Bristol City match is ON

1 minute ago, Alan Robinson said:

Roads around AG are fine. It's pavements that are very slushy as the snow thaws but A&S police deem it all safe. 

Bus routes to AG are limited especially in the rural areas and several matchday car parks are also closed. That'll obviously affect today's attendance.

There been an outcry amongst fans at the game going ahead but the club have no grounds to postpone it. The pitch is fine and surrounding area passed fit by the police. Difficulty actually getting to AG for the fans counts for nothing.

Both clubs need a win so that means it'll be a draw.........1-1 is my prediction.

Obviusly I hope City win and I'll pop back in after the game.

They have told everyone not to travel unless essential it's a joke tbh.

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

They have told everyone not to travel unless essential it's a joke tbh.

But watching SWFC is essential.

Morning All 

I know it’s not what you wanted to hear but the decision to persevere with the game has clearly been vindicated. 

Temperature rising, snow thawing very quickly and buses running almost as normal. Have been out and about this morning and the roads are absolutely fine, now snow at all in all but the smallest roads.

Your biggest threat is getting splashed from all the slush on the pavements. Have walked two miles this morning in rural area about 6m from the centre of Bristol and not found any ice anywhere, and it will be better as you get closer to the centre. 

Safe travels to all who come down. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Morning All 

I know it’s not what you wanted to hear but the decision to persevere with the game has clearly been vindicated. 

Temperature rising, snow thawing very quickly and buses running almost as normal. Have been out and about this morning and the roads are absolutely fine, now snow at all in all but the smallest roads.

Your biggest threat is getting splashed from all the slush on the pavements. Have walked two miles this morning in rural area about 6m from the centre of Bristol and not found any ice anywhere, and it will be better as you get closer to the centre. 

Fair although as we speak our fans are struggling to get there on trains

Any news on that one mate?

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Morning All 

But no trains past Birmingham

Some on route via London then reading with the potential of further cancellations delays and no idea on trains home yet

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Fair although as we speak our fans are struggling to get there on trains

Any news on that one mate?

I’m very sympathetic having had my own football plans messed about by the weather multiple times over the years.

Just now, cazzaswfc said:

But no trains past Birmingham

Some on route via London then reading with the potential of further cancellations delays and no idea on trains home yet

Very sympathetic but that’s not a reason not to play the game. 

Guest Bulgaria

anyone know why all the premiership games are going ahead?

Do they have underground heating on the roads and pavements outside, or will betfred, skybet,,bet365 and numerous others be very angry if they dont play?

I think the issues are much more about the hassle on roads and rail between Sheffield and Bristol

But as stated - if that were a deciding factor then every game would be off today

Imo nobody should put themselves at risk for a football match - but i understand why fans will still go all out to get to the match by whatever means

1 minute ago, cazzaswfc said:

Was for Wolves, they issued a statement around fans having to travel and fan safety (for away fans too) was the most important thing.

I’m not in Wolverhampton so can’t comment on conditions there but here there is no legitimate reason for a football game to be called off. The roads are safe, the stadium is safe and public transport in the city is running well. 

With the greatest respect and sympathy for those affected, a 22k event isn’t going to get called off because of a very small proportion of away fans have had their trains cancelled. 

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Was on 07:56, probably about 30 of us. Arrived in Brum to be told our alternative route of Snow Hill station to Worcester to Bristol has now also been cancelled. Currently on the 9:33 to Reading to pick up the London to Bristol. ETA 13:15 ......... return journey anyone’s guess!

11:28 Reading to Bristol now cancelled ..... currently en route to Bridgend !

EF80CDF2-5D4E-4053-943A-C7E84F03A376.jpeg