Bristol City match is ON

Just now, coopswfc76 said:

All but essential travel surely that covers it otherwise what's the point of the warning? 

For a huge geographic area - not specifically Bristol

If the stadium and surroundings were deemed unsafe then the game would be off

Common sense from Wolves - take note Bristol City

Wolves managing director Laurie Dalrymple said, “Whilst challenging weather conditions up and down the country had already forced a number of EFL fixtures to be postponed we were determined to get this fixture on, and a number of dedicated individuals gave up their time and effort yesterday to help make that a possibility.

“However, the safety of both home and away supporters and the numerous match day staff has to take precedence, and after the dreadful and dangerous weather failed to cease, we have been left with no choice but to postpone this fixture.

“Unfortunately it is not just Molineux that has been affected, but the surrounding areas are extremely treacherous, including many of the city car parks, which are presently unusable.

“With Wolves fans planning to travel from all over the country and Reading supporters coming up from Berkshire, we have made the decision to call the game off now rather than wait and hope that the weather will subside later today.

5 minutes ago, scram said:

For a huge geographic area - not specifically Bristol

If the stadium and surroundings were deemed unsafe then the game would be off

With thousands travelling from no where near the ground surely they would consider that? 

It's another thing just to ignore in future if the warnings don't mean anything and the the police will be puzzled why nobody takes any notice of there warnings next time. 

2 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Gotta say I don't think it's unreasonable for City to put this game on if pitch clearly payable.  Refunds available on request - took me just two mins to ring for mine.

The fact you've had to get a refund should give you some clue as to why it's unreasonable to go ahead with the match

lol

Owlstalk Shop

The fact is, Bristol see us there for the taking - injuries, poor for, away from home etc

they don't care about the fans, all they want is the 3 points on offer with a chance to go back in the play offs and feel we are vunarable 

like people have said before, if it was roles reversed and Bristol were down the bottom and injuries this game would have been called off days ago

just hope we stick it too them now

2 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

The fact is, Bristol see us there for the taking - injuries, poor for, away from home etc

they don't care about the fans, all they want is the 3 points on offer with a chance to go back in the play offs and feel we are vunarable 

like people have said before, if it was roles reversed and Bristol were down the bottom and injuries this game would have been called off days ago

I think we will

It's how the football Gods work

Guest Bulgaria
11 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Can you blame them? Seriously?

Roads around AG are fine. It's pavements that are very slushy as the snow thaws but A&S police deem it all safe. 

Bus routes to AG are limited especially in the rural areas and several matchday car parks are also closed. That'll obviously affect today's attendance.

There been an outcry amongst fans at the game going ahead but the club have no grounds to postpone it. The pitch is fine and surrounding area passed fit by the police. Difficulty actually getting to AG for the fans counts for nothing.

Both clubs need a win so that means it'll be a draw.........1-1 is my prediction.

Obviusly I hope City win and I'll pop back in after the game.