform. 

I dont want to go on Saturday.  Not because of the team. Because of our fans. 

Yes they dont have the same quality but effort, passion the want to win a ball costs nothing. The players should be the ones giving the fans something to cheer about. They are still professional football players, something the majority of us would give anything to be. If a player cant handle a bit of booing they are in the wrong profession 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Really so tell me those two injured defenders on the bench where they there for balance of the bench as one side has a wobble and needs someone with a bit of weight.

Or if you are saying they were not fit why was Ogrady, Neilson or any of the other FIT players not used or does DC pick the team and the bench and Jos does know from game to game who he can play - Remind me again who is the manager of our club.

As normally the manager - MANAGES the team so picks the team, set the tactics, checks players are fit enough to play, looks after the welfare of his team so this means you don't play injured players so are you telling me he had players on the bench that were not fit to play????

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Really so tell me those two injured defenders on the bench where they there for balance of the bench as one side has a wobble and needs someone with a bit of weight.

Or if you are saying they were not fit why was Ogrady, Neilson or any of the other FIT players not used or does DC pick the team and the bench and Jos does know from game to game who he can play - Remind me again who is the manager of our club.

As normally the manager - MANAGES the team so picks the team, set the tactics, checks players are fit enough to play, looks after the welfare of his team so this means you don't play injured players so are you telling me he had players on the bench that were not fit to play????

I have no idea why Neilson or O’Grady weren’t picked.  Perhaps they aren’t fit ? There are any number of reasons why the Manager chose not to include them. 

Yes. I am saying I believe we had players in the bench last night that were not 100%. 

If Venancio or Pudil has started last night and gone off after 15 minutes , possibly ending their season , what would your criticism of Jos be then ? 

I suspect they they were on the bench as an absolute last resort.  

Jos put out the strongest, fittest team at his disposal last night in my opinion. 

But yeah. Let’s sack him. 

1 minute ago, Vaughan said:

I have no idea why Neilson or O’Grady weren’t picked.  Perhaps they aren’t fit ? There are any number of reasons why the Manager chose not to include them. 

Yes. I am saying I believe we had players in the bench last night that were not 100%. 

If Venancio or Pudil has started last night and gone off after 15 minutes , possibly ending their season , what would your criticism of Jos be then ? 

I suspect they they were on the bench as an absolute last resort.  

Jos put out the strongest, fittest team at his disposal last night in my opinion. 

But yeah. Let’s sack him. 

Can you honestly say based on what you have seen from him while in charge that we are going to get the 10-12 points we need from the next 11 games to stay up - because i cannot.

We are hoping other teams do us favours instead of going out and picking up points against poor teams. Ipswich, Millwall, poor teams that we have made look lie world beaters because we turn up and sit in and hope for something to happen.

If the injuries are so bad play the fit players and instead of hoping to nick a goal try to score more than the other team. Is Clare injured or is it because he hasn't signed a contract as he had no problem play 3 games a week at Gillingham so what has changed in 9 weeks of being back

If Jos is still in charge for the Norwich game we will be in league 1 next year his only hope is someone like a Fessi returns to score a few goals to keep us up.  

24 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Yes they dont have the same quality but effort, passion the want to win a ball costs nothing. The players should be the ones giving the fans something to cheer about. They are still professional football players, something the majority of us would give anything to be. If a player cant handle a bit of booing they are in the wrong profession 

Bit of booing. 

Of players lacking confidence and form. 

From their own fans. 

At home. 

In a relegation fight. 

I suppose if we boo and criticise them enough during the games we can get them playing like Man City.  

Genius. 

11 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

While it is absolutely poor.

Jos will be absolutely sure.

That traditional 4-4-2 players, can not fit his 5-3-2 philosphy. 

Seeking a change in management, will be cheaper than seeking 10+ new players. 

The saviours, returning from injury, won't have a clue how to click in this formation. 

Tom Lees didn't look comfortable covering RB, when Palmer bombed forward like a clueless chicken on speed.

Even our top man Adam Reach took his foot off the gas today. 

Just end this season already

Read the first two lines, and thought it was going to be a poem.

Bit disappointed TBH...

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If the injuries are so bad play the fit players and instead of hoping to nick a goal try to score more than the other team. 

Can you drop an email to the club outlining this ? 

I am am not sure how they have managed to overlook this. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Bit of booing. 

Of players lacking confidence and form. 

From their own fans. 

At home. 

In a relegation fight. 

I suppose if we boo and criticise them enough during the games we can get them playing like Man City.  

Genius. 

So we should clap them no matter what and tell them they are doing a splendid job. 2 WINS IN 20 LEAGUE GAMES! They arent little kids they are professional football players that are paid a hell of a lot of money, all this mollycoddling is pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Can you drop an email to the club outlining this ? 

I am am not sure how they have managed to overlook this. 

Well football is a very simple game as Tricky Trev once said the team that scores the most goals normally wins the game.

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So we should clap them no matter what and tell them they are doing a splendid job. 2 WINS IN 20 LEAGUE GAMES! They arent little kids they are professional football players that are paid a hell of a lot of money, all this mollycoddling is pathetic. 

Nope. I am saying don’t destroy what confidence there is. 

For example. Last night. Boyd tried to take down a high ball over the North Stand touchline. 

It wasn’t easy.  He got it. But as he tried to bring it down it bounced off his chest and went out. 

I clapped and said “unlucky” , it was a difficult pass to control. He did his best. I tried to offer some encouragement. 

Contrast that with the Ape sat 4 seats from me “BOYD YOU USELESS FUUKING CUUUNT . YOU ARE SHIIIT .  FOOKKING GET OFF  THE PITCH YOU USELESS BASTTARD” 

Then he went back to watching PSG on his phone. 

I

Edited by Vaughan

57 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Perhaps. Just perhaps Jos isn’t an idiot and has more info on why those players didn’t feature. Perhaps Joao wasn’t 100%. Perhaps Pudil was still suffering from the knock we were told  about the day before ? Perhaps some of the players on the bench were there to make up numbers due to injuries. 

Perhaps the Bundesliga 2 isn't as competitive as one of the hardest leagues in world football. Joao came on and made a difference. Pudil looked fine in the warm ups before the game and at half time. perhaps a 80% fit Pudil would offer more than a 100% Loovens who was atrocious. Perhaps playing with a striker in the game a few weeks ago may have offered some sort of threat in front of goal.

Perhaps making a sub when you are 1-0 down with 6 minutes to go may have sparked something. Perhaps recruiting someone who knows the division and how to get the best out of the squad in our current predicament would have been wiser.

Lots of perhaps mate but 1 win in 10 is perhaps not good enough?

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Pudil and Joao both picked up knocks at Bristol and were doubtful before last nights game.

We would struggle in Bundesliga 2, its a strong league, attendances are higher than championship.

It's not the championship and I don't care how many watch it. It's no way as hard or competitive as the championship.

6 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Some of our fans are absolutely foooking thick. 

From the toe rag  that sat and watched PSG v Real on the Kop on his phone last night , only looking up to call our players w@nkers to the fools that want Jos sacked before he has any chance to pick a team that can compete. 

I am am baffled as to what they think he’s supposed to do.  

Then I’m absolutely flippingthick. I’ve been saying the same, give him time, wait til the players are fit. BUT regardless of the unavailable players that performance last night was unacceptable whichever way you look at it. This wasn’t a team of kids, it was a team of well paid professionals. They couldn’t even do simple things.

By now he has had long enough to install the discipline and organisation is “famous” for. 

Not good enough, and we need to get shut while we can still save the season and stop up.

6 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I don't agree on the what else could he done or what team could he have picked.

Pudil is a better CB than Loovens now. Was it official that Clare had a knock? What's the latest on Thorniley?

Why didn't Joao start? Why no9 further subs after half time? Why after finally getting fit after 18 months did Abdi not start ahead of Butterfield or Jones? A 3 million pound ex PL player can't get a game in this side.

Sorry this isn't the Bundesliga 2. Out of his depth.

Because both Pudil and Joao were carrying knocks. Venancio also.

That's why.

It was well publicised beforehand. He stated it in the pre match press conference.

Why choose to ignore that information to needlessly criticise Jos' selection?!

16 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

How can people criticise the team selection?

Jos literally has NO OTHER players to pick?!?

I don't want Fox starting either but its either him or some kid form the academy who has never played a professional game.

Clare, Thornily are both carry knocks otherwise they would have probably played or at least have been on the bench.

Jos is in a horrible spot, you can't really blame him for it all going wrong when he's trying to do the best he can with a severely depleted squad.

However 5 losses in a row speaks for its self and if we lose vs Bolton on Saturday LLLLLL over the last 6 and 2 wins in 21...you've seen people go for much less.

THE BIG question for me is WHY did we bring in a manager who has no experience in relegation scraps or English football to rescue our season when we have so many long term injuries to key first team players? The club must have known we were going to be without almost the entire first XI for a long time and should have acted much better.

IMO some idiot of the Steve Evans mould on a short term contact would have been a better option. Somebody with experience to come in and motivate the squad to get a few big results then we do a proper rebuild in the summer? 

I still don't think we'll go down because teams like Sunderland & Burton are laughably bad but we're only safe by 7 points. If we carry on not winning and leaking goals those final 5 games of the season could be a real struggle. 

We were not in a relegation scrap when Jos came in, far from it we were looking to close the gap on the top six.

As much as i sympathise with Jos circumstances some of his decisions are baffling that in it’s self has nothing to do with injuries!

15 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

We were not in a relegation scrap when Jos came in, far from it we were looking to close the gap on the top six.

As much as i sympathise with Jos circumstances some of his decisions are baffling that in it’s self has nothing to do with injuries!

Wasn't the points gap to the bottom three, the same as it is now?

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read that somewhere the other day.

Just because we as fans didn't perceive us to be in a relegation scrap...doesn't mean it wasn't a possibility. 

EDIT

Just had a look:

When Luhukay took over, we were only 6 points off the bottom three. 

If we weren't in a relegation scrap then, we certainly aren't now. 

Edited by frastheowl