SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

now we'll see how big DC's balls are. Either they will shrink like raisins and he'll head back off to sell daddy's tuna again, or he's gonna wade in and drop his load on a summer spending spree to get us promoted. 

We jizzed at least £500k on Urby, imagine how bad DC feels about that now. 

What irks me is that we were told we were making financial decisions mindful of FFP. Now that can be interpreted various ways including that we were going to risk breaching it if we didn’t succeed, but to me it meant that we wouldn’t do anything to jeapordise the future ability of the club to challenge. 

Edited by Bluesteel

Just now, hawksmore said:

now we'll see how big DC's balls are. Either they will shrink like raisins and he'll head back off to sell daddy's tuna again, or he's gonna wade in and drop his load on a summer spending spree to get us promoted. 

We jizzed at least £500k on Urby, imagine how bad DC feels about that now. 

Probably doesn't give a flying. Pocket change £500k.

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

FFP would have to be considered in line with forecast sales/outgoings, profit/loss.

In danger of getting too technical here. The point I was trying to make is that just because the auditor has signed the accounts off doesn't indicate we will not fail FFP next year.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Watson said:

I'm not.  I don't know enough about the subject to offer a view.  Rickygoo claims to be knowledgeable about it, so I'll take his counsel. 

neither do i relatively  but what's obvious my dear watson is that we are in somewhat of a pickle are we not ?

as i said earlier i'd love a manderic type state of the nation statement to chart away forward and this time cut out 'whatever it takes' because we now know that is allowed by (P&S)

16 minutes ago, vulva said:

A comment he made at one of the recent fans groups resonated. Something along the lines of not needing the money, but needing the income. We are in a right pickle. Close the purse strings, and we remain in the pickle. Spending big appears the only way out, as daft as that ma sound. Logic would argue to bring the kids through, but that's a very long term plan, and I don't think DC had any intentions of being here long term. 

Is spending big an option anymore.. FFP or no FFP?

We don't know so it's pointless speculating about our finances.

Why am I asking this question?

We don't know.

FFS.

Just now, Wakefield owl said:

In danger of getting too technical here. The point I was trying to make is that just because the auditor has signed the accounts off doesn't indicate we will not fail FFP next year.

As things stand it and from the information available, it appears highly likely.

24 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's not really a shock though is it ?

Plenty have been asking questions for 12 months at least.

In a way it's a relief. We know where we are now. We've foooked up badly and have to cut our cloth accordingly, learn from Carlos's and the Chairmans mistakes , and move forward.

Personally this makes me believe even more that we need a manager that knows the Championship and working on a small budget. I like Jos but with what will probably be next to no money and a lack of knowledge of the English game we could do with someone else in change next season. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Personally this makes me believe even more that we need a manager that knows the Championship and working on a small budget. I like Jos but with what will probably be next to no money and a lack of knowledge of the English game we could do with someone else in change next season. 

Jos is cheap.

Very cheap.

No disrespect to him but his appointment makes perfect sense now.