This Is Shocking

We have been utterly dire tonight.  Have seen at least 3 occasions where a player under no pressure has passed the ball off the pitch. We stick on a third striker with a two man midfield. Presumably the instruction must be to start playing more direct yet we then spend 20 minutes trying to pass thru their packed midfield. Laughable...

We have been utterly dire tonight.  Have seen at least 3 occasions where a player under no pressure has passed the ball off the pitch. We stick on a third striker with a two man midfield. Presumably the instruction must be to start playing more direct yet we then spend 20 minutes trying to pass thru their packed midfield. Laughable...

No urgency, no quality, no desire, no foooking clue.

Played dithery, non-effective football throughout. 

Saw the line up, knew the ending.

Joao and Nuhiu should’ve started. 

The only thing we have to play forand we didn’t even give it a go.

Don’t bother making the excuses Luhukay. Not acceptable that sheeite.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Theres nothing Jos can do, we lack any creativity, drive and energy. Not many managers wouldve been able to work wonders with this team

Agree. Nothing wrong with 3-5-2 given our feeble midfield over 18 months. But none of those available to play in the 5 is good enough to set up attacks. Clare seems a godsend. Reach should be doing more but he is one footed, one paced and predictable. Still think he is better out wide.

We had nothing to lose tonight. 

We we should’ve gone out and gone for it - and setup to go at them

we put no pressure on them at all.

Tonight, was as bad as it was under some of the darker days in the past 5-10 years. wee wee poor football and tactics. Grim - its

not going to get better. 

Thank goodness we won't be playing Spurs! I was nearly screaming at the telly at the end there. Going out the cup and we just pass it backwards and sideways. That was so disappointing, not least because I thought we weren't too bad in the first half, and Swansea were nothing special at all.

9 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Every time I see signs of hope, we get kicked in the nuts. 

Yep feel pretty rubbish after watching that.

i expected Swansea to win because they are a premier league club, but they were poor tonight and we offered very little. 

The thing is we played that badly under Carlos too last season so it’s not a new thing.  There’s a real lack of ability or pace in the side to create chances and score goals

Can see Swansea going down. Brighton showed how to work Carlos out, the better teams still are going to have a field day. Soon as Ayew came on it was game over. The fact that they needed him against us doesn’t bode well.

Injuries aside, Jos simply has to work with what he’s got. I can’t see it happening. Sets every game up like and away leg on a mid noughties Europa League tie. Yet being pragmatic look at what he’s got... woefull. 

I’m very fearful, and the blame lies with our so called Chairman, not his pastsy/fall guy manager.