This Is Shocking

Agree with the negative set up, agree that the players were poor as a collective, I also agree that from the outset it was obvious what kind of performance it was going to be and that this was perhaps as fans our only glimpse of any success. The only positive again from tonight is the travelling fans. I have been saying it for weeks however we need to ensure our championship safety which I think we will do when one or two come back from injury, write the season off as one of the biggest disappointments in recent memory and move on. It's a grim outlook but is unfortunately the truth. 

There are no positives I see at all that have come from this season so far other than a few changes in the boardroom to potentially give DC more support but that will only be seen in the future. I get how disappointed we all are and how frustrated as we were promised the earth and have ended up with less than we started with and tonight really pulled that into sharp focus. We simply have to grin and bare the remainder of this season and start fresh in the summer.  Once again a massive round of applause to those fans in attendance tonight. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Two strikers from the start. But not high quality strikers vs a Prem defence.

Side did attack but the attacking forces in midfield are not there to get it to the front men often enough. Reach very left footed and predictable. And he's the best! . Nobody can run down the wing either.

We played 5 defenders and another two defensive midfielders just in front,  at times a 7-1-2

With the best will, Reach, Rhodes and Joao were always going to struggle as our only attacking threat in the opposition half.

First of all to every man,woman and child that spent a single penny going down to South Wales on a lousy night....gawd bless yer and a safe journey home.

We can now add being totally shyite on national tele to our anniversary checklist. 

I just hope we can scrape 4th from bottom and then have the biggest clear out in this football clubs history.

Rhodes, Jones, Butterfield we know are utter garbage but if there's one thing I cant stand is a player with no guts and Daniel Pudil is one of the most gutless.......if that coward gets a new contract it'll be a joke.

If we don't change something soon we're going down...... One positive is that Clare should be back at the weekend and Dawson showed his quality again.

Why didn't Lucas start in the first match?.....roll on May

Massively disappointed more so with performance than result. Don't care that we've got almost a full side missing through injury, it doesn't stop the players on the pitch running their hearts out for 90 mins. They were strolling around like it was a kick about in the park. It didn't even resemble a cup tie with a quarter final place up for grabs. If we weren't that bothered, why not just give it away in the first leg ?  After watching the excitement of Rochdale vs Spurs and Wigan vs Man City I was hoping we might at least have tried. Embarrassing is all I can say. Hats off to the fans that travelled, only positive thing representing the club tonight. 

Going to be a poo season next year too , injured players won’t be in a hurry to come back and if become playable won’t be sold cause of the fitness levels they will have . That leaves no money for any new players either for next season so will end up with a team full of crocs who won’t be interested in playing to their capabilities if they have any left . 

Roll on May.

Sick to death of this season. It’s been completely traumatic and one that could still end in tears. 

I saw nothing tonight (from an essentially “free hit”) to suggest  we have got what it takes to scrap and fight for our lives when it counts. We don’t look up for it. 

The only saving grace is that there could be 3 worse teams than us, but 8 wins all season is completely unacceptable. One home since November!!! 

Happy 150th Birthday Sheffield Wednesday!!! FFS. 

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I just don't  get some comments on here .

We should go for it.

If we had gone for it and lost 4 or 5 nil then what would have been said.

To try to keep the score at 0-0 till late in the game then try and nick a goal was our tactics tonight I think. 

When we went behind the tactics changed. We did try to get forward.

Swansea then changed their tactics to cope with it. Was it expected that Swansea would just let us attack and risk conceding. 

Lets face it they are a Premiership side we are a Championship side.

We have our first choice 11 injured. 

What the heck do some on here expect.

Some of the players we have available are not good enough individually. How can they be expected to beat a Premiership team.

Some of those playing were frozen out by Carlos and are still trying to get their confidence back. Others are returning from injuries. 

Yes it's disappointing but the sooner the negative posters realise we are not the team we were a couple of seasons ago and have had a total destruction of players confidence and ability by you know who just let's get this season over and stay in this league.

WAWAW. At least some of us are.

The title of this thread attracted the negativity that appeared 

You didn't watch Rochdale or Wigan then? Or Bristol City Vs the best domestic team we've seen in years. Its about desire and a group of pro players having a good go. There could only be one winner tonight and we had zero desire for it to be us. It was like Hamilton turning up to F1 ready to race in a Nissan Micra. They were an embarrassment to the shirt tonight against a poor prem side.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, poite said:

This club just completely bores me. I've just lost interest. We don't even look like were even interested in trying to win and that's the sad thing. 

We must have played 6 good halves of football in the last 2 years. The fans have had the wee wee ripped out of them. 

14 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I just don't  get some comments on here .

We should go for it.

If we had gone for it and lost 4 or 5 nil then what would have been said.

To try to keep the score at 0-0 till late in the game then try and nick a goal was our tactics tonight I think. 

When we went behind the tactics changed. We did try to get forward.

Swansea then changed their tactics to cope with it. Was it expected that Swansea would just let us attack and risk conceding. 

Lets face it they are a Premiership side we are a Championship side.

We have our first choice 11 injured. 

What the heck do some on here expect.

Some of the players we have available are not good enough individually. How can they be expected to beat a Premiership team.

Some of those playing were frozen out by Carlos and are still trying to get their confidence back. Others are returning from injuries. 

Yes it's disappointing but the sooner the negative posters realise we are not the team we were a couple of seasons ago and have had a total destruction of players confidence and ability by you know who just let's get this season over and stay in this league.

WAWAW. At least some of us are.

The title of this thread attracted the negativity that appeared 

Wigan seemed to cope against a far far superior side in Man City Premiership teams can be beaten , without Joao tonight we were useless . 

14 minutes ago, Saskatoon owl said:

Going to be a poo season next year too , injured players won’t be in a hurry to come back and if become playable won’t be sold cause of the fitness levels they will have . That leaves no money for any new players either for next season so will end up with a team full of crocs who won’t be interested in playing to their capabilities if they have any left . 

Wallace, Loovens and Atty need to be out the door. Followed by Jones and Hunt the summer after. With the exception of young players who are going to increase in value we should not be renewing a single contract for the next 3 windows. 

Agreed we looked toothless. We could have switched to 433 but we have no pace or guile out wide. Reach could perhaps but he's holding it together in the middle.

We need Lees and Van Aken back so Pudil can play left back.

We need Clare, Abdi or Bannan in midfield to add drive and keep possession better.

We need Matias' pace.

We need Hooper or Forestieri's link up play and goals.

We will have to be patient!

9 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Wigan seemed to cope against a far far superior side in Man City Premiership teams can be beaten , without Joao tonight we were useless . 

Wigan seemed to be able to break better than us I'll grant you but they were at home against 10 men for 45 minutes. 

We did well in the first half - contained them but didn't take our chances. Then a superior team beat us at home. 

I really don't know what we could have done to change it. Reach and Joao cannot compensate for a whole team.

We don't have the options at the minute.

tonight so much reminded me of the capitulation at the play offs makes me feel the players do not want any glory we could have least made a game of it ,rather than look like headless chickens that have escaped from the K F C distribution centre