SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

19 hours ago, richowl said:

D-Taxis wheels (no pun intended) are in motion.

they have a 'headquarters' & DC has a few people running that for him. They are working their way through the necessary paper work,regulations etc in order for them to start trading.

DC made a bid to buy out city at the end of December/beginning of January. It was rejected as it fell quite a way short of what they wanted.

A few injury concerns with the taxis - 2 weeks away

injury concerns.jpg

11 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Swiss Ramble

@SwissRamble

·

7h

'In addition, #SWFC would have to pay £7.5m loyalty bonuses to certain players if they are still at the club on specific dates, which makes it more difficult to sell these players to raise funds. Another £2.1m would become due if the club is promoted before 32 May 2021'

30th June is the date for loyalty bonus payments - irrespective of any first team appearances. 

On 2/3/2018 at 18:27, Watson said:

Then I'm sure you will agree that without evidence your claim of knowledge can be dismissed.

This is a chat site not the Old Bailey. 

What do you want , primary or circumstantial proof (enough to convict for murder)?.

For example, Stuart Gray tells us your boss DC rejected Vardy for £5 million (Pearson trying to do us a favour).

Last week on telly v Swansea, Mark Lawrenson confirms that with very sarcy laugh too.

Basically saying , after Vardy Chansiri was seen as- at best -  well gullible and that's when all the vultures swooped - Doyen et al.

Similarly, direct quotes from Roeder said DC ignored him on Jon Kodje before City, at £2 million - now at Villa for £15 big ones.

Is  that nuff evidence for ya? And this is only a bit of what we know about - imagine rest.   

Guest timrud

57 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Last week on telly v Swansea, Mark Lawrenson confirms that with very sarcy laugh too.

Basically saying , after Vardy Chansiri was seen as- at best -  well gullible and that's when all the vultures swooped - Doyen

So you are saying because we didn't sign Vardy for 5m, Doyen as a direct consequence came in and stole all the money in the world from us?

I've really heard it all now.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

What do you want , primary or circumstantial proof (enough to convict for murder)?.

For example, Stuart Gray tells us your boss DC rejected Vardy for £5 million (Pearson trying to do us a favour).

Basically saying , after Vardy Chansiri was seen as- at best -  well gullible and that's when all the vultures swooped - Doyen et al.

Similarly, direct quotes from Roeder said DC ignored him on Jon Kodje before City, at £2 million - now at Villa for £15 big ones.

Is  that nuff evidence for ya? And this is only a bit of what we know about - imagine rest.   

fair point - I'll fall in line with everyone else

Bloke told me in pub Carlos is coming back next week.

Put money on it.

16 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Maybe spending £5m plus PL wages on Vardy - who'd managed 5 goals in 36 appearances in that season, and 21 goals in 77 in his two seasons at Championship level before that - wasn't really a great deal at the time?

If only Chansiri had shelled out a bit extra for the crystal ball that would have told him that Vardy was about to suddenly hit the form of his life...

Just heard this on the Owls Americast podcast that's interesting

5 Year Season Tickets - if you buy one it doesn't all get lumped into this season's finances to help the situation

instead the money you pay for a 5 year season ticket is spread over 5 years in the accounts

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

5 Year Season Tickets - if you buy one it doesn't all get lumped into this season's finances to help the situation

instead the money you pay for a 5 year season ticket is spread over 5 years in the accounts

I thought this was how its works accountancy wise.

But that doesn't mean we cant spend it all at once on another spending spree in the next window?

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure what to think about that one?

It would be nice if it was in this seasons accounts as a bit of a cushion for this season.

At least it doesn't cut revenue down for 5 seasons.

:picnic:

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I thought this was how its works accountancy wise.

But that doesn't mean we cant spend it all at once on another spending spree in the next window?

How many of the 5 year season tickets do you reckon we'll sell?

Be interesting to forecast how much that would bring int

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

How many of the 5 year season tickets do you reckon we'll sell?

Be interesting to forecast how much that would bring int

Hard to make an accurate prediction but probably would guess about 1,000.

If so at about £2,500 each that's £2.5m which in the context of football finances is not a lot of money. That might only be a couple of first teamers wages for 1 year.

15 hours ago, Watson said:

fair point - I'll fall in line with everyone else

Bloke told me in pub Carlos is coming back next week.

Put money on it.

If that bloke was Stuart Gray, Roeder or Mark Lawrenson, I would.

For example, your boss stated he was persuaded to buy Jordan Rhodes (who McCarthy says today we are now trying to get off rid, due to wages).

So this is credible. However, we are told it was his son who liked JR's tweets so got Dad to buy. 

This would be so stupid so not as believable, therefore we give it due weight.

Ditto contract restraints v 'injuries.' It's not difficult to determine what's going on.

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Hard to make an accurate prediction but probably would guess about 1,000.

If so at about £2,500 each that's £2.5m which in the context of football finances is not a lot of money. That might only be a couple of first teamers wages for 1 year.

For some perspective, if I buy a 5 year ST for 2.5k, they're not going to see any more money from me for the next 6 years (I've currently got another year to go on my 3 year ST) - and that 6 years worth of admission money wouldn't even pay Jordan Rhodes' wages for a Thursday afternoon.