SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

4 hours ago, Hitcat said:

I'm anticipating this thread being overrun by the panicking wet blouse brigade. Minimum 50 pages of hyperbole, hot wind and guff.

Hyperbole yes, but Hot Wind and Guff ?  No way. "September" and "Lets groove tonight" were absolute classics mate.

• Haha 4

Just now, Watson said:

No, not really accountancy is one of the very few subjects I'm not an expert in.   Much like the vast majority of posters in this thread. 

You don’t need to be an expert in accountancy to know it’s a worry. And as someone who passed all the chartered accountant exams I can speak with a touch of authority.

Way I look at it, you've been stood at the fruit machine all night, having started with £20. You've got a fiver left, and can either walk away and buy some fish and chips, or put the last fiver in and try and win it back, and more. 

DC is in this balls deep. Would not surprise me if he just went for it. If he stops investing, we are more or less doomed. As reckless as it sounds, the only possible (relatively short term) solution is to throw more money at it, and see if things change. 

One thing for sure, Jos isn't the man for such a job. Such a gamble should go hand in hand with a big name name

manager. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

True. Got to say, I’m really concerned if we don’t get promoted next season. The creditor position is over £60m with a turnover less than £24m. Coupled with ongoing costs, such as wages it looks a recipe for disaster. 

We have a load of aging crocks with little resale value which compounds the problem. Younger players such as Rhodes have lost the plot. 

For balance, we have.....

Dawson

Wildsmith

Hunt

Lees

Van Aken

Thorniley

Reach

Pulepessy

Clare

Joao

Hirst

None of these can be described as aging or crocks.

1 minute ago, Watson said:

Surely thats's what everyone does when commenting on subjects, we all have our presuppositions and biases. 

Correct

I have my opinions

Others have their opinions

You have yours too - and it's usually emailed to you by your paymasters at the club half an hour before you log on along with your mission instructions

lol

Owlstalk Shop

49 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Well our season just keeps getting better and better :sad: DC not looking like the great business man we hoped, that bloody Doyen won’t have helped things imo. Bad bad advice. 

It's not really a shock though is it ?

Plenty have been asking questions for 12 months at least.

In a way it's a relief. We know where we are now. We've foooked up badly and have to cut our cloth accordingly, learn from Carlos's and the Chairmans mistakes , and move forward.