Boyd

3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Slow, lacklustre, can’t take on a player, zero energy.

Why was this ever, a good signing? He doesn’t even look like a league one player.

Do I recall that Carlos asked him too slow his high intensity, non stop running and workrate down... after only 2 games (or did I dream that in a parallel universe, quantum physics stylee)! 

• Haha 1

Never like slating our own players but don't know what's happened to him since he's joined Wednesday. I'd have loved him with us when he was younger but he just looks knackered/disinterested since he's been here.

Edited by OwlInCardiff

10 hours ago, twolaptops said:

Watched the highlights back v Villa................Boyd was responsible for THREE of Villa's goals.....lack of challenge led to conceding

Well thats not correct is it. 

Thats a classic "ill pin all blame on one player because that'll do a world of good and make me/everyone feel better"

He’s clearly passed his best. His legs which were his main attribute have gone. However he is better than Fox 

Poor signing and another one we will struggle to move on. 

I fear this is a long job for whoever takes it because there are several players who we won’t be able to move on and no money for new ones.

46 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Well thats not correct is it. 

Thats a classic "ill pin all blame on one player because that'll do a world of good and make me/everyone feel better"

Watch the extended highlights......goals 2/3/4 all down to Boyd's inability to close down or get a foot in.....just watched it again......allows the cross in for Whelan's goal.....fails to tackle for the cross that led to a corner & then failed to block Hourihane who scored.....let Snodgross waltz around him TWICE into area for penalty incident

To be honest hasn't looked good at any point this season.

Remember his debut, and was a little taken aback by how off the pace he looked in that game.  He was poor last night, and another who looks like he is short of energy, creativity, and confidence.

His legs have gone?

He covered more than double the distance of any other player on the park in the Owls - V- Villa match.

How have his legs gone.

He might have been tired last night.

I suspect most people would be if they had done double the running of everyone else (in an alien role) and then had to play 1 v 2 against two Premier League players of not inconsiderable pace 3 days later.

Good God.

He hasn't been sensational by any means.

But who the f*ck has this season?

He's in there giving it his best.

Maybe if we had signed a 'proper' fit for purpose left back , Boyd, who has played his career as a wide attacking midfield player wouldn't be stuck out there with a target on him.

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1

I remember being almost ecstatic when he signed. I know that he was playing out of position last night, and as Lawrenson commented “ I wonder if he’d have signed if he knew that he would be playing left back “,

but I am surprised how ineffective and slow he is .

10 hours ago, Peake said:

Baffles me how him and Jones have multiple promotions and a vast amount of Premier League appearances between them.

May I offer an opinion with a touch of perspective?

Could it be that these players with vast Premier League and top end Championship experience who came here and have massively underperformed have done so because of us as a club?

There is certainly a number of them. Is it a pattern? Or were they all rubbish all the time really and we’ve been mugged off? I personally think playing them with injuries, not managing their fitness and wellbeing properly and playing them out of position and in a system they don’t excel in may have played a part.

Just adding a little counter perspective to these hundreds of posts in multiple threads by all these people about how crap all our players are.

Edited by Guest

Don’t think his fitness is a massive issue because he’s up and down all game.

Its just everything else. He’s so slow! Decision making is stunted and his technique is laboured.

His end product aswell has had me genuinely questioning whether he is actually George Boyd!