SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

And if this year is like last year we’ll have accumulated £40m in losses in 2 seasons. If the FFP cap stays at £39m does that mean we will need to turn a £20m loss into a £1m loss to escape FFP again? 

No,what happens with FPP is that the goalposts will be moved every season so that the EFL dont have to face any legal challenges.

Been like it since it was introduced.

Guest Kameron

These accounts are absolutely meaningless, did people honestly believe we weren’t going to lose shitloads given the money spent?? I didn’t hear any conversations or read any posts on message boards questioning the state of the club as we walked up Wembley way.  What’s important is avoiding a transfer embargo, the gamble has failed so DC has to be smart or gamble even more.  The loses are irrelevant because it’s DC’s cash to spend how he chooses, those moaning now are hypocrites saying nothing whilst we were Wembley bound, the same folk now think they have a god given right to a full explanation of how the club is being run day to day.  Heres an idea if you don’t like how we’re being run, make Chansiri an offer for the club and see how you get on running the shop.  Yep he’s wasted millions, yep he’s dropped some testicles but he was the only one willing to put his money in and give it a go, the proper “Wednesday people” were praying we went into administration in the hope of getting us for a quid.  

6 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

My apologies. 

He's definitely a blade though.

That's a big claim there old bean.

Other than him only popping up in financial and George Hirst threads saying we've handled it all terribly theres not much to go on.

Edited by Lord Snooty

1 minute ago, Kameron said:

These accounts are absolutely meaningless, did people honestly believe we weren’t going to lose shitloads given the money spent?? I didn’t hear any conversations or read any posts on message boards questioning the state of the club as we walked up Wembley way.  What’s important is avoiding a transfer embargo, the gamble has failed so DC has to be smart or gamble even more.  The loses are irrelevant because it’s DC’s cash to spend how he chooses, those moaning now are hypocrites saying nothing whilst we were Wembley bound, the same folk now think they have a god given right to a full explanation of how the club is being run day to day.  Heres an idea if you don’t like how we’re being run, make Chansiri an offer for the club and see how you get on running the shop.  Yep he’s wasted millions, yep he’s dropped some testicles but he was the only one willing to put his money in and give it a go, the proper “Wednesday people” were praying we went into administration in the hope of getting us for a quid.  

Nailed 

1 minute ago, Kameron said:

These accounts are absolutely meaningless, did people honestly believe we weren’t going to lose shitloads given the money spent?? I didn’t hear any conversations or read any posts on message boards questioning the state of the club as we walked up Wembley way.  

They were though

The posters got very angrily blasted and shut down

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Just read all of this post and I just don't agree with it

I think it's hysterical, lacks facts, and offering critics the only retort to 'buy the club' is downright daft innit

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And if this year is like last year we’ll have accumulated £40m in losses in 2 seasons. If the FFP cap stays at £39m does that mean we will need to turn a £20m loss into a £1m loss to escape FFP again? 

I certainly can't see where the loss for the current year will be significantly lower than last year's £21m.

We haven't sold anyone and have added Rhodes and Boyd on significant wages plus bought Van Aken and Pelupessy.  

We've maybe made a bit more from the FA Cup with TV fees and prize money but that won't be much. Last year we bought Reach, Abdi, Winnall, Fox, Jones and presumably paid hefty wages to loan McManaman (may be some other incomings I've missed) but there's no way we can have saved £10m on last year so going over the £39m limit is inevitable. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Other than him only popping up in financial and George Hirst threads saying we've handled it all terribly theres not much to go on.

Seriously....he's NEVER posted anything positive about the club. 

He clearly enjoys sticking the boot in whenever he gets chance.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Put him on ignore then

There's no requirement on a forum to post anything positive. Some people are serious or grumpy and some are mad and funny. That's life

Let's not get personal or unfriendly or namecall each other - that's rubbish innit

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

This. He only ever appears when there's doom and gloom. Never seen him post after a win. 

4 hours ago, smhouston said:

:laugh: 

Owners invest in the club = big loss = bad management

Owners don't invest in the club = still losses = bad management / no commitment

Yet our fans still think we can charge £10 a game and still expect to compete

Who are all these fans you are on about, under 8's ?

No adult would say or even intimate what you have suggested.

The account figures are dire.

Should fans be expected to pay yet more now to watch our team and so as to attempt to make things better here ? 

Clearly the price of watching a team, has very little / nothing to do with being competitive, or we'd be top of the league now.

Is our owner really in such a no win situation all the time, as your post seems to suggest ?

I think it is very reasonable for his actions and decisions to be debated / criticised, in a reasonable manner.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I certainly can't see where the loss for the current year will be significantly lower than last year's £21m.

We haven't sold anyone and have added Rhodes and Boyd on significant wages plus bought Van Aken and Pelupessy.  

We've maybe made a bit more from the FA Cup with TV fees and prize money but that won't be much. Last year we bought Reach, Abdi, Winnall, Fox, Jones and presumably paid hefty wages to loan McManaman (may be some other incomings I've missed) but there's no way we can have saved £10m on last year so going over the £39m limit is inevitable. 

Looks that way unless there are player sales this summer. However, most of our saleable assets are injured. Reach could be a target for a premier league club who need a wing back. That is his position. 

Future creditor position of £43.7 is a nightmare and you can only see problems down the line if we don’t get promoted next season.

12 minutes ago, Kameron said:

You make some really valid points, but they get lost amongst the vitriol imo.

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be fair I think it was maybe the last bit of Geoffrey's last comment that upset him ?

11 minutes ago, Kameron said:

If you have a bad Transatlantic flight with Virgin...you put your complaint in through the usual channels and have a bellyache on social media.

You don't buy the company to prove you can do it better.

Unless you're Victor Kiam.

FFS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3