Another awful line up

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I mean..

There is at least £15m worth of players, the club captain, our best defender and one of our highest value assets, our summer signing who started almost every game in the Prem a year ago, experience of promotions from this league, a supposedly highly rated young goalkeeper..

Yes it's not our first team but I'm sick of hearing excuses. If the team is set up and right and the players are on it there's enough there to be competitive in this league. 

About time some sorted themselves the f*ck out. 

Good point but Boyd is no wing back and there is no pace or guile in the team.

I don't know who else the manager could pick given the injuries and knocks carried.

Draw would be ok I feel. I try to be positive but without Bannan and Hooper back at the very least I don't think we're good enough to stay up. 

What the **** can he do? 

Im sick of fans complainimg about the line up. 

Yes it sucks. Its the most annoying horrendous situation ive known but what can Jos do? 

The players are playing 3 games a week. They cant be anywhere near their peak. Confidence is rock bottom. 

Wtf is the alternative.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hopevalleyowl said:

Jones and Butterfield are effectively a more recent version of Potter and O'Conner, both awful in possession and no better than league 1 standard

Potter could spray the ball about and O'Connor got stuck in ....these 2 pass sideways and backwards and that's about it !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

What the **** can he do? 

Yes it sucks. Its the most annoying horrendous situation ive known but what can Jos do? 

The players are playing 3 games a week. They cant be anywhere near their peak. Confidence is rock bottom. 

Wtf is the alternative.

Sadly there is none.

Pudil, Fred and Joao have knocks and Abdi has barely played,

And Peluplessy is struggling but people want to chuck him in again.

Some are even demanding Hirst?

The bile on here tonight and the big flounces at glad I'm not there, considering going home are sad

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
12 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I mean..

There is at least £15m worth of players, the club captain, our best defender and one of our highest value assets, our summer signing who started almost every game in the Prem a year ago, experience of promotions from this league, a supposedly highly rated young goalkeeper..

Yes it's not our first team but I'm sick of hearing excuses. If the team is set up and right and the players are on it there's enough there to be competitive in this league. 

About time some sorted themselves the f*ck out. 

Finally. Someone else can see it.

Thank you sir.

22 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

What the **** can he do? 

Wtf is the alternative.

Butterfield should be nowhere near the starting eleven.

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

What the **** can he do? 

Wtf is the alternative.

The alternative is to watch welsowl's loovens post..on loop and pray for this bloody season to end.

FFS.

Why do posters think it's 5 at the back it could easily be 4 with Boyd on the right of a 442 midfield. My first thought was also 532 but it isn't necessarily so.

It's still not an inspiring team

21 minutes ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Dreadful line up. What’s this 5-3-2 formation about. It doesn’t work with the players we have.

We are at HOME. Surely we should be going for it?

We lined up with 4 at the back last game and shipped four goals

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

Why do posters think it's 5 at the back it could easily be 4 with Boyd on the right of a 442 midfield. My first thought was also 532 but it isn't necessarily so.

It's still not an inspiring team

I had thought the same, 4-4-2 with Reach and Boyd playing on the flanks. 

12 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Sadly there is none.

Pudil, Fred and Joao have knocks and Abdi has barely played,

And Peluplessy is struggling but people want to chuck him in again.

Some are even demanding Hirst?

The bile on here tonight and the big flounces at glad I'm not there, considering going home are sad

Why can't foo.kin Abdi play like ?

Is he made of chocolate or summat , stop making excuses for wee wee poor management !

11 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

Good point but Boyd is no wing back and there is no pace or guile in the team.

I don't know who else the manager could pick given the injuries and knocks carried.

Draw would be ok I feel. I try to be positive but without Bannan and Hooper back at the very least I don't think we're good enough to stay up. 

I agree, and I'm not saying this is a good team by any stretch. It obviously isn't, there are glaring gaps and some are out of position or being asked to do jobs they can't do.

But other than our fully fit first team over the last 2 and a half years, tonight's line-up is still the most expensively assembled and experienced starting 11 we've had since we got relegated from the Prem. 

If the transfer fees are justified, if the wages are being truly "earnt", if the experience comes through.. then that starting line-up SHOULD be able to go into a home game against Ipswich town and get some sort of result. And it should be able to against Bolton.

I don't know if it's the players or the coaching and management why we can't feel more confident in that starting 11, but either way I'm f*cking sick of making excuses for it. 

We need to start picking up 3 points and I expect that team and this manager to do something the f*ck about it.